Yellow Pages It's been a while

During this.

Cat quickly pulled up Kheira's contact info and fired off a text.

Hey Kheira! It's been a while. Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing.
Also I met someone else who has your ability, and I thought I'd let you know in case you were interested in meeting them!
Cat
It was a gut punch, really. To stare at a text from a psychic as she crammed enough saltines in her gullet to pretend she was filling the hungry void.

She could do this. The whole pretend to be polite and then drift off the face of the earth. A thing that had sorta become her specialty.

Hey, I'm doing good! Super exciting that you met somebody else like me. smile Feel free to send their number my way or vice versa.

Maybe she could just...leave it there.
Oh that was good to hear! Cat would definitely send Ruby’s number.

Here you go: [Ruby’s number]
Glad to hear you’re well. Let me know if you want to meet up sometime blush
Cat
That was a nice wrap up.

Save for the fact that she had the wretched twist of anxiety guts. Cat had been so very nice. Cat had seemed like someone that maybe...Kheira could have poorly attempted to be friends with. Instead Kheira was now some type of beast and she would sooner eat her own self before she did to anyone what the wolf had done to her.

heart

Her parting gift, the nicest she had maybe ever been before ghosting once more.
Cat had no reason to believe that was the last she'd hear from Kheira, so she merely smiled and hoped the other woman would take her up on her offer to hang out sometime. Maybe they could practice their powers again with more success?

She was glad she could put Ruby and Kheira in touch, however. Hopefully, Kheira would reach out.