Lauderhill This Was Always For You

House Ref
outfit

There were many things Samuel Silva had done in the past to please Jaime Solaire, one of his earlier pet projects, so it was no surprise that the ancient vampire had decided on a whim to buy a house and remain in Colorado simply to be close again. As his sire, he had a soft spot for the younger, but elder-looking man, he had been many firsts for Jaime, so it was hard to not feel the tiniest bit responsible for him, even after all these years.

Perhaps it was the years spent apart that made the younger-looking vampire so easily fall into the housing market, purchasing whatever house hit his current needs, just a small display for Jaime that he'd be around.

It wasn't a grand vampire mansion, not that Samuel ever had the taste for such a gross display of wealth. No, no, it was a simple 2-bedroom cottage, with a small garden and shed. Perfectly sized for his work, his notes, his books, and even a room to crash in. It was perfectly inconspicuous for Samuel, another plus, as he tended to run on the more paranoid/cautious spectrum since his escape. Dare not mention their name, Samuel might admit the damage done to his blunt, flaring ego during his centuries in captivity.

Pushing past that, always pushing away, Samuel sent a general invitation to both Jaime and his little human plaything, to stop by on their own accord. For the time being, Samuel was in the area, usually tucked away in his study, recounting and gathering knowledge he hadn't been able to readily devour during his time away.

In the end, it was always for Jaime, the things Samuel did--the things he was doing now. Although he'd hardly openly admit his softness, Jaime knew--it was their own secret language, their sire-bond. Jaime always knew.
The old man was a bit nervous, but he really wanted Dom to meet his sire. And for Sam to meet Dom as well. Jaime was proud of this boy and loved him so much...

"I still honestly can barely believe it..." He murmured, arm wrapped around Dom's shoulders, as he approached the cottage. "I hope you two get along."

He was sure they would. Dominic was smart and charming...
He'd heard a great deal about this guy, a lot of talk that bordered on hero worship but what a guy this Samuel sounded like. Brave and considerate and Good with the biggest most golden capital G there could be.

To think he was still alive after all. It must have been one hell of a gut punch out of fucking nowhere, just... happening to find him here.

Dom had both hands in his pockets but was leaning pretty contentedly against his vampire boyfriend as they stepped up to the little house that was tiny but looked like it cost a fortune, but that seemed to be vampires all over.

"If you like him, I'll probably like him," he murmured, knocking the door to the Super Mario Bros theme.
Samuel hadn't been sure when or if Jaime (and possibly his human) would stop by. It was an open invitation, and given their vampiric status, invitations often ended up collecting dust for a few years... Time just flowed differently for them.

However, this was Jaime. Wonderfully loyal crusader-boy and Samuel didn't find it surprising that there was already a knock at his front door. Unusual beat, but a knock.

Not leaving them waiting long, He opened the door, looking up at both men and offering a smile. Easily taken as a rather troublesome smirk, it was just Samuel, permanently trapped in a body too young for his own good.

"Good evening, come in. " With All smiles and a soft gaze, Samuel tended to be rather calm about everything. Someone who knew him well might've been able to recognize the faintest flick of his eyelashes of him surveying the situation: dissecting it.
Jaime smiled, happy to see his sire. He greeted Samuel with a gentle hug, sort of trying to reassure himself that it was all real.

As real as it could have been

"Good to see you, Sam." he said. "This wonderful young lad here is Dominic."

Introduced his boyfriend as he returned by his side, held his hand with a gentle squeeze.
Somehow Samuel was way younger looking than Dominic had expected. Kinda pretty, if you liked that kind of softness. He thought it was fine. It was just kinda messing with his mind that this dude didn't look any different from anyone else you'd see at the local college, but then most vampires didn't really look... like... ancient.

Even Jaime didn't, but then he didn't act it.

"It's good to meet you," he said with the barest hint of a smile, holding his free hand out politely.
Cool, calm, every movement performed as if he had a lifetime of practice behind it, Samuel hardly ever looked thrown off guard by anything or anyone. Not that he was ever UN-AMUSED with people, he quite enjoyed their company (Hence Jaime), it was just the way he approached things.

Politely returning the hug to his dear little Jaime, the soft pads of his fingertips tapped gently on his back as if non-verbally telling Jaime: 'It's okay, I'm real. Jaime didn't need to speak for Samuel to be able to understand he was carrying a bit of anxiety about everything, and although Samuel preferred to let people work through their own problems, Jaime was always his responsibility.

He'd release him after an appropriate amount of time, tilting his smaller body frame to the human, offering a respected smile, and even taking the hand gently in his own. The smallest head bow, offering Dominic a small kiss on the top of his hand as his way of greeting him with the utmost respect.

Samuel never really understood handshakes--he found them awkward and lacking the show of respect the hand-kiss often gave.

"Dominic, it is so very good to meet you, can I offer you something to drink?" Stepping backward into the smaller house to allow them access to get comfortable in his living room.
That was Sam he knew. Gentle, tactful, showing respect to his human guest. Jaime felt the anxiety melting away completely, as he trusted both Dom and his sire.

He smiled happily seeing their little interaction and went inside, looking around the cozy surroundings. It almost felt like home, huh...
His handshake was turned into one of those hand kiss things and Dom wasn't really sure how to feel about that. Was he supposed to do the same?? Was it like cheek kisses in Europe?

Maybe he would just ignore it and take his hand back. Jaime didn't say a word. He seemed pretty relaxed, honestly.

So Dom put his hand back in his pocket and wandered inside, taking in the decor.

"I'm okay just now; thank you though," he said with a soft little smile, polite.
It was hard to miss the confusion scrawling on just the edges of Dominic's face. How long had Jaime had this one and he still didn't understand etiquette? No matter, Samuel found it amusing, although his face remained calculated and wouldn't reveal this. Jaime, however, might've noticed it from the faintest way the right side of his lip twitched.

The ancient vampire nodded when the human refused a beverage and his eyes slid to Jaime as if quietly asking if he'd like a glass of blood before he moved to find a seat. Allowing the two lovebirds to mingle on the couch, Samuel opted for the chair beside them, crossing his legs and giving them a rather 'fatherly' look.

"So, I haven't had the pleasure of hearing how you two met." Eyebrows raising wondering what that entertaining tale might've been.
Ahhh, Jaime didn't wanted to embarrass poor Dominic here, as their first meeting was certainly... interesting. But either way, the old man spoke the truth!

"I found him on the internet and seen that he had a lot of good intentions. Trying to keep people safe." He said with a gentle smile. "But he needed some help, so I provided..."
The couple on the couch, Jaime's sire across from them like this was some kind of interview, and the first question was typical but not the best one to answer.

Dom hadn't really been in s good place then, but Jaime was charitable.

"I was a total dumbass and Jaime made me less of a dumbass," he said bluntly, squeezing his lover's hand.
Legs crossed, facing the two lovebirds, he had one elbow propped up on the arm of the chair, running his hand over his chin, rubbing it idly. Samuel had never really grown old enough to be able to grow a beard aside from a few childish stray hairs, but it didn't really stop him from rubbing his chin as if he had one.

He hummed at their explanation, then nodded, only his eyebrows slightly tipped upward, his only reveal that he found this a bit too funny and he wanted to know more. Samuel was heavily refraining from making a rather blunt joke and it poked around on the tip of his tongue... he wondered if Jaime would recognize that look--maybe even guess the comment.

"Jaime often has that effect on people." He answered bluntly to Dominic, Jaime tended to leave things better than how he had found them. Healer hands, or however that trait was best to describe. His eyes flicked to Jaime, "and in what way did you provide?"

Say it, Jaime, set Samuel up for a good laugh.
Wow. Really now?

Jaime made the very familiar face, he always made that face when Samuel teased him about something. But his voice had a hint of sarcasm.

"I took him out for waffles, sir."
...uh.
He shifted his hand from rubbing his chin, to tucking it just under it so he could rest his head, still challenging Jaime with some playful eye contact. No doubt making Dominic uncomfortable, but not really enough to keep Samuel from continuing with his blunt, usual self.

Ah, Jaime truly was the best, answering bluntly right back and again, Samuel only slightly hinted his amusement, holding back a small snorted laugh.

"You took him out for waffles..." He challenged, green eyes traveled over to the poor human and softened his 'fatherly' gaze. "Seems like a wonderful way to meet people."
"And over waffles we had a talk about repellents for supernatural folks." Jaime now shrugged. That was literally how they met.
Dom was kinda feeling like a third wheel here but this visit wasn't really for him. It was for Jaime, right? So he was gonna just make the best of things.

"I know a lot better about that now than I did then. Believed the garlic shit for way longer than I shoulda." He was smiling bashfully at his own ridiculousness.
Samuel had the ever-persisting personality trait of being blunt, but not for cruelness or for teasing. He nodded slightly when Jaime spoke, not disbelieving him for a moment, they truly had met over human food, probably at some small human place. About to speak, but Dominic chimed in with more and his rather innocent, extremely naive comment drew a rather genuine smile from Samuel.

Never fear, Dominic, he wouldn't openly tease a stranger for believing such a silly thing.

"It's an understandable misconception about vampires..." Offering a nod, directing his attention more toward the human, he already knew everything about Jaime, but this human was 'new' and they both knew Samuel was inclined to entertain.

"Do you work?"
"I'd joke that garlic only works if you plan to cook one." Jaime hummed and shook his head. "But you'd probably get just garlic-flavoured ashes if you tried."

Tragic.
Garlic ash would probably make an interesting alternative to salt.

He didn't voice that opinion, asked if he worked.

Uh.

"I mostly do like... commissions. I crochet, make blankets, hats, scarves, sweaters, that kind of thing."

An artist whose alter ego didn't leave him a huge amount of time to look for anything else, but it got him by.
Eyes reacted to Jaime's joke, it was good, but only the corners of his lips gave any indication that Samuel found it hilarious. His facial expressions tended to underwhelm his true emotions, but there was safety in not readily making your weaknesses accessibly.

Jaime, however, knew Samuel was laughing.

So the kid worked with his hands, an honest work, truly a valued member of society for at least his original time period. He assumed that still related today, everyone needed intricately woven items? Samuel nodded as if his approval was ever needed (it wasn't).

"An artist? An artist so concerned with supernatural things to the extent of meeting with Jaime?" He read into it, smelling the fish a mile away, formulating possible theories, but he'd allow the two an option to slide past it. "How fascinating."
Jaime leaned back, wrapped an arm around Dominic rather lovingly. He understood Samuel's curiosity, though...

"Both of us are passionate about protecting people, it was only natural..."
The psychic nodded his head in agreement, leaning into his boyfriend as that arm snaked around him. He was being looked at by this Samuel guy as something of a curiosity and uh. He wasn't sure he liked it much, but he just had to keep reminding himself that he was here for Jaime. "I mean, yeah. I have other interests outside of art, so..."
Samuel's very brief 'interrogation' softened when Jaime opted to put a loving arm around Dominic. Too many things to consider and to remember, but for now, he didn't dwell: Samuel was entertaining guests not lamenting about what they once were. Truth be told, Samuel was happy Jaime had found someone, even more, he was happy it was someone who didn't seem so cynical or cold.

"I would expect nothing less," He spoke gently, offering a softer smile to tug at his lips. "I am glad you both share a noble hobby."

Sam was proud.
Jaime noticed that smile and he returned a slightly wider one.

"What are you up to, Sam?" he hummed. "Gotta say, you have a pretty little nest here."
Share a hobby. That was sure one way to put it. Dom wasn't sure it was a hobby so much as a passion. Maybe a vocation on his end.

They were moving into their host now though and that allowed the psychic to relax a bit.

"Yeah, it's real cute," he said, positive about the little space!
The hand resting under his chin fell away, and he just sort of sat there for a moment.

Why was he still here? What was he up to?

"Hmm, learning this area you’ve decided to reside in as absorbed some of my time." There was more to be said there, things that were more personally related to Jaime, but he wouldn’t bring them up. It would be awkward for the human, and he knew the poor thing was squirming around enough as it was. This was a social visit, not a therapy session.

However, Sam had the unfortunate personality trait to be rather uncompromisingly forthright, so there was a bit of tongue biting going on.
"Mm, you should definitely visit the caves. I've studied glow worms there." Jaime said with warm smile. Forever a nerd... "Gets rather pretty in there at night..."
Samuel wanted to ask Jaime to guide him, but again, he bit his tongue.

"It will be added to my list of affairs to get to while I'm here."
"The botanical garden in Lauderhill is also very nice..." Jaime just leaned back, completely relaxed. Arm just snaked around Dominic. "I think you'll like it here, Sam. Especially around Halloween."
His eyes didn't even move when Jaime's arm relaxed around his new lover. It was hardly jealousy, but there were unspoken emotions rattling around behind Samuel's eyes, something they both would have to talk about eventually.

Politely he blinked.

"I have ventured into some of the gardens already, you are correct, it is quite a fantastic affair."
"We should go there together." Jaime offered with a soft smile.

And it would be a good place to talk feelings without making Dom feel awkward.
Dom didn't really have much to do here but smile and nod at the suggestion for these two visiting the botanical gardens together, and lean into the one-armed embrace offered to him. They'd been close in the past, Dominic knew that, and he wasn't trying to get into the middle of that old relationship, whatever it was now.
Samuel picked up the hint and gave Jaime a nod. It was true, they needed to speak in private about everything, and Dom hardly deserved to suffer through a conversation as old as that. Even though Samuel liked to be the tiniest bit of a trickster, manners always came first to him.

"I understand, Dominic, you must forgive me for boring you to death, I often forget how valuable your time is."
Jaime hoped that Dom haven't taken in the wrong way.

"I'm pretty sure he'd let us know if he was bored." He hummed.
Would Dominic dare to complain of boredom around two vampires?

Yeah, probably, but this wasn't really a situation in which he could throw a fit about being left out. He was here meeting Jaime's vampire dad. Or his ex? Vampire relationships were wild.

"I'm good," he said with a shrug. "You two probably have a lot of catching up to do, I get it. It's nice you're able to like. Reconnect like this."
He'd let them know if he was bored. How bold.

Samuel smiled, squinting a little because he just found that comment interesting.

A nod.

"Yes, yes, it has been a while, what year would you say?" Samuel did not give any facial hints this time either meaning he truly couldn't remember how long it had been, or he was joking again.
Oh... Damn...

"1492, I believe..." Jaime said quietly, trying to make calculations in his head.

God... Sam has been inprisoned for so long and it made the old man's heart ache.
Dominic presented stupid because he was stupid, but he wasn't that stupid.

He'd known it had been a matter of centuries, and that his comment was a vast understatement.

Maybe Samuel didn't mean it. Probably he didn't. He guessed some older vampires were just Like That, thinking of regular-ass humans like himself as silly creatures on the same level of intelligence as a pet rat, but it still made him feel pretty damn stupid to hear exactly how long it had been.

"Wow."

It was all he could say, sorrowful for them, but what did he have to add to this conversation?

It didn't matter what Samuel thought of him, really. But it was still feeling like he brought nothing of worth to show for this relationship.
Without revealing himself, his eyes dipped upward as if recalling the year himself. Letting out a small 'hmm', before he slowly nodded, and then looked back.

"Yeah, I think that's correct." Scratching his chin again, "more than a few years, huh?" His facial expression were dead serious, but he was making a joke, or at least trying to. He held no ill feelings for his years in captivity, and things typically did not bother the old man anyways.
Perhaps Sam was unbothered, but Jaime seemed to be at least a little bothered. He didn't laugh, his head hung a little and he just let out a slightly tired...

"Yeah..."
Jaime bled with guilt, or some type of heaviness that only one who had been Sam's second could have. Samuel's greenish hues slid over to Jaime, blinking with what could appear to be a blank stare, but his brows were relaxed, Samuel was sympathetic to his woes.

If you could reach out and draw out the sorrow from Jaime like an unwanted flyaway thread on some old sweater, he would, but healing powers did not work that way. Tangible damage was the only thing he could remove.

In an effort to ease Jaime's sorrows, he tried to lighten his tone, "Then perhaps two nights at the garden are required, depending on how fast we can talk." Making a small joke.

It would never heal the damage, but what could Samuel expect.
Jaime's eyes were welled with tears now. But that little joke made him smile. Laugh a little even.

He wiped away the tears and just nodded.

"Perhaps, yes..."
Dominic really couldn't do much but give Jaime a little squeeze, his arm loosely wrapped around his boyfriend's back. Was it really appropriate for him to speak much here?

It didn't feel like it. Why was he here?

He wasn't some ancient vampire, he wasn't full of centuries of wisdom, he couldn't fathom so many years of agony, he wasn't really much to look at, and he was just some dude who had a lot still to learn.

"Maybe three. It takes a while to really like... appreciate the gardens and everything in them."

Cool, who asked you, Dominic?
Jaime's eyes watered in that familiar way that Samuel almost rose from his seated position and moved to console his little vampire.

That was hardly his right, visible clearly by how Dominic moved to wrap an arm around the man. Good, Jaime deserved to have his tears wiped away with a gentle, loving motion. Surely Samuel could do nothing more but watch.

If Samuel had a working heart, it would be breaking right now, watching a familiar scene, but this time from the outside.

He wasn't even allowed to console his dear friend, and so he watched, perhaps he had made a mistake by coming here.
Jaime leaned into Dom's touch but he also reached out to hold Sam's hand. Poor old man just needed a moment to ravel back whatever emotions unraveled from him.

Despite all the pain and everything... he was among people who loved him.

"Oh, what would I do without you two..." He even managed a chuckle.
Was there really anything stopping the other vampire from joining the hug? Dominic wouldn't block it. Did he know exactly how important this other man had been to him what kind of relationship they'd shared? Maybe not exactly, but he wasn't unaware and he wasn't feeling too much threatened.

He shouldn't be feeling any threatened, but he was dumb with a dumb caveman brain. At least he was self aware enough to realise that.
Samuel's eyes flickered down when Jaime reached for his hand. Instinctively, despite their centuries apart, he found himself tilting his wrist to hold it back. How could he say no to Jaime? A man he would readily walk back into imprisonment for; the last man he'd ever sire.

He knew Jaime was seeking further affection, he doubted Dominic would fuss, but he felt painfully frozen in place.

How do you re-insert yourself into someone's life like this after so much time apart?
Jaime saw that subtle movement. It was clear that Sam wanted to join, but something was holding him back.

So the old man took Sam's hand and gently pulled him into the cuddle pile. And it felt good...