Camp Baron Special Puplivery

After this thread+ the text

Tempest drove above the speed limit, she didn't like the idea of making the goofy girl wait on help no matter how much she was mentally swearing at her. She needed some lessons in manners and how to not just be rude to random people who were doing nothing harmful.

Picking up a napkin from her consol, she wiped the gooey blood from her chest from where she had bitten and was trying to cover it up. Her bite wound was not something she cared too much about as she pulled into his driveway.

Parking, she'd get out and go around to carefully lift the redhead out of her car and cradle her gently as she walked to the door and would give a foot knock if he didn't beat her to the door.
He had heard the car he'd anticipated, and was at the door just about the time she knocked, and it swung inward almost immediately.

Smelled... blood. Not a lot, but enough to perk up the more animal part of him. Smelled vampire, of course, and... wolf. Unconscious, in arm. He looked at the young redhead cradled by the vampire and nodded brusquely. Not really the time for normal greetings.

"Bring her on inside," he said, stepping back to let her do that. "You can put her over on the couch." Vampires were strong and that seemed likely kinder on the body of the patient than transferring arms for a mere ten foot walk.
Tempest offered a little tired looking smile to the coyote. She wasn't physically tired but just mentally drained from having to deal with these antics right now and on her birthday.

"Thank you, " she told him as she would tap off her shoes out of habit before walking into the room and going over to the couch. She was careful as she knelt a bit and eased her onto the couch and would rest her burnt arm over her stomach before she stood up and took a step back from her.

"I am unsure of how long she'll be out for I'm afraid, " Tempest would explain as her hand went to rub against her neck a bit as it throbbed.
So polite. Tempest really was a marvel of a person.

He followed to the couch after closing the door, watching. Well, the burn he could do something about for sure...

"Yeah, afraid I can't say. I'm not an expert in lightning strikes, myself." Didn't really have a place in pediatric medicine. He already had his home kit out on the kitchen table, and after a moment he went over there to open it up, still in full view of the couch. "You don't need to stick around, I can definitely take care of her. Won't know more until she wakes, but..."

Burn ointment, gauze.

"You alright?" He glanced to her, trained not to miss the signs of injury.
"Sadly same...with how you guys heal, I assume, she won't have to worry too much about heart problems so long as she rests, " she would suggest. Tempest was no healer but she knew that rest was good for any body that just got traumatized.

"Alright, I'll let you to it. Give me a call if you need something- anything, I'll do what I can, " she told him before looking down and sighing. He probably smelt it and it was sore.

Slowly, she tugged her shirt down to show the teeth mark bite on her collar bone, "She bit me...the girl didn't like that I was standing up for myself as I was passing out cake pops at the park- said my smell contaminated them...she continued to goade on and then attacked and I reflexively protected myself, " she told him, her head shaking still. She normally didn't strike people but she didn't take being attacked without protecting herself.
No doubt Tempest would do anything he asked. Hopefully he wouldn't need her...

Especially since her story painted this young woman as an aggressive anti-vampire sort. Or maybe she just didn't know better and had a bad attitude toward everyone. Wouldn't that be fun to deal with when she woke...

If she woke. But there had to be that hope, else he was going to have to contact someone more capable than he was on this front. Wouldn't Frank just love that? Emergency, emergency, Dr. Beringer...

Anyway. He stepped closer to look at the bite as she showed it, frowning. Had she bit her... as a person? Reflexively protecting herself made it sound like she'd been the one to hurt the wolf girl. Vampires did have a lot of mystery to them, didn't they? "I can give you some ointment for that, if you think it would help. I'm a medical professional but I'm afraid I don't know much about vampire physiology."
Tempest felt some relief that he didn't just yell at her for self-defense, she figured he would probably react the same way if a were or vampire attacked him. She would glance a little at it and then give a small nod.

"Well, the annoying thing about us is we take a bit to heal but please if you don't mind, I don't carry first aid on me really, " she told him before letting out a slight dry laugh. "Maybe I should start after this...I don't think an actual person has bitten me since I was human, " and that was a long ass time ago. Tempest did feel better about dropping this wolf girl off here then, at least he had some medical training and could give her whatever boost she needed until she got claimed.
He dropped the burn supplies on the coffee table and went back to get some more--something that might help her heal up a bit faster. Neosporin was an effective and necessary tool in any emergency kit, far as he was concerned. It was this he came back with, and a large bandage.

"You are welcome to put them on yourself, unless you'd like me to. Either way, feel free to sit."

He wasn't rushing her out, and she could take a moment to collect herself after a rattling sort of evening. "Do you... have electric powers of some sort, then?"

Over the years he'd picked up tidbits about vampires, but he'd never really had anyone to talk with that could confirm from experience. This was absolutely the first time he'd ever had one in his home, which was notable.
Tempest would take them from him, "I can do it, no need to get it on you, " she told him as she would carefully start applying the medicine around the human teeth bite marks on her collarbone. It was already bruising her pale skin from how hard she'd bitten her.

The question made her bob her head side to side.

"Yes and no...I can control the weather...If you notice her hair is wet. I tried to just get her to leave first with rain but that didn't work, " she said with a slight frown, "Before I was turned, I was what is now known as a psychic. I had abilities crop up when I was young and so I've had some practice over the years in working the weather to what I want...at least mostly. It's the weather, it does what it wants still, " she wasn't all powerful with it but she could make it strike out lightning if she really wanted it to.
While she took care of herself, he went over to try and treat what he could see on the wolf. Cracking open a sealed tub of ointment, he knelt next to the couch and got to work, listening all the while.

Controlling the weather did explain enough, but Tempest went further still. She'd had this power since before she'd been a vampire? He wondered how long that was, but opted not to ask. Vampires being dead-but-not made his brain uneasy, and the less he dug into that, the better. Still... it was clear she had done this on purpose.

But the confession was enough for him. An honesty that many wouldn't have provided. Himself included.

"Sounds like she's a stubborn one, if you had to resort to that sort of thing."

He wouldn't--couldn't judge, not really. He was capable of his own atrocities. And sometimes hard lessons were the only ones that stuck. Still... this had been no small thing, if the wolf was still unconscious.
Tempest had to laugh at that as she nodded, wincing and hissing through her teeth as she applied a bit overly generous amount onto the wound. She really had no idea how much to apply so more was better...right?

"I think so... she's confident though...I'll give her that but I hope she doesn't go picking any more fights. She mentioned that she was on a no random shift thing, " Tempest said with a little shrug of her shoulders at that. She had no idea what that was all about but maybe it had to do with her high and mighty attitude.

"Were you a psychic...before you became king of the pack? " she asked, a little bit of a playful smile on her face as she would clean her hand and try to line up the bandage over the bite mark but was failing a bit. "Could I bother for your assistance on putting the bandage on, please? "
No random shift... thing? He could only guess what that might mean. Perhaps the young lady was searching for control of herself and had pulled on too big of britches for it.

Oh well. He smiled as he wiped a bit of the ointment onto the burned arm, tickled by Tempest in a way he rarely was anymore. "King of the band," he corrected with an amused noise. Then he was getting up, coming over to her, happy to help, to take the bandage from her and align it so it would stick and not get rendered useless by the amount of ointment she'd put on.

"I'm afraid I was never so special, but one of my coyotes was a psychic once. And I've met a few... though I wouldn't say I know any of them half as well as I've come to know you."
"King of the band, right. Remind me to change that to your name on my phone now, " she told him with a bit of a grin at that. She didn't feel weird teasing him a little, it was a relaxed and easy going conversation between them.

If she could blush, she would. That was too sweet of a comment he gave her as she smiled some.

"I'm glad we've gotten to know each other, I've learned a lot since we've met because of you, " she told him warmly as he applied the bandage to her cool skin. "Thank you. So, if you ever need a rainstorm, or a mud pit to wrestle in, I'd happily make one for you, " she offered to him with a bit of a grin at that. It was a funny idea but mud wrestling had been an old hobby of hers.
Eli didn't attach to people often. At least not enough to have them saying things like that to him. But here he was, with a vampire sitting in his living room, offering him gestures of friendship.

Odd, but what part of his life wasn't?

"That's one of the most generous offers I think I've ever had," he said as he straightened up after making sure the bandage was on correctly, the amusement in his eyes rather than on his mouth now. "I don't know what to offer in turn, other than... well, apparently I'm your go-to stop for dropping off wayward pups."

And that, if he did say so himself, was pretty nice and helpful of him.
Meeting people and getting to know them was the best boon of her long life, she only hoped this King managed to keep himself alive until old age so she could bother him until he was all grey fur.

A little smile was tugging at her lips at what he said, "It will always be there- baring a wild young were doesn't do me in first," she said in a bit of a joking manner before her head dipped in a bow as he fixed the bandage on her. That was better, it was covered and would be kept clean.

"You are, what a better person to leave them with than a leader I trust will take care of them...no matter the state I seem to get them in, " she said with a dry laugh, "Oh- do you like cake pops by chance? " best to ask now before she would head off to let him tend to the knocked out pup.
Nice to be trusted. It was what he wanted, even if he didn't always manage to make a good case for himself. Tempest was proof he wasn't completely screwing it up, though.

With her bandaged he needed to get back to finishing with the wolf, but maybe he ought to see her out of here first...

And she had his attention with the mention of food. "Never met one I didn't love," he said, immediately assuming he was about to come into possession of one--or several?--and feeling enthused by this. Hopefully he wasn't going to go to hell for momentarily fixating more on the idea of a treat than the fact that he had a critically injured young lady on his couch. It was worth repeating to himself that there wasn't a lot he could do for her right this minute!
Tempest would give a little smile at that and motioned with her head so that he could follow her then.

"I have about a hundred and twenty? Somewhere around there, in my cooler in the trunk. All yours, " she told him as she would head back outside and just breath in the fresh air. It was nice out still, even if the evening was ruined for her by the act of the foolish pup girl.

Getting to the trunk, she would open it and then the long cooler in there to show the boxes of gourmet cake pops, "They're all fresh, I was passing them out at the park right before this all happened, " she didn't want him to feel odd for her mentioning her older than dirt birthday. She was still shocked she made it that far in her life but rather proud that she managed to.
This was a lot more than the several he'd been imagining! A dozen or two, maximum, but over a hundred?

The feral part of his brain was very happy to take full advantage of a vampire's disinterest in solid foods. The less feral part was... also happy to, to be quite honest.

Following her out into the gorgeous night air, he could only hope that the timing wasn't so bad that he ended up being absent for the wolf's return to consciousness. And with a peer inside the cooler--worth it. He was going to have to pawn some of these off on Heidi and Brooke. (For some reason he had a hard time imagining Kai would want to be bothered with coming to get any.)

"Generous of you. Did you make them yourself...?"

Personally, he was a purchaser of goods, so no judgement there.

Either way, he'd be happy to take them all off her hands. "I can return the cooler to you later, unless you'd like to stick around while I transfer these into the fridge."
Tempest watched the look on his face as she showed off the haul she had in her trunk. She wanted to keep them fresh and this was the best bet from what she had been told about food safety and all of that craziness.

The question though had her chuckling, "Sadly no...mead is all I really know how to make. Actual food when I can't taste it, no. I went to some bakery actually, very friendly people who touted to make them all by hand so I hope they are actually good, " she said in a hopeful tone.

"Let me help, this was all I had planned for this evening was passing these out so I'm in no rush, " small lie, she didn't want to be around when sparky woke up but she'd cross that bridge if it happened. Hopefully, she'd be asleep a while longer while they loaded his fridge up. "Oh the insides also have fillings, just to forwarn you. Someone ate a vanilla one with caramel and got surprised by it on their face, " she told him with a bit of a chuckle as she'd lift one end, ready for him to take the other.
Okay, good, he was going to be pretty much far too impressed if a vampire was making cake pops. To be outdone by the undead! But his personal mode of cooking and such was sheer survival efforts. He made too much money to torture himself over a stove for fun.

"A kind warning, I'll be sure to be on my toes," he said, and took up the other end of the cooler with ease. This was a task that would barely make either of them think twice, like carrying a grocery bag inside. The joys of being entirely too strong, hm?
"Always happy to obligie, " she told him as she helped to carry the cooler back into his house.

Looking at the pup for a moment before just shaking her head at her again and just following him to his kitchen to be able to help him unload these now.

"What does cake taste like? " Tempest asked curiously. She had tried that chocolate cake but really, she wanted to hear it from someone who ate regularly. She just tried food at random and could never tell if it was good or bad, it was just bad when it came back later to revisit her.
They got to the fridge and he was able to open it, and they could start moving things over. He shoved a few things around so there was room, first.

But the question got his attention, and he gave her a rare variety of smile--almost bewildered. What a thing to wonder about. What a thing to have to answer.

"Well. Depends. There's all kinds." He picked a single cake pop and waggled it at her. "This one, I'm sure, very sweet and dense. A little bitter--that'd be the chocolate. But... can you smell? Is that the weirdest question you've ever had?"
There was a little relief when he didn't laugh at her for the question, eating had long since become an odd concept to her but occasionally she did have a miss for it. So asking someone who used regular food as fuel and possibly something they just enjoyed, felt rather natural.

As he described it to her, she would nod before a little laugh left her as her head shook, "It's in the top five but not the weirdest thing I've been asked, " she told him as she would lean in and sniff it a bit, "Funny, I try to not breathe often but I can smell something bitter...but then something that reminds me of honey with how sweet it smells, " she described to him. What she didn't add on is that she could also smell his canineness but that was too rude to really tack on.
Didn't need to bREATHE. What a thing that had absolutely never occurred to him.

Honey. So she'd had... honey? When had she been alive last? No idea, he still didn't want to ask. "Really, everything tastes how it smells. Well. Not everything, but it at least gives you an idea. And it's not as strong sometimes, not really the same experience but... better than nothing. Like some cakes are... citrus! Like oranges or lemons. Those are potent when you smell them. A bit more muted when you mix them with sugar and flour and eat them, but... yeah, taste like they smell."
Tempest listened and would nod, so it if smelt sweet and somewhat decent then it should taste; if that theory held, good? "That's good to know- those do smell like they'd be good and sweet, they have that little sweet smell to them- I hope you enjoy them then, " she said with a little smile. She liked Eli, he was chill and just helped her remember a bit of her humanity once upon a time ago with just the simple thing of food.

"What is your favorite thing to eat? " she'd ask curiously.
Swiftly, everything was into the fridge and he was able to scoot the cooler out of the way and close the fridge door with a certain finality. "I'm sure I'll enjoy them. I'll probably share with the other coyotes for good measure."

Maybe take some in to work... hm...

Regardless, her question gave him a moment to think. "I like a lot of foods. I think my favorite thing though... Haven't had it in a while but nothing really beats a fresh caught fish, roasted up with lemon and dill, served with potatoes." Actually, that sounded great. He wondered if... would Brooke go fishing with him, if he asked? She'd be living here soon and he needed to contemplate bonding activities.
That tickled a part of her, knowing that he'd share with others and probably wouldn't care who they came from. Maybe, even after the craziness that had befallen her today, it was turning out to be rather decent. Maybe her birthday hadn't been screwed over by the pup.

Roast fish. Now that tickled a memory that was faded and made her smile a little,"I hope you get to have it then...and catch it yourself. Fishing is still a hobby I enjoy even if I don't eat them anymore," she told him while helping load up the ice box with the treats. Those were going to last a good minute for him but they wouldn't be wasted so that was alright.
"Been a while since I've done it myself," he confessed easily, moving over to the sink to wash his hands as the task finished up. "But... well, I don't think I've ever gone fishing at night. You might have to show me sometime."

Was it even possible? He supposed it had to be. Fish were opportunistic and stupid, even in the dark.
"I have a boat, just let me know when you'd want to and I'll take you out and see if we can catch you some fish for that dinner of yours, " there were plenty to catch in the evening. It just took patience and a little fish luck.
She had a boat! Because of course she had a boat.

"I will absolutely take you up on that."

Sometimes, uh... after he dealt with this wolf cub she'd shocked the living daylights out of, he supposed. Briefly, guiltily, he recognized he was here having a nice time with a patient in a very poor way on his couch.
"Text or call me then, see what we can catch in that river, " she had her sailing boat but she also had a boat that was used for just that. Fishing. And rivers held good amount fish so it would be rather fun.

Looking out to his living room, she would hoist up the cooler with one arm.

"I'll let you take care of Sparkles over there, let me know how she does, please? " hopefully her memory would be a little fried from that evening and she wouldn't remember that she peeved off a vampire. She needed to get ahold of the clutch healer to heal up this bite mark though, not a scar she wanted.
"I will, to all of the above," he assured, and moved to see her out. "And I'll do my best to make sure she doesn't hold a grudge." Tepid smile, reassurance he probably didn't need to give too heavily. Clearly Tempest could handle herself. He got his front door open for her. "It was good to see you again, Tempest."
"I can't wait, " she told him as she easily carried the cooler out, giving one last concerned look to the fell pup. "Thanks...maybe try and get her to understand that were all different, doesn't mean we can't get along, " she told him with a smile and a little bow of her head, "I was a pleasure to see you again Elijah, thank you again. Take care, " she told him as she gave a little wave of her fingers. She liked him, he was really a great man and looked forward to spending more time with him
It was advice he didn't really need, he felt. But... well, it was hardly offensive. Well meant and sound. Though at the end of the day he couldn't really say what he'd be able to teach a wolf. She was hardly his responsibility... but she was on his couch. And after a quick, "You too," to his very strange but welcome friend, he turned back and closed the door. He would hear her drive off, but he wouldn't wait for it, going back to the couch.

Had to make the redheaded girl comfortable. He realized he didn't know her name, but he supposed Tempest hadn't known it, either. He would finish bandaging up the evident damage of the lightning strike, then periodically check her vitals.

In the end, it was just a matter of waiting for her to stir, and Eli could only hope this would not result in him staying in vigil the whole night.

And what her being unconscious that long would mean...
The thing was though, that Zelda wasn't unconscious.

No, she'd woken at some point in the process of being picked up and dragged to the vampire's car, but given that her arm felt like it was literally ON FIRE, both Zelda and the wolf had decided that sleeping was probably the best option here. It wouldn't make them heal faster, but the pain was much easier to ignore when you were stuck in a fever dream instead, so that's where Zelda would settle.

Another stir as they reached the house, but nothing that had her willing to peek open her eyes just yet. It wouldn't be until much later that she'd finally opt to waking, her arm a throbbing pain as she gave a very low moan of complaint.

A moan that offered her senses the chance to realize that this was not her house.

Not her couch.

And definitely not her scent.

Surprised, she'd inhale loudly taking in the foreign scent as the wolf perked to attention. If an enemy lurked around here, then neither she nor the wolf was up to any sort of fighting.... Great.
It was the first time he'd really heard her breathing change, to indicate she wasn't just adrift somewhere.

"You're safe," he announced from where he'd taken up residence in an arm chair that had an angled view on the couch. He tensed slightly, a predator in anticipation of what he'd need to react to next.
Zelda would slowly peek open a single yellow eye, taking in the man that's scent bathed every corner of this house. They were locked in his den, and she had no way of knowing who or what he was, or why he was creepily sitting on a chair not so far from her.

Had he been watching her sleep this entire time.

The yellow eye narrowed suspiciously, only for her mind to spring back to the burning pain that was her arm and had her moaning once more. "It doesn't feel like it." She whined, kicking her feet in defiance, and only cause the pain to grow stronger. "It huuuuuuuuuuuuurts.

She wanted her grandpa. :(
A literal child, it seemed. Eli shouldn't have been surprised, what with the story that Tempest had given him, but he'd thought... surely an exaggeration.

Apparently not.

"You were struck by lightning, it's going to hurt for a while. I'm just glad you're awake." He decided against standing up, she didn't seem to be in any need of immediate assistance. "Do you remember what happened?"
Gosh this guy seemed so unsympathetic to her pain that it only made Zelda want to whine more, because clearly, pity was the only thing that was going to keep her alive at this very moment.

Pouting, Zelda would finally open both of her eyes, shifting both uncertainly and carefully on the couch as she forced herself into a sitting position. "Lightening?" She questioned, brows tugging together as she clutched her pained arm closer.

"It was only raining, not storming."
He was in a position to tell her the truth. He decided it would be easier for everyone if he didn't.

Shrugging, he admitted, "Someone brought you to me. I only know what they told me."

Looking steadily at her he continued right on, "How does your chest feel?"
Zelda's face screwed up in its confusion, though she refrained from arguing aloud as her fog filled brain continued to try and place the puzzle pieces together.

It was just so strange!

A new direction given, Zelda would respond with a deep inhale of breath, followed by a slow exhale. A slight ache there, but nothing that compared to what her arm was currently feeling so both her and the wolf decided that this was fine. Nothing to worry about there.

"Fine, it's my arm that hurts."
"Okay, good, that's what I like to hear." His bedside manner was... steady, if nothing else. She wasn't young enough to break out his 'make you laugh' tricks he'd use on the small ones. "I'm Eli. I'm the leader of the coyotes and you're in my home in Camp Baron."

Best not stay some random nameless creepy dude.
Why was he glad to hear that her arm was in pain?! >:(

Zelda wasn't entirely sure if she liked this Eli, king of the coyotes, guy. "Zelda, just a regular wolf." She answered haughtily, resisting the urge to cross her arms with a huff.

"Why am I in your house?"
What a character. He couldn't even really figure out what she was trying to prove about herself, but he did find her... refreshing, in a way. Most of his patients were not much of a challenge.

"I'm a doctor. The person who brought you to me knew that, thought I could help. Wanted to make sure you weren't dead or in danger of becoming such."

Clearly she wasn't.
A doctor who was too busy questioning her rather than actually helping her with the pain in her arm. Zelda wasn't entirely sure if she trusted either him or the person that had thought to bring her into some stranger coyote's den.

"Well, can you help me?" She'd question, "and am I dying, or at risk of it?" If she was, then she'd better get started on some phone calls rather than waisting her time on this couch.
She was something. He had to not laugh. Thankfully, he was pretty practiced at not emoting.

Shook his head. "Doesn't seem like it. The fact that you're up and talking is more than enough. I can get you some gel and painkillers for your burns but... I think that's the worst of it."

Thank god. Considering she'd been knocked out, no matter for how long, he'd been concerned about more. But she seemed... ah... vibrant.
Painkillers would be nice, anything to make the buzz of her skin calm some, allow her to move a bit more freely than she currently could.

"Could I maybe get some of those now." She blinked, tone changed now that there was a relief to her pain present. "My arm actually really hurts, like a million bees are swarming me."

But she supposed it wasn't nearly as bad as that first strike.
Scared corner hound. All teeth until she realized he wasn't here to merely harass her.

He got up and walked into the kitchen just behind where she sat, going for his kit for a hefty dose of pills and eventually to go and get her a glass of water.

"You're really lucky it's not more than that. A lightning strike can stop your heart if you're unlucky on top of unlucky."
Zelda would shift as the coyote doctor moved towards another room, her eyes squinting in annoyance as he disappeared behind a wall and dipped out of her sight. It made the wolf uncomfortable not to have the stronger animal within few, but Zelda would do her best not to make the discomfort too obvious as she shifted closer and closer to the edge of the couch.

"I don't feel lucky." She'd call back, listening to the rattle of glass. "What even are the chances of getting struck by lightning? One in a million?"
Truthfully, he had no idea what the odds actually were.

"I dunno, I'd say half that."

He was attempting to lie and make it sound more likely than it was. But little did he know that 1 in 500,000 were the numbers that the CDC gave. The dice made this happen.

With water full up and in his hand, and several painkiller pills in his other hand, he was came back toward Zelda, offering them both out.