The Terrace Date Day

Outfit

Today was the day, after life had made getting together a little tricky, they'd finally been able to settle on a time and spot to meet up for their date. To say she was nervous was an understatement really. She must have changed her outfit ten different times because she wasn't a hundred percent sure.

Now, she did have Asha's warning running around in her head, to be careful and also knowing that there was more than one way to infect someone than a bite or scratch. Her hand went to the spot where she'd been bitten, the only scar she had, so knowing that there were other ways made her nervous too.

Snapping out of it, she went to the terrace, a safe place but also a place with food and drinks to enjoy, and would find a spot to sit and wait for Katherine. She fiddled with her phone, putting her otter buddies on speed dial just in case something happened.
Katherine took great care getting ready for her date, especially as this would be the first date she will have gone on in a while. As much of a flirt as she could be on occasion, relationships were a lot more dangerous for her. This was the first one that she had committed to in a while, and that made her nervous. That being said, she was also relentlessly excited for this. Thus, she put on one of her best looking outfits, a black leather jacket, a red form fitting top that did the best to accentuate her features and a pair of black slacks.

Katherine arrived a couple minutes early, slight bags under her eyes from a long night at work, but nothing out of the usual for her. She made sure to grab her present before stepping out of her car. She quickly spotted ZhiLan on the terrace. Katherine quickly made her way over to the girl, "Well, hello there."
ZhiLan didn't have a chance to even sit really when a familiar voice caught her attention and made her smile as she turned. If she didn't stop her, she'd go in and give her a bit of a too strong for a normal human, hug. "Hello! It's good to see you again; you look pretty! " she complimented her with a big smile.

Oh how her heart was thumping wildly in her chest. She was already nervous to the point where miss Squishy was pacing and growing antsy. ZhiLan needed to calm down but it was a date, a first date, and she couldn't figure out how to calm down just yet.

"How are you? "
Katherine sported a massive smile as she got ZhiLan's attention. She developed a slight blush at the compliment, before replying, "And you are quite scrumptious as well." Katherine quickly sat in a chair next to ZhiLan, "I've been doing quite well, thing have been quite recently."
Blushing at that as she wiggled a little in her seat, "Is it a good quiet or bad quiet? " she asked her curiously as she rested her hands in her lap. Gosh she felt so nervous. Would this work? Would it be ok? Maybe this was a bad idea. Too many worries running through her otter brain that wasn't just about fish.
Katherine still very much loved the way that she managed to get under ZhiLan's skin, at just the slightest little comment. It was the most enjoyable game that the pair of them played, or at least she played with the little otter across from her. "Good quiet from what I can tell. Nothing terrible has happened at the very least, business is just.... the usual."
Smiled at that, "Work for me is same...the aquarium is quiet, no craziness but new fish are expected to come, some puffers! " she told her excitedly, "And I am learning how to do mermaid makeup, it's fun, " she said with a bit of a shy laugh to that. It seemed silly but it was something important to her that she do well on!
Katherine just smiled as she listened to ZhiLan talk about the things that have been going on in her life. Katherine eminently enjoyed listening to ZhiLan be excited about her life. "Well, I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you."
ZhiLan smiled, nodding, "I love it. I enjoy work more now then I did before, " she told her with a happy smile. Then though, a wonder was still on her mind, "So...you really are ok with me...not being human? That I can turn into something else? " she asked, her voice a bit soft so others didn't accidentally over hear.