The Talk
It would take him a few minutes to get dressed and ready, but he'd make it. Shoes squeaking awkwardly in the otherwise quite salon as he made his way up towards the second level, trying to ignore the feeling that he didn't belong here.

There was just something so strange about being in a building after it'd closed.

Still, as he made his way up the steps, the awkwardness would dissipate some as the cat recognized the scent of its leader, roo's and snuffs echoing in the back of his mind as he finally pulled himself into the room.

"Hey Frank."
This wasn’t the first or last time Frank would find himself in the salon at odd hours. With the house being on the smaller side and the cheetahs at times needing a place to use, the jaguar’s space was put to good use.

Making himself at home, the coffee machine dripped to life, the sound of steps above that making it known that Andy was coming. Turning around from the mugs he’d just placed down on the counter, Frank shot a smile over at the hello. The jaguar in turn offered big roos of welcome, wanting to push into black fur.

”Hey, Andy. I’m making some coffee, want some?”
Forcing a smile, Andy would offer a nod as he moved to stand beside one of the arms of a chair, hands sliding against the legs of his pants.

"Yeah, thanks." He'd answer aloud, "and thanks for coming to meet me too. I know it was sorta short notice."
At the agreement, he turned back to begin pouring into the two cups, the noise of liquid hitting the edges filling the room.

”Of course, it’s no problem. That’s what I’m here for.” Frank looked over to him as he finished up.

Putting up the carafe, he went to open the fridge. ”Milk? Creamer?”
"Creamers good."

An answer that was followed by a bit of silence, Andy unsure on how to lead the conversation here. There was just too much to unpack, and too many question that popped up every time he thought back to the news that had been shared.
He nodded before turning back to the lit space and grabbing the creamer out. With the fridge closing being him, he made to fix both their coffees.

Soon, Frank was heading over Andy’s mug, taking the lead here. ”Do you want to sit down and start from the top with me?” If not, he was more than alright with beginning as well.
Sitting down was easy, body flopping into the nearest chair as his hands circled around the mug of coffee he'd been given.

It was starting from the 'top' that had Andy a bit stumped, another moment of silence filling that air as he searched for the words to start everything off.

"I guess..." He began, trailing off into another bout of silence. "I guess I'm just not sure what I want to do, and like, while I know you can't really tell me what to do. I think talking the options out might help me decide... Maybe?"

Who knew anything anymore.
Frank waited patiently, setting himself into his own chair and taking a cursory sip of the coffee before deeming it too hot for now before setting it down.

There were a lot of ways to begin the conversation anew and this was a good start. He nodded as Andy went, thinking along the lines set forth. ”Of course, I think that’s a great idea,” Frank reassured, leaving room for Andy to continue.
A great idea...

Okay...

"Uh-" another pause, a fidgeting of fingers on the mug. "I guess the first option would be I turn back, and then I don't have the cat anymore." He finally began, "I get to live a normal-ish life, but still hold all this supernatural knowledge so not exactly fully normal." A scrunch of his brows as his fingers clasped tighter around the mug.

"But I wouldn't have to worry about shifting at least. I wouldn't have to like, work around the moon, or avoid family when things got stressful. I could do normal human things?"
There wasn’t any pressure here and Frank didn’t want to press and spook Andy away from mentioning anything at all. Andy had the floor and he was more than willing to keep him attentive company until the words came.

The first option was laid out in an easy way and he nodded, face moving to concentrate and think through it with him.

Without the cat, there was the ability to do a lot more and never mind his own hating the idea to its very core. Frank gave himself a moment to make sure he was speaking, not the cat influencing a word. ”That’s all very true. It would be nice to see you have all that back,” he agreed warmly, letting it sit as it was thought about.

But, there were always two sides of a coin, even with both options, and they’d only started on the first.

”It’s also worth keeping in mind that with this option you’d have to be super careful around any were friends you have or not spend time with them at all if it’s not safe.” Not to detract from what sounded like a dream if it had been placed into his lap years prior. ”And you wouldn’t be able to protect yourself the same way, I wouldn’t have any magic to help you with either.”
That was true...

Would leaving his Were life behind mean leaving behind all the Were friends that he had made? Would he have to get a different job outside of the one he held with Asha? Would Asha even want him around if he just got rid of one of the things connecting them?

He didn't think she was that type of person, nor did he think the same of Frank but... Blair.

There would be risk in continuing to see her. Their friendship would definitely shift and change. He wasn't sure that they'd be able to get past a change like that, not when his feelings were already so fragile. Did he want to risk losing that?

"I- didn't really think of that part." He answered, blinking towards Frank. "I guess I wouldn't really belong with you guys anymore..."
A sad smile took place as Andy let that settle in. Though, the punch that came with saying he didn’t belong hurt. Frank had always assumed the young man would stay close or at least in contact as the years went on, but how much of that would become filtered when they looked at each other from the other side of a mirror?

”Not in the same way,” he confirmed with a soft sigh. Even with being theoretically close to his cat, Frank would be handling Andy like he was made of delicate glass if turned back. And the others? Vidya would most likely be alright, but Blair was a concern. And even if they all had their shit together, there would always be an undercurrent of worry. The relationship they had now would definitely not be the same.
In most ways.

Really the only reason that Andy and Frank were talking now was because of the cats that they both held. They were friends now, yes, but outside of the cat and the prowl, there weren't a ton of things that the two of them had in common. If Andy were to get rid of it... Then what reason would Frank have to hang around a kid like him?

Frank had a career, a fiancé, and all Andy had was some shitty apartment and a decent enough job.

A job that he'd honestly gotten because of the cat.

It seemed that as much crap the cat gave him, it had benefited him in some ways. Gave him quite a few good friends when he hadn't had any before.

"I'd probably end up losing all of the friends I've gained." He answered aloud, a sigh pulling from his lungs as his head fell into his hands. "I think I'd hate that more than keeping the cat around."
That was very true for as much as Frank wished it wasn’t, there would be a line drawn and Andy on the opposite side. It made for keeping close, hard and at times, necessary.

His heart panged with the display, wanting Andy to be happy no matter the decision. Frank leaned over, reaching a hand to a wrist as it was closer than a shoulder, the cat bumping heads with the other. ”Yeah, I understand that and feel the same way.” A whole life built for yourself only to suddenly start from scratch was huge.
There would be a mental image of a black cat pouncing towards another, tail flicking playfully as excitement shook its entire body.

A stark contrast to the feelings that Andy was currently working through.

Distracting, but not enough to derail him from the current conversation. Not this one at least.

"It's just hard, ya know? Constantly lying to family. Always feeling like I have to hide myself away from anyone not like us. Fearing that I might shift at any inconvenience that occurs." Head lifting from his hands as he looked back to Frank.

"I want to handle it like you, Blair and Vidya, like Asha and Abraham but I just cant. I just constantly feel like im at war with myself, with this animal, and no matter how hard I try to relate. I just-" He just couldn't.
It was interesting to note the discrepancies in Andy’s cat to the mood currently holding this room in its grasp. In fact, considering his words it very much gave more color to the picture painted.

Frank did know. Lying to family was hard. Hiding from everyone and the fear clinging to you at all times was exhausting. He nodded as Andy looked towards him, hearing him.

Andy wanted to handle it like the other jaguars he knew and that also, Frank could follow easily. He understood probably more than Andy realized, but Frank didn’t want to come off as discounted the young man’s experience. Everyone’s was different, but there were similarities still and he was in a capacity to offer a seasoned ear.

”Did I ever tell you about the time I almost tore up a prowl member when I was where you are back when Asha and Abraham were leaders?”
He wasn't sure how he expected Frank to respond, but this certainly wasn't it. Head snapping up in obvious surprise as the coffee leaked over the side of his mug with sudden movement.

Hissing in pain, Andy's face would scrunch up as he barely managed to keep the coffee within his grip.

"I uh-" A quick shake of his head to clear his thoughts. "No?"

In fact, he could barely imagine it at all. The whole time that Andy had known him, he'd always seemed to calm. So in control, and neither Asha or Abraham had ever mentioned anything...

"Really?"
Concern flashed over his face at the pained noises from Andy. Leaning over to where a few napkins were left scattered, he’d offer one over as the guy tried to recover.

No, Frank didn’t think so.

”Yeah, I had a really hard time of it all like I’d said. The cat and I basically hated each other’s guts. Sometimes we still do, but y’know.” Such was were life. ”I didn’t have a lot of control and any type of feeling was enhanced to the point I simply reacted and dealt with consequences afterwards.” Doomed to live forever as a monster that wrangled itself out of his skin anytime he so much as got upset.

”And well, we had a younger member just as experienced if I’m remembering right. She wanted to hang out for whatever reason.”Frank didn’t exactly recall specifics besides the worst part. ”She duped me, lied about something or whatever and then suddenly lost control and shifted. The whole thing set my cat off and Abraham had to track us down and stop me from hurting her more than I had, from ripping into her throat. She got me back good in the process at least.” A hand motioned over his face in mock of the wound that had been for years gone. ”But, it was terrifying not being able to have full control over that.” Thinking back, hadn’t that been one of his first, if not the first, shift he’d remembered?
If there was one thing he could be grateful for when it came to the cat, it was that he had never been pushed to attack anyone... Yet.

To hear that Frank had in the beginning was more than shocking, it was almost unbelievable and a part of him did wonder if he had just made this story up in an attempt to cheer him up. An attempt to persuade him to say cat instead of going back human.

But this was Frank, and Andy had known Frank for quite a few years now and he could pretty confidently say that Frank wasn't that type of guy.

"Guess I've been lucky so far then," he'd eventually answer with a forced smile. "Haven't attacked anyone as far as I'm aware, just've eaten a lot of raw meat at Ashas."

Please don't tell her.
Frank shot a weighted small smile at Andy’s words.

”My point is, I think you might be too hard on yourself. You aren’t Blair, or me, or Abraham, or Asha. You’re Andy and you’re going to do things and face unique problems that are unique to you and that jaguar that’s prowling around your head.”

He remembered everyone telling him how something was meant to be done, ow something might help, and how it was frustrating when it didn’t end up like that for him. Even now, being told he was supposed to be one with his jaguar wasn’t his experience at all. Sure they agreed on most things nowadays, but there was still a line. The relationship between a jaguar and its person was wholly unique from what he had come to understand.

”And I know it sucks a whole lot and it can be terrifying sometimes, but you’re doing really good from what I’ve seen.” In fact, in a lot of ways Andy was excelling where he’d personally struggled so much.
And maybe that was the problem.

He was just Andy, and Andy had never accomplished anything great. He wasn't as strong-willed as his brother, and he was far from being as smart as his sister. If it had been one of them in the hospital that night he imagined that they would be taking to this whole Were life a lot better. He imagined that the leader that had changed him would have offered to keep them within his prowl.

But when the leader had seen Andy, when he noticed the mistake that he had made, he hadn't even bothered to offer. He'd just given a rundown of things and left. He'd seen what a waste Andy would be as a Were. Saw that he wasn't going to accomplish anything great with the power that had been forced upon him.

Andy was just Andy.

And as much as he hated that, as much as he loathed how weak he was, Frank was fine with it. Asha was fine with it, and most importantly Blair was fine with it, and wasn't that all that mattered? He didn't have to love himself if others did it for him. Right?

"Thanks Frank," he finally answered after a moment of silence. "I think I finally decided what I want to do." Another small pause as his fingers tapped against the mug. "I won't go back to human."

He'd stay a Were, because if he were to turn human again, he feared that all of this love would leave along with the cat.
There seemed to be a lot of thought needed and Frank waited patiently, concerned, hoping something had stuck and hit a few notes the right way. If Andy could only see himself as they did, but that was always the kicker wasn’t it? You never could see yourself outside of your head.

He’d finally decided and Frank readied himself for whatever that may be. No matter what, he’d be supportive as always, but his reach would have to vary. Where they landed though had a puff of relief weave itself through where he’d wondered if keeping Andy at a distance was the future.

”Okay,” Frank followed up and a smile situated itself. ”I think that sounds good.”