Galloway’s Park Remnants of John

outfit when you gotta know what cloths incase Hei shifts :')

There was a build up of energy inside her body. It wasn't the sort of energy burst that would lead to house cleaning, or the adrenaline of prepping for a surgery. Not even the energy at the tip of a full moon night. This kind felt like a weight, a tremor in her fingers even as they sat clasped in her lap. A energy that had her biting her lip and staring out of Ingrid's car window into the dark sky.

Hei was worried, scared even, about what the night would bring. Even though she had been the one to reach out to both Ingrid and Tempest about the meeting. What if she shifted? What if she hurt them? Perhaps even more then that was the gradual fear of knowing she would remember that night, and fearing them the memories came unbidden to the surface. She did not want to think about John's betrayal. Nor about the bite that might have infected him.

Was he out there somewhere, a lion she had turned? Would he be able to control himself, would he hurt others? As much as they had been almost strangers he was and always would be her brother.

Enveloped in her thoughts she sat quietly in the passenger seat as Galloway park drew nearer.
Hei was silent for the duration of the drive, and so was Ingrid. She could not pretend to know what was going on in the other woman's head, though she could sense her unease, her stiff tension. Could figure well enough that she wasn't exactly keen on meeting the vampire - the purpose of it all was unpleasant, anyway. Ingrid wasn't exactly thrilled, either, still - it was easily a scenario of hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

It wasn't long before the park was unfolding before them, and Ingrid tucked the car into a parking spot, sitting very still for a moment afterwards. Thinking. Planning. Securing her guard for the worst case scenario: a vampire that was not so trustworthy after all, a lioness shifting from sheer stress in public.

"Hei," she would say, finally, glancing to her passenger, moving a hand to rest her broad knuckles against Hei's arm. "Remember, you're safe with me. And don't forget - no eye contact."

Outfit(no sunglasses) also hair is just braid with hair clips (think any modern viking french braid style)

Tempest was pretty relaxed- ok maybe a tiny bit nervous about meeting a strange lioness as well but heck, it should be fine. This wasn't about the lion chaperone, this was about Hei and that's why she also brought her a tiny little gift. It was in her purse and she'd pass it over in a short time.

Parking, she would step out of her mustang, her hand moving over the still sore bite on her collarbone that she had hidden with a skin tone bandage and the top of her dress.

She would just step out, her arms crossed behind her back for a moment as she looked around and took a small feel of the area. It was claimed. Fuck. Tempest was unaware of a whole new clutch here and she had no idea if they were friendly to others or not. Instantly uncomfortable, she would just start to look for Hei. She needed to at least warn them if they got a surprise visitor so that nothing would happen and then after she needed to call Beauregard on this.
The motion of the car subsided beneath her, but Hei hardly noticed still tucked into thoughts of John. Ingrid's skin against hers brought her back around. Her own lion using the contact to get a nuzzle in.

Hei had chosen Ingrid for several reasons. Not in anyway because she thought Sokol wasn't fit for the task. But it had been Ingrid who had saved her from the garden. In a way she hoped that it would make things easier, as the other lioness was already tied into the memories and fear the smell of vampires brought. That night if nothing else had firmly cemented her inside the pride. They had saved her from her own family. As much as she feared that night she knew she was safe with the lions.

She placed a hand over Ingrids.

"No eye contract."

Was her answer to it all.
Hei seemed to come back down to earth, covering her hand with her own. No eye contact. Ingrid nodded, once, firm, and then retreated altogether to pull the key from the ignition. Out in the parking lot was a lone woman, and given the hour, Ingrid didn't have much guessing to do about who she was.

Wordless, her face set in its stony neutral state, she stepped out and closed the door behind her. She would wait for Hei to come out as well, and would stay close to her, wherever she went, at whatever pace. Already, she had resigned herself to having little to say for all of this if it didn't involve keeping her fellow lion calm.
Continuing to stay calm, her eyes would scan the area, glancing down to her phone that was in her hand before she tucked it into her purse. She was trying to just be patient and wait now, even though the hairs at the back of her neck were raised unhappily from her nerves at being here now. It wasn't like this a couple of weeks ago, so things were changing quickly.

The sound of a door shutting though caught her attention, her head turning as the waft of cat were tickled her nose from the wind. Ah! That should be the new woman she was to meet and Hei should be popping out next.

She would turn and start to walk to them, giving them a little more time to privately talk before she got too close to hear them, "Evening. "
She took a deep breath before opening the door and slipping out of the car. The night air cooling with a trace of humidity. It didn't take long before their awaited guest made her appearance. Hyper aware Hei caught the sickly scent of death before Tempest even approached. The tension in her muscles only continued to tighten. And although she was pleased to see the vampire it was almost impossible to bring forth a smile.

"joh-eun jeonyeog-ieyo"

She remembered Tempest had said some korean at their last meeting. As she spoke little specks of gold entered her eyes,
The cloying smell of rot was not exactly appealing. Ingrid willed herself to simply adjust to it and keep her focus elsewhere. Walking with Hei, considering the vampire who stood some way before them, only briefly studying her face. Her hands hung loosely at her sides, and her gaze wandered away as Hei Ryung greeted the woman - Tempest, was it - in her native tongue. Ingrid listened as if she understood it, but was mostly keeping her feelers out for any unwelcome guests, or any crackling of bone.
Tempest felt the sort of glare from the other woman, it was no real nevermind, she was there to what? Keep things from escalating? She'd play nice happily for the sake of Hei, the woman was far too kind and sweet to be afraid of her.

"Annyeong, dasi mannaseo bangawo," she said in reply, still learning and maybe misunderstanding what she had as she hadn't had any conversation practice and sounded overly formal. The woman was trying though, wanting to be able to talk in Korean for her but she was working on it still.

"I'm still not the best...I have a lot way to go for understanding, " Tempest would apologize politely to Hei before a small smile was given to the other woman, "You must be Ingrid. It's a pleasure, I'm Tempest. " the vampire would introduce herself to her, still feeling a tiny bit fidgety being in someone elses territory.
The reply earned Tempest a brief smile and a few pronunciation corrections. It was a good distraction for a few seconds but all to soon she found herself sucked into that smell. What she hadn't counted on was the way the smell of grass and bark tangled with the death and brought her fear spiking upwards. Air felt clammy on her skin, every breath bringing her back to that night. To that garden.

The specks expanded taking over her brown eyes in a radiant gold.

Ingrid's lion was somewhere to the side, an anchor in the sea of fear that was threatening to overcome her.
Ingrid didn't much care for conversation that she couldn't parse. She put it from her mind all the same, which was easier to do when the woman tumbled back into English with an apology, and then an introduction. Ingrid's gaze wandered to the vampire's chin, and she fixed her with a smile that was often used on customers. Kind enough, but not quite touching her eyes. "It's good to meet you. Thank you for doing this for Hei."

Hei, who seemed to be turning to stone at her side. Ingrid looked to the other woman, eyes fully gilded, and frowned. One hand came to rest on Hei's delicate shoulder, and she squeezed gently. "Breathe, Hei Ryung," she said quietly, seeking her companion's gaze. "You're safe. Walk away, if you need to, for a little while." Baby steps.
"I'm more than happy to help out, " she told the other lioness. This one looked like she could throw down in a fight, it made her want to tempt that fate a little bit to ask for a friendly spar but they were not here for that.

The look on Hei's face told her this was a lot already and she would look up to the sky for a moment. Focusing for a moment, it would get cloudy and then a breeze blowing away from the pair of lions would bustle through the area. A little rough but it was better than the smell enveloping her.

"Hei, you will not offend me in the slightest if you need me to go off to the side a bit for you. Small steps overcome obstacles, " she told her gently. Remembering what she had in her bag though, she would pull out an old leather pouch and held it to her.

"Before I forget, it's a charm, something we made back when I was young and just a simple human, " she said with a bit of a chuckle.

These beadsw/ this Bone charm(instead of the flower that's at the end)

The physical contact was like a spark of electricity, running the sensation out from her shoulder through the rest of her body. In that smooth way some other wordily plans connected and her lioness could go in for a nibble at Ingrid's. A vast contrast to the memories still swirling in her mind. Disassociating the two moments. For as much as she felt the chill of that night it was distant and foggy when compared to the heat of Ingrid's hand on her shoulder.

Then by some unseen force (tempest) the smell of death lessened, a breeze pushing away all the heavy scents of grass, bark, vampire. Bringing instead that yoga mat, chicken and rice, sunlight fur of Ingrid.

Her breath came out in a gasp sucking in air that she'd realized she'd restricted. Deep and clean it filled her lungs and steadied the thumping of her heart. It took a moment of deep breathing before the she could process what Tempest had said, when it did connect her eyes trailed down to the beads and the cat carving at the end. With shaking fingers she reached out.

"A rion?"
There was tension, even in the soft lick of wind. But then the woman at her side was breathing again, finding her way back into the present moment, and Ingrid's gaze traveled to the gift that Tempest had extended on the tail of her encouraging words. Ingrid kept up her guard, for all she could appreciate this. It was a kind gesture, and kind words, but those things were sometimes used as little more than currency.
Tempest relaxed a little bit, the breeze helping it seemed and so she would keep it up for as long as she was able to. It didn't matter that it wasn't natural, it was to aid her and that was all she truly cared for.

Shaking her head some, "No but it is a cat. It is inspired from the goddess freya, she is powerful, beautiful and it was seen a blessing to give another woman a cat. Since you are a cat; of sorts; as well, I thought it was fitting. I hope it is something that might help bring peace and confidence to you, " Tempest told her honestly.

With no idea on how the other woman felt about her, so she was trying to think on how to help distract her from the obvious...vampireness in front of her, "So...what does your lion look like? Closest I've ever seen for a lion is at a free roam zoo in Europe, " maybe talking about her lion would help? Really she was shooting in the dark for it.
She took the necklace almost reverently, her fingers just slightly shaking as they rubbed over the cold cat face. It was smooth, almost like a river rock, the surface warn down until it was as gentle as a pearl. The line of beads reminded her of those messages, discovering what a citrine was and coming up with the name sunset point. Everything that was good here. A place that had become more of a home then the one she had left behind. She felt then that even Tempest, a vampire she had only met a couple times, cared for her more then John had ever done.

There was still the guilt weighing on her. Knowing she was the reason he was either hiding or dead. But that weight felt even a tiny bit less. In the end John had only ever been her brother in blood. Now she had had something better. Something more. The very thing she had ever wanted, from a marriage, from a baby. Love. She had just wanted to be loved.

"gamsa haeyo .. maeu gamsahabnida"

English would never be able to express the depths of her emotions. Her thanks to Tempest or her love for the lions. In the end she would always relay on her native tongue even if it left only a mystery behind.
Tempest didn't need to understand what was said to know it was a thank you. She gave a tender smile to the lioness she'd grown fond of, the woman had made great leaps but Tempest had to part ways now due to the sensation at the back of her neck for this place.

"Keep it with you, please, " she asked her before looking around, "I don't think you know but this area is now claimed by another vampire group...I did not know this when we chose here to meet so sadly...I must go. I don't want you to find trouble because of me and for safety it is best if we gat together again another evening, " she told them as she reached and took Hei's hand if she allowed.

"you are doing wonderful, I hope one day to get to meet your lion, " she told her before looking to Ingrid, "It was a pleasure to meet you. Be safe here. If either of you have need please let me know and when I can, I will come, " she told them.

Her heart ached to leave so soon but she had to. In front of them both, she dropped into her vulture form, the large bird looking up at them as she turned and then ran to fly off with two powerful strokes of her wings. Tempest didn't wish to tempt fate or vampire politics with an unknown clutch at the moment, so leaving was her safest bet right now.

Exit Tempest :,(

The departure was quick, though Hei could understand the reasoning. She didn't know if vampires were like weres and could sense their kind. If one showed up, well she couldn't say how she would react. But most likely it would not be good for any of them. Before she could voice any concerns or ask Tempest to stay the woman had faded into a voulture, of all things, and disappeared into the night. Leaving her standing with Ingrid the necklace in her hands.

Remeants of rotted corpse passed by her nose, but they only brought out a itch of fear before dispersing. Rather the evening had gone rather well, all the worry she'd held melted away. She turned with a hint of a smile to Ingrid.

"Thank for accompany ... have eaten yet?"

Ingrid was forever a solid pillar of support, and having little to offer in return Hei sought out dinner as repayment.
Hei's emotions were very nearly tangible, but at least it was not some tidal wave of fear threatening to crush the young woman once again. It was something brighter, and warmer, and how telling was it that she stumbled through her gratitude in her native tongue. Ingrid could hardly understand the words she spoke, but there was context to display an idea of the meaning. Hei was moved, and in her own stoic way, Ingrid was, too; she could appreciate the little symbol.

More than that, she could appreciate this vampire's transparency, her honesty about where they were and why it was time to leave so soon. Ingrid was back on guard duty in an instant, her expression bordering on unfriendly, even as they said their farewells. Tempest was easily the only vampire she cared to be crossing paths with here tonight, and for all trust was a brittle thing, there was another bizarre touch of respect here as the woman transformed into a bird right before them. What a vulnerable secret to share. And then, she was off into the night, and the shorter woman beside her was thanking her, asking her about dinner.

"I have not, but I could certainly eat." Though she offered no smile with her words, she did squeeze Hei's shoulder and nod her head. "Let's go."