Muse Snake fact #5: They smell with their tongues
"Much as I'd love to syringe-stab rampaging supernaturals, I think I'll choose target practice." It was too risky—getting up close to a shifted were or bloodlusting vampire. Especially the latter, she'd found, as the former—with the exception of those who were freshly turned—usually had more sense in their damn brain.

But syringes could have their uses; they were more discreet.

She turned her attention back towards Rian. "What happens in the case of vampires using powers or suggesting patrons?" De-escalation and then use of force if necessary, she supposed.
"If you notice something like this, tap the sign with the rules." Red hummed with a soft smile. "And the rules are simple. This is a neutral space. No feeding or turning attempts allowed. No discrimination allowed, that includes interspecies discrimination."

He relaxed a bit.

"If they persist in doing what they're doing, you are more than invited to kick them out."
Simple.

She linked simple, liked concise; it left no room for misunderstandings.

"Understood."
Red smiled and continued the tour.

He showed her the cozy rooms, the activity area. The floor of the club itself and the bar. Showed the ropes, the tricks that made the place work.

And once it concluded, he looked a bit proud about what he's done with this place.
And really, it was impressive, what he'd done here—mighty so, especially considering the fact that he'd aimed for something inclusive here, for something neutral without the bullshit of politics tainting any of it. It was, for a lack of a better term, a breath of fresh air for someone who had no need to breathe, even if Amy was a firm believer that no one did anything out of the goodness of their heart alone.

And yet, what did he stand to gain here? Unless, of course, she was the proverbial fly in the flytrap, and this was some government-run operation to get supernaturals catalogued.

Somehow, she doubted it.

"What inspired all this?" Was what she chose to ask in the end. "I mean- it's not every day you come across a shifter interested in running an interspecies help group, much less one who's willing to work with vampires."
"I told you where I came from." Red said with a sigh. He clasped hands behind his back. "Some people were less lucky than I was. I saw how vampires struggle around here as well and I thought..."

A small shrug.

"Something has to change."
"And you're the one to instigate that change," she concluded, took a breath as she paused. "If the Initiative was a thing years ago, perhaps things would've played out differently for many of us." It wasn't said with resentment, but simply an understanding that one couldn't change what had already transpired.

"I'll support you, Rian; you just tell me how." Ruth would've liked him.
Years ago, Red has his own set of problems that he wished he had proper help to deal with...

He nodded with a bit of a sad smile.

"Help me keep this place safe, then. I'll also send the vampires that don't vibe with the old lady your way." The snake said.
It admittedly took her a split second to clock who the fuck the 'old lady' was—right- the ancient vampire.

But still, she nodded, crossing her arms over her chest. "What paperwork do you need me to sign?" Because there had to be something. They weren't doing this exactly off the books.
And so Red offered her a standard employment contract for the security job. Nothing more, nothing less.

He felt like this evening was rather satifying. He was glad he found someone truly dedicated here...
Simple man, simple rules, simple employment contract.

She was very much down for this.

Pleasant little (or big!) snake.