What the cat happened?

Sometime after this thread when She wakes her sleepy self up

Blair had no real idea what happened, her brain was playing out the last bits of her memory as the panic had set in and the emotions had been wound up on high as she had talked to Amber. Amber the human. The sweet human she had planned to meet that day but the day went south because she couldn't control her cat. That panic and upset is what started to wake her up, a small groan and whimper leaving the younger were as she slowly worked herself awake from the post-shift coma.

Where was Amber? She didn't hear or smell her. She didn't hear the sounds of the city either but that didn't stop her from pushing herself up as fast as possible and looking around in a panic.

"A-Amber? Frank? " she called out, her voice wavering as her long hair bumped into her face as she looked around with her heart pounding in her chest. She was trying to put jumbled memories into place but it was all blank from when she last saw Amber leaving her in the ally by the dumpster.
Between the time Eli had left after patching him up to now, Frank had gone back to his car to grab some clothes to change into before bleaching and throwing out the bloodied and torn sweater from before. Maybe, his coat could be saved, maybe not, but that was something to figure out at home when he didn’t have to go back out into the cold. Mathis had been texted to let him know he’d be home later and that Eli had patched up a bite, Frank leaving off how bad it exactly was to stem any worry for the moment.

Now, Frank was watching some movie he’d found flipping the channels, half paying attention, doing his best to keep his mind off the pain and the way nerves kept feeling fuzzy in his arm. A sound from the other room had him looking over across the main area before standing up from the couch at the sudden call out of names, heading towards where he’d left Blair peacefully sleeping off her shift. Apparently, she was awake now and the wobble of panic laced into tone was awful to hear.

Walking into her line of sight, he’d give a smile, a concerned wrinkle of his brow partners with it. ”Hey there, its good to see you up.”
Blair heard the footsteps and smelt him and then saw Frank. Had he gotten to her in time? Was everything ok? She was scared, she couldn't place her finger on why but she just felt panicked and scared over what happened, something she never wanted to happen but it did and she had no way of stopping it.

"Did...did I hurt anyone? I'm sorry I'm really really sorry I didn't...I couldn't stop it, I'm sorry, " she apologized. She felt like she was in the wrong here, she'd messed up in her mind and that was bringing around old fears and worries as she looked to Frank. He'd easily be able to see the fear and worry in her gaze at him as she tried to not slip too deep into panic mode and just let him tell her if she was in deep shit or not.
The anxiety could be felt coming off of her on that whole other sense and as he stepped further in. Questions came bubbling up and then apologies and Frank quickly offered his good hand to her shoulder, hoping to offer comfort as the jaguar bouncingly walked over to smoosh his face into pale fur. ”Hey, hey, hey now. Take a deep breath. Everything’s okay.”

Sitting at the edge of the bed, the springs creaked some in the movement as it took his weight. ”I got to you before things got bad.”
She looked to him, tears in her eyes as she was just scared that maybe he'd send her off too like she had. That she'd be alone through this; she knew it was irrational, that Frank wouldn't do that but years of rejection had her scared. "I-I'm sorry...I'm sorry...just...scared... " she told him as the tears dripped down and onto her chest.

When the other jaguar was close, the paler one; who was now calmer, would reach up with a big paw to gently bat before she gave his face a lick in apology.

Slowly, she would lean into him if he let her, "I'm not...in trouble for what happened? " she asked him nervously, her voice shaking a little bit as she asked. She was shaking a little with how worried that she was going to be in some form of trouble.
There were tears welling up from her and he gave a half there smile, it falling away as apologies began to be breathed out in time with them. She leaned into him and he let his arm wrap around her, hand slowly moving back and forth up her back, trying to help through the tears. Blair was scared which Frank could understand, no doubt something he’d feel in her place after just waking from a sudden shift. Thinking she was in trouble though had him furrowing his brows.

”You’re not in trouble, Blair. You did what you could and because of that you and everyone else is safe and that’s what matters,” he explained reassuringly.
Blair closed her eyes, taking a few breaths. She wasn't in trouble. That was rattling around in her head as the pale jaguar bumped her head into the darker jaguar's shoulder a bit while the human just tried to process all of what just happened.

"I was scared...that I hurt my friend...I hadn't seen her since I got infected, " she told him. Blair knew she didn't need to explain why she was hanging out with someone who wasn't from the prowl but she just wanted him to get that she is someone that Blair cared about, so the fear of harming her was forefront in her mind. "Are you ok? I didn't cause you too much trouble did I? " meaning mostly was her jaguar behaved or was she an ass since Blair had no idea about the felines personality.
The bumping had the panther lifting large forepaws to wrap around her tube body and grab for a small ear softly pull on.

Some explanation was offered up and he tried to school his features, but still lips pulled to the side some, a barely formed grimace. It could’ve been a whole lot worse, the friend only minutes away from becoming a newly minted jaguar. Thank god she’d left in time. ”You were the only one there when I arrived. You did good,” he reassured.

As for him, a soft laugh escaped him with a shake of his head. ”She’s a feisty one, but nothing I couldn’t handle. I’ll be okay.”
A rumbly chuff left the pale jaguar, her head pressing into his face a bit more as she pawed at him gently.

The physical release was evident when she heard that, knowing that her friend was truly gone and not there and that no one was hurt, that she was able to text Frank in time. "Thats good... " she told him as her eyes closed while she leaned into him. Weeks ago, she wouldn't have even been willing to be this close to someone but the comfort from Frank and his jaguar that was playing with hers.

When he said he'll be ok though, she looked up and at him, her brows furrowing some, "Did she hurt you? " the heck? Was her jaguar an idiot, he was a friend and not someone to hurt.
Still stroking her back, he lifted a brow some at her sudden expression change as if something had caught her attention. Oh. His hand lightly lifted from the lap to wave it off, not much more than that though as the arm prickled with static and he didn’t want to strain anything.

”It was just a bite, don’t worry about it.” That was for him, and no doubt Mathis when he got home, to do. ”It wasn’t my first rodeo with a jaguar.” She hadn't even gotten his face, see? It wasn't that bad.
That made her brows furrow a fair bit as she frowned at that, "I'm sorry...she sounds more like a butt head than just feisty honestly, " she told him a slight sigh in her tone as she spoke about her cat. Darn thing trying to chew on Frank, he was their friend not a dang toy...at least that was unless she had felt as distressed as Blair had in that moment.

"Is there anything I can do to help? " she'd ask him, even if he was ok she wanted to know if he needed anything from her and she knew she'd try and do it. Even if it was silly but she felt a bit responsible for the fact that her cat chewed on him.
Another apology came out which was sweet, but really unneeded though lips quirked up at the name calling. Boy, did he know for a fact jaguars could be like that, but it hadn’t been on purpose. He was just grateful things had ended how they had and not so much worse.

The offer had him chuckling some with a small shake of his head. ”How about just telling me what happened. Something triggered your shift.” It'd be good to know so Blair could practice avoiding whatever the stressor may be.
Blair was sort of hoping he wouldn't ask about it, about what caused it but she should have known better and that would make her look down at her lap and pull her hair over her shoulder to start playing with it out of an anxious habit.

"My friend...we were talking, asking each other about how we were and having some ice cream but without thinking I asked her how Asha was doing...because some stupid part of me still cares and I know that they know each other. I don't know why her answer affected me so much but it did and I feel awful for getting upset because...because I trusted her so much...she was the first person I really opened up to and really told her about myself so...I feel so stupid and hurt by her just kicking me out of everything...So I got upset and couldn't get unupset fast enough because then I felt that painful clawing...I barely got to my cellphone to text you I was in trouble, " Blair told him as she moved away and just let her head hang.

Her leggings would collect the wet droplets falling from her eyes, her hands now just folded in her lap. Blair was trying to just move on from it but she was more so burying her problems then facing them and really moving on from them.
Waiting, it wasn’t long before she took him up on providing some insight. All and all it should’ve been a nice day out with a friend, something he was happy to see her trying to maintain even though everything had no doubt upended completely with turning into a were. The trigger he was looking for happened to be just simply hearing about how Asha was. Blair’s turning and subsequent actions of Asha still left a weird feeling in his gut, he couldn’t imagine just dumping a girl on someone else after turning them, especially someone who was a friend, but then again he hadn’t been there and it hadn’t been his cat raging. Regardless, it was still a responsibility shirked and Mathis had been angry enough for them both that night.

She moved out of his hold and he watched as tears dampened cloth feeling a tad useless here. A quiet sigh escaped him, trying to find the right words. ”It’s understandable that you shifted, I’d be hurt to.” Wasn’t this the first time he was hearing it from her though? ”Have you talked about any of this with anyone? Vidya?”
"I trusted her...so much... " she told him softly, the tears still just falling. Blair had been doing her best to just keep it bottled up, to try and forget or something- anything really so that she wouldn't have to relive that pain again but it was there and talking about it made her hurt even more. Slowly, her legs would pull up to her chest as she shook her head, hugging herself legs even tighter to maybe make herself smaller.

"No...I don't...I don't know how to talk about it...at least without not feeling this painful sensation in my gut that makes me want to get sick or run away again...I was always running before, just from one safe place to another but I don't want to run away from you guys; from the prowl from... " she couldn't say it but she didn't want to run from Andy whom she had gotten so close to over these past weeks.

"I don't know what to do Frank...I really don't...a-and I don't want to be trouble for you either with all these...things have happened...I just don't know what to do I feel so stupidly lost and confused still even though I'm trying to just keep going and keep it together... " Blair was just scared to lean on anyone again, even though she was trying to/
She was becoming so small right in front of him and he was unsure after Blair had pulled away how much his touch was even wanted. So instead, Frank put himself to the task in simply listening as Blair poured her heart out to him.

Blair hadn’t talked to anyone yet about this and he nodded, completely understanding. He’d been there too with so many things. Just what Blair was doing now was a big step, a small peak, and Frank was relieved to hear that she wanted to open up to them. It was a sign of trust that they shouldn’t squander.

”I’ve felt the same way about my own turning, it can be really hard to talk about things sometimes,” he began, let that sit before moving to the big point here. ”But, Blair, you’re not any trouble and you’re not a burden regardless of what your mind is telling you. No one is perfect, hell I’m nothing close to a saint by any means, but we’re a family, we’re here for each other. You’re trying and even if that’s just getting through another day that’s a huge win that I’ll celebrate right along with you.”

Possible TW: talking of abuse ect

Blair was so used to having just herself to rely on, it was safer when she didn't have to worry about others and them possibly hurting her. It scared her to even let others have that bit of power over her again but she was trying to not fear her group that had taken her in, a total stranger to them all. They gave her trust so she was going to

"My mind... it keeps telling me that I will be sent away for the smallest mistakes...I lied before...about not having a family I do, I have parents but uhm...when my psychic powers came out right when I hit puberty they...they thought I was crazy. They medicated and even put me in a psych ward...I hurt a doctor there by accident because he wanted to sedate me but I blew it up in his hand and hurt him...from then on I don't remember a lot because I was just kept in a mental fog. I still saw ghosts, there was one who stayed by my side a lot because she knew I was so lonely, " Blair told him as she wiped her face.

"I ran away once they released me...I got my papers and such and stole a little money from my parents but...I ran away at fifteen and just kept running and doing odd jobs and just saving...so when I finally had what I was looking for; friends, a job, and finally...finally got my first apartment that didn't smell and then having to leave it all because I ran when I was told not too... it just makes me scared that you'll send me away to- at least that's what my head was saying...that my shifting as I did was going to cause me to be kicked out and you all would be so angry with me, " Blair told Frank, tears just rolling down her face as she did her best to explain why she was so scared, why the fear was just eating her alive right now no matter how much she was trying to ignore it.
Frank honestly hadn’t expected all of this to unload off of Blair’s chest, but here they were. She was scared she’d be sent away for a small mistake, something that they’d never do, but was hard to shake nonetheless. Apparently, Blair had parents, news to him and what was attached to that all deeply troubled him. She’d been heavily medicated, accidentally hurt her doctor… the ghost part no doubt some way for her mind to cope. All of this and of course she’d run away, probably terrified and feeling scorned. Blair was just a child though and his heart grew weary with the recount and how it all compounded to the fact she was scared she’d be forced to move away from being safe again.

There was so much to unpack and he found himself offering a steady hand to her shoulder again if she’d allow it, giving a squeeze. ”You’re right, your mind is a liar,” he said, drawing a smile that weighed right back down. ”I’m not angry at you, you did everything you could and I’m not going to send you away. Even if you weren’t Prowl, I wouldn’t do that Blair.” Not before and especially not now after she’d bared her heart to him.
Blair was trying to trust him, to put her faith in him and know that she wasn't going to be sent away for mistakes made. She truly was still learning, learning how to be an even better adult and now as well as a were. Being a psychic had been natural being this was not and she was struggling with the surge of emotions that often rose over her.

The feel of his hand on her shoulder had her looking up at him with her silvery-grey eyes as he said that, agreeing that her mind was lying to her about all of this. It felt nice to not be called crazy though! Then she smiled some at him and covered his hand with her own gently and leaned in, "Thank you...you don't know how much that means to me to hear it Frank...thank you, " she told him as she just held onto him, her eyes closed and she clung to him for a moment, her jaguar echoing her sentiment by some rough tongue licks to his neck and shoulder.
Silver met his own normal ones and the cat enveloped the other after a few licks in a crushing, smooshing body weight roll of affection. As she leaned into the touch and put his hand over his own, he could only give a soft smile back, mentally still sifting through everything she’d brought to light.

”Anytime,” he assured. ”You’re family.”
Family. That word hadn't overly been tossed around in her life, she left her family so long ago and had been aching to have one and people she could trust and lean on when things were hard. To not always be alone and scared that one wrong step was going to land her back out on the streets. She wasn't though, she was in a safe place. Vidya was letting her live with her and Frank was able to get to her before she did anything dangerous or terrible; well technically the cat who was rather interested in giving affection and attention to her hurt friend.

"I'm trying to understand what that means again and...it might take me a little time to understand it but I do know that I trust and care about all of you, " she told him as she held onto him still, her pounding heart having calmed down as she closed her eyes and just tried to calm herself the rest of the way; at least she couldn't shift from emotions right now.
A soft exhale came out as he gave a small nod. ”Take all the time you need,” he assured. It was the sort of thing that would come slowly and it had to be through Blair. All Rose View could do was be a steady, grounding presence that stayed steady in what he’d said.
Blair would nod at that, she would, she was trying- she even told Frank and he didn't get angry at her for hiding this part of her life from him which was honestly great. Now though, she probably should let Vidya know and even Andy as well but she didn't want them to panic or worry over her as well.

"Eventually...I-I'll tell the others but please, can it stay between us right now? I promise to tell them- probably Vidya sooner than Andy but uhm I'm really trying to get past that. I mean I know I'm safe, they can't do anything to me anymore but I still get nervous and scared over things, " she told him, trying to find the words to help him understand her quirks or why she was the way she was and that her hopes were that she'd be more open in time.
‘Eventually’ was a word that could cause a lot of problems depending on how long a thing stayed quiet, but it wasn’t his to tell. He gave a nod, following along, wishing there was more he could do to help with it all, but it was the sort solution where it was dependent on time and Blair.

”I promise. My lips are sealed. Vidya will only know about you shifting and that’s it.” Because you couldn’t exactly keep that part secret, but the rest was super personal and up to the young woman next to him.

He did the motion of zipping up his lips just for good measure before quirking a grin again after a moment. ”I know you must be starving. Do you want me to rustle up something?”
Blair would nod at what he said, about her knowing, she was ok with that, "Yea I kinda of guessed she'd learn about that. She's going to be worried, " she told him with a small smile at that. Vidya had grown on Blair by a lot and she was looking up to the woman, also her compassion and kindness helped a lot to with her.

His little motion of zipping his mouth had her starting to smile again and nodded, "Thank you, " she told him before feeling the knot in her stomach, "Please...you know I'll never get used to always feeling this hungry, " she told him with a slight laugh at that. Slowly, she'd let herself unfold from the bed and get up. Nothing felt wrong with her so the only one who didn't make it out without injury was Frank, "Want me to help? I may not be able to cook but I follow instructions pretty well, " she'd offer since he shouldn't really use that arm that the jaguar chewed on.
Glad she was alright with how things would lay, he nodded at the thanks.

As for the food question, he laughed lightly. ”Oh, I know,” he agreed. It was always like a cavernous pit in his own, especially after a shift.

The offer was a kind and even in normal circumstances who was he to say no to an extra pair of hands? ”That’d be a lot of help, thank you,” Frank agreed, making to stand. Heading over to the small kitchen area, he’d begin looking around, pulling out supplies for an off hour meal, grateful for the day being able to at least end on this note and not something a lot worse that Frank refused to consider more than he already had. Blair had gotten the help she needed in time and now, maybe going forward at least, would be able to slowly be able to accept even more in other ways. Frank would do his best to make it so at least.
Blair gave a bit of a smile at that, it was a relieved smile but also a tired one. She still had more inside that she hadn't let out but for now it was a start and really it was better than when she first joined and told them no on having any family at all.

Pushing her hair over her shoulder now, she would nod, "You're welcome, " she told him as she would walk with him and into the kitchen and would help him out however he directed her. It was nice just cooking with Frank, something simple and easy going that didn't really require much at all. Maybe there was a light at the end of this dark tunnel that she had been in for the past several weeks and that alone had her smiling a bit and just relaxing.