Yellow Pages Friends til the end
Got a ghost question for you jelly queen
Grace
I’m ready, jelly co-queen
Priya
Ok so

In retrospect Grace didn't really have this shit planned out.

Think I gotta change apartments
And I like
Feel shitty leaving silas to some potential rando
I sent a message to his parents so idk if that means he goes off to the spirit relm kr some shit
But if not can he like
Come with??
Grace
Can he like... come with?

Priya chewed the inside of her cheek as she thought. The answer she settled on was... Yesn’t???

Usually, a spirit was a one-off encounter, but there were regulars. The tired old businessman at the Starbucks who stood in line but never had his order taken. The transparent woman with tight curls and a red coat who got on the bus every hour, only to appear again after the doors closed to make idle conversation. And Silas, who lurked in the woodgrain of Grace’s apartment and seemed to understand his fate.

They were all attached to places... Places defined by habits they had in life. Places they were accustomed to, Priya thought.

But there were also the wandering ghosts, weren't there? People could be haunted too, no?

If she took that and ran with it, it stood to reason that a place and person were no different. They were both a physical touchstone in the living world.

So that was her answer. Yesn’t.

I want to say yes, but I would keep expectations low.
Most ghosts I see around the city stay in one place, but I think most are just echoes. Silas is a little more--he remembered his parents.
I'm thinking... If a place can be haunted, then a person can be too. And we could see if that's something we can pull off.

That is... If Grace wanted to be haunted. And if Silas wanted to do the haunting.
Grace: willingly fucking haunted.

She loved Priya always, but here it especially sparkled. There was no doubt, no "why the fuck." She just got it.

u r the best
I don't wanna do anything he doesn't wanna do
And if he can go to like
Wherever ghosts go??? Instead then I don't wanna trap him or something but if he has a choice and would rather chill with someone instead a some place

These were a lot of words around Grace being low key lonely.

You get me
Grace
But of course she didn't take the time to ask why--this was Grace. Grace who led them all into a pact and onwards. That took a little bit of crazy (Priya thought this with the utmost affection) and she was long past asking 'why'. If only Priya was able to read into these texts, see the loneliness written between the lines, but in her mind all she heard was Grace's bright energy, the way she thought her voice might sound when the memory from the dream was a little faded. She smiled to see this. This was crazy. She loved it.

I understand. I'll come over and talk to him. We can see what he would like to do!

But, more importantly.

You're moving?
Priya
Yea if I can swing it
Got this teleporting power and
Teleported a fucking vampire into my apartment by accident lol
Grace

She was not lolling, but who really did anyway.