Alder Heights I came to kick bubblegum and chew ass
It didn't take Lyn like. A really long time to get to the hacker's place. Longer than he would have liked because Google Maps is fucking stupid, but not hours like was projected by the stupid fucking app.

Finding himself at the dude's door with a few fake sweet smiles at people, he knocked the door like he was trying to punch his way through it, which probably didn't sound all that loud because Lyn was kind of a noodle.

"Hey, vampire fucker, open the door!"
Before Hiro answered the door, the first to answer was a Japanese curse word. Then the hacker himself cracked the door open.

"Are you fucking goofy?" Hiro grumbled. It could have been interpreted in many ways...
Well it got him to open the door. Good. Lyn was parentally mad. 'You're grounded, mister' mad.

"No, I'm calling you out," he said, deliberately misinterpreting the accusation, and then refusing to address that he had. " And unless you want me to yell about vampires so your neighbours can get, open the door properly and let me in!"
"If you came here to just yell at me, kindly fuck off, please." Hiro said, getting himself ready to just slam the door shut. He wasn't dealing with this shit, not in this mood.
Lyn made an attempt to prevent the door from closing, a hand splayed out across it, his foot just poking across the threshold. "I came to figure out what's going on with you and to get the info you promised," he hissed.
"I told you to give me a day." Hiro felt getting angry. A bit too angry, given his already emotional state. "And there's nothing going on with me, now LEAVE."

Again, Hiro haven't even noticed the sudden change of his eye color and the gust of wind strong enough kind of... blew his new colleague (?) off the doorframe.

The psychic was stunned for a moment with what happened and looked at Lyn wide-eyed and confused. Not sure if it was his doing or not, once again.

"Shit... I... sorry..."

WOOSHHH

Not just off the doorframe. Off his feet, stumbling until he fell into the wall behind him. Okay, be mad, but that was fucking rude.

A golden shimmer flashed into the medium's eyes and he shivered. But he already knew the dude was psychic, so that didn't help much.

"The fuck, dude? You could have really hurt someone."
"It's... it's new, I don't... I don't really control it well..." Hiro whispered, ashamed and rushed to help Lyn up. "I... I'm sorry. Are you okay...?"
Instinctively, Lyn touched a hand to the back of his head. It didn't feel rattled and it didn't feel wet, so that was a relief, at least. He allowed the hacker to help him up, looking sour about it regardless.

"Weather? Air?" What else was there, really, that could do something like that? "Telekinesis?"
"Air, I think... Again, sorry... Come in, I'll get you some water."

The other psychic seemed to be so rattled about what happened, he forgot he was mad.
Whatever just happened, it got Lyn inside, so he couldn't be too mad about it. What water was going to do for him, he didn't know, but for the moment he let the hacker fuss.

"When did this start?"
"The wind thing? Iunno, about a month or two ago... I didn't really had time to properly research it." He said as he wandered off to the kitchen. "...or would you prefer something warm, perhaps? Tea...?"

A robot dog wandered in from another room. It was Shogoki, just deciding to explore around. But soon he was joined by another Aibo, definitely the newest design. It recognized Lyn and let out a bark.
A month. Wow, yeah; that really was no time at all to get used to a power. The hacker didn't seem to want to discuss it, more concerned with getting Lyn a drink. Two robot dogs wandered in the way robot dogs do shuffling stiffly and looking kind of dead and creepy. One barked at him. Weird. "Whatever's fine," he insisted, frowning at the manufactured fidos.
"Tea it is then..." He flicked the kettle on and picked Shogoki up so he wouldn't go around slipping on the floor. "Sorry for the puppies, the newer one recognized a new voice and wanted to check it out..."

The newer Aibo approached Lyn, wagging it's tail and barked again, wanting to play.
Puppies.

Okay sure.

Lyn wasn't really sure how to play with robot puppies. He never had even one of the cheaper robot toys when he was younger. Maybe he was a boring kid in that respect.

" What do you do with these?" He had no doubt this guy had modified them in some way. Wouldn't be surprised if they recorded stuff.
"Shogoki has a custom list of commands that I've made. I've also recently replaced his leg as it got a bad case of jitters." Hiro said as he bounced a bit the older robot. It didn't seemed to understand it was lifted up and tried to do a dance routine, so the programmer put him back on the ground.

He looked down at the newer Aibo that still tried to get Lyn's attention. Got sad when it didn't got any.
"As for Nigoki, he... ehh, I had to make a whole slew of modifications to him, which wasn't easy without source code. Removed the cloud capability, put an SSD in to store data instead. Made him independent from Sony's whims, basically."

He shook his head in slight anger.

"I'm a patient man, but when you put microtransactions on top of a subscription service to my dog, I get a bit irritated, you know."
Okay, not really what he'd asked, but it was an answer nonetheless.

Also not important because he was here to ask about the vampire shenanigans. And for the info he was promised.

He continued to ignore the Aibo vying for his attention, raising an eyebrow at the hacker's microtransaction rant. Sure, he could agree with the sentiment... sorta. This whole situation was flat out weird.

"Right. So do you wanna tell me about these vampires?" Might as well just get to the point.
The hacker slowly scratched the back of his neck, wincing slightly. Yeah, about that...

"Like I said, one ghosted me for no reason after things going rather well... We even had a date. I was wary, but... that date was rather nice. Took me to the restaurant despite the fact he can't even eat food." Hiro mumbled out, slowly, clearly not wanting to talk about that much. He had a big crush on Renji and this one hurt. "And then, just like that... poof. I'd rather think he just fled instead of..."

Instead of being ashed. Given how territorial his other vampire friend turned out to be, this... this could have been a possibility. Hiro froze, biting his lower lip. Was he being an asshole, whining about his broken heart while the other could have been dead? Well, deader than dead.

"Well, you know..."
He didn't know but he could guess. From what he knew, vamps were pretty territorial. He'd even known of a vampire who treated people as his territory and used them as bargaining chips and shields. He had to imagine there were a lot more vampires like that out there, using people like toys and tossing them when they broke.

Hiro was lucky that both vampires had lost interest.

"You were gonna do yourself some real damage, dude, " he sighed, seeing that worried look. " Feeding two vampires at once spells anaemia at best, death at worst."
"Wasn't really feeding them that often, honestly... I'd refuse if it was more than once a month." Hiro said, just letting his head rest on his arm. "It always feels like... you know, better me than someone else. Someone who might freak out, get hurt and..."

Sigh...
There were so many problems with this that Lyn didn't know where to start, glaring in irritable confusion at his fellow psychic.

" Dude, if they looked you in the eye even once, you have no idea if they messed with your head or not. You don't know how often they're feeding on you. You don't know what kind of messed up shit they can do to you. "
"I know... perhaps I just don't care." Hiro sighed and shook his head. "Anyway, I got your data, hang on..."

He wanted to end this conversation, so he went to grab the papers from the printer.

"I've censored the details of the victims, out of respect for them, this is where all the money went. The rest is up to you... Just don't rat me out, what I did was illegal."
Okay so this guy needed a therapist like yesterday. Or else he was just an edgy goth motherfucker, one of the two. But you know the saying. Takes a poorly adjusted deeply depressed loser to know one.

"Do I look like a fucking rat?" he snapped, taking the papers offered him with a swipe that was probably unnecessary. Guy made him feel conflicted. He should smack some sense into this idiot, then drop him off outside a psych clinic. "I'm forwarding you a number. I want to to call it. Stay in touch, Hiro."
"Nah, you look more like a possum..." In a way, that was like a weird, fucked up rat, right? Hiro just sighed and tried to relax. "Yeah, sure... okay."
There was really nothing else to say here. Couldn't force someone to care about themselves. Couldn't shake them out of a funk. He'd have to just forward the number and keep checking in.

" Take care of yourself, man," he said firmly, then made to let himself out.
"You too... Take care."

Hiro locked the door behind Lyn and went back to bed. Good riddance...