Hawknell Season's Drinkings
"Yes, I think so. Yes."

Another giggle as Mahnaz stretched her arms above her head and laid it against the pillow.

She took another sip of eggnog rum before leaning back completely to stare at her bare ceiling. Maybe she should decorate the ceiling sometime.

"We should dance."
Dancing seemed like an alright idea. He danced a lot as a drag queen. He nodded and stood up, albeit a little wobbly. "What kind of dance are we doing?" he asked, already starting to sway his body a bit.
"Teach me some old mating dance or whatever the fuck," She said with a grin.

"Like something from a ball."
He laughed at the mating dance. "We'd have to take our pants off if we were doing a mating dance," he said and then laughed harder.

It took a few moments for him to regain calmness and he thought about ballroom dancing- of which he knew fuck all. "I don't know any ballroom dances like the waltz or whatever. I was poor. We didn't have time for dancing."
Take his pants off! She hit him again, gently, on the shoulder and snorted.

But yeah okay. He didn’t know the waltz or anything like that.

"You didn’t dance… at all? What did you do for fun?"
You know- Ezra found that he didn't really feel like talking about his past- especially from when he was alive. He already was missing his family and some of the vampires that he'd considered something like family long ago. So, he didn't answer her. He instead just grabbed her hands and started doing some modern kind of club dances- mostly just moving his arms back and forth and making hers move back and forth too.
He didn’t answer her question or maybe he did? Through dance moves that felt more modern but who was to say what was modern!

Mahnaz laughed and danced with him, letting him move her around her small living room.
Well, at least she didn't repeat the question. At hearing her laugh, he felt better and laughed too. He started to hum Baby Got Back because it was funny to him and moved their arms to the beat.
Mahnaz snorted and hummed along with him. She wrapped her arms around his neck, always a little touchy-feely when intoxicated.

"You’re the best, Ez."

She grinned.
The humming continued with a little chuckle. But he liked the closeness and wrapped his arms around her waist as he continued humming. He nodded though, letting her know that he was the best.
Mahnaz closed the distance between them to give him a hug, glad she had a friend like Ezra in her life.

"Thanks for coming over."
He stopped humming at the hug so he could squeeze her back. "Thanks for having me over."
"Anytime."

Well, anytime he could walk outside anyway.

She continued to dance but remained close, just enjoying the intimacy. The scent of death permeated in her nostrils and the cheetah was on high alert but she ignored it all in favour of hanging out with her friend.
Ezra, too, enjoyed the closeness. He breathed her catty scent in deeply and spread his fingers out on her back to feel more of her warmth. "You're so hot," he said, slightly slurred. And then laughed. "I mean, like, your body temperature."
Mahnaz laughed.

"Are you saying I’m not attractive?!" She snorted, teasing obviously.

He was decidedly quite cold.
Ezra laughed. "Oh no, I've dug myself into a hole," he said and pulled away from her to look at her. "You're very attractive, too." Honesty was the best policy after all.
Mahnaz grinned, blushing a little, feeling far too flirtatious in her drunken state than what was good for her! Remember: you liked someone else, Mahnaz!

Also you were both intoxicated.

"Hmmm. Okay. You’re forgiven."
"Oh, good," he said with a light laugh. He looked at her and hated the way he felt towards her right now. Since wasn't interested in him and they were just friends. To try to help himself from thinking of her as anything else, he moved his hand up to boop her nose. "Boop," he said in a high pitched voice and then laughed, happy that it seemed to help him a bit.
Mahnaz snorted and buried her face in his chest for a moment, getting a good whiff of corpse.

"I can’t believe you just booped me." She mumbled into his sweater, the sound muffled.
He chuckled once more and wrapped his arms around her again as she pressed her face against him. He loved how warm she felt against him and thought about the time he'd spent in the woods with the stranger were.

But oh! That was not something he should be thinking about!

He quickly stepped away from her and because it was such a sudden reaction, he had to think fast on why he'd done that. "We should have a snowball fight!" was what he came up with.
It was nice for a few seconds. Standing still in her living room just hugging another human being. Sort of, anyway.

Then he separated from her quickly. She raised an eyebrow as she looked at him, meeting his gaze.

"A snowball fight?"

She laughed.

"But it’s so cold out!"
Well, that was true. And while she was warmer than normal people and psychics, she could still get cold in ways he couldn't. It was too bad indoor snowball fights would just be messy. "Well, what do you suggest?"
Mahnaz laughed and started to put on her boots.

"We can have a snowball fight! But no using your power like Elf."
Oh, so she was actually okay with being cold! That was good!! He laughed. "I promise."
"Alright, good."

She grinned and retrieved her coat and outside things from the closet near the door, wrapping a scarf around her neck.

"How do I look?"
"Stunning," he answered, clearly meaning it. But he threw in a grin for good measure. Since he couldn't feel the cold, he was already ready to go with just his sweater and jeans. "Okay, let's go!" he said, grabbing her hand to pull her to her door.
Mahnaz giggled and followed along, grabbing her keys and phone on the way out, locking the door behind them.

"Where are we going?"
Ezra looked back at her in the hallway. "Figured we could just have a snowball fight right outside your building." He hadn't planned on going to another location. They were both drunk or high, so driving was kinda out. Unless they took an uber.

"Unless you wanna Uber somewhere with more space."
"No, that makes sense!" Mahnaz grinned through the complex feelings she was having about Ezra. About Antony. About being drunk with Ezra!
"Okay!" he said. And soon enough, they were down the four flights of stairs and outside.

And Ezra wasn't going to wait. He wasn't going to tap into his powers, but he did quickly gather up snow, formed it into a ball, and chucked it in Mahnaz's direction.

It missed her by a mile. But he was also still high.
Mahnaz snorted as it missed her and gathered up some snow to throw back at him.

She missed too, for the record. Also too drunk.
Nothing better than two drunken idiots outside stupidly hurling snowballs at each other. Ezra laughed as Mahnaz missed him. For his next snowball, he took careful aim-

and still missed.

miss

Mahnaz doubled over with laughter when he missed her again and reached for some more snow.

She took aim and then slipped and fell on some ice!

Big miss

Ezra wasn’t even waiting for her to throw another one before he already had a snowball ready to go. He chucked it in her general direction and whapped her right on the ground.

"Oh!" he started, realizing now she was in the ground. "Are you okay?" He started towards her now.

hit

Mahnaz was hit in her side with a snowball when she was already down. She rolled onto her back and laughed, watching as her breath steamed in the air above her.

"Yeah!"

She held a thumbs up.
Ezra got over next to her and slid on the ice too. If he wasn’t high, he probably could’ve been more agile and stopped himself from falling. But he was high.

And so he slid and fell, landing next to Mahnaz, just barely missing landing on her.
"Oh my god! You good, Ez?"

She asked, biting down on a laugh as he landed beside her.
He’d face planted when he fell, which had hurt a bit, but he assumed he was fine. He laughed and rolled over to his back, hands instinctively going to where the bullet in his gut would be, to check that it hadn’t somehow shot out of him. But all was fine.

At least with his bullet. The ice had caused a cut on his forehead, and the black sludge of old blood oozed slowly from it. "All good!" he still said, unaware of the head wound.
Mahnaz gasped when she saw the blood. Was it… black?!

Could be bad lighting.

She rolled on her side and reached out to touch his face.

"You’re bleeding!"
Ezra looked at her confused, but when he felt warm fingers on his head, he brought his own hand up to touch his head. As he pulled it away and looked, he stated the obvious: "Oh, yeah, guess I am."
Well, that was the fastest snowball fight in the history of snowball fights.

"C’mon. Let’s go inside and fix that. I have a first aid kit in the bathroom."

She hadn’t been able to go to medical school but she still knew some basics!
Ezra nodded and slowly got to his feet. "I think the ice won that match."

He gave a light chuckle as they made their way back inside, back up the four flights of stairs to Mahnaz’s apartment.
Indeed it did!

Mahnaz led the way back up the stairs to her apartment, feeling a little, hmm. Different? Like emotionally charged and she didn’t know why.

"Come in," She stated, kicking off her boots and snow gear, moving further into her apartment to the bathroom to get her kit. Why did this feel weird? Why was her heart suddenly beating a little faster in her chest? Probably just the fucking alcohol and the adrenaline from outside. Her face was naturally flushed from coming in from the cold.
Hey, it was super attractive how much Mahnaz was taking control of the situation. Not that Ezra would voice that. Instead, he followed like some little lost puppy and would do as instructed.
"Have a seat on the couch," She instructed as she emerged from the bathroom, kit in hand. Feeling flustered and confused!

>:O
He nodded and went over to her couch, sitting in the edge of it rather than lounging back.

He moved his hand from his head so she could take care of the wound.

Ezra felt like something was different with her, though he couldn’t exactly figure out what it was. But just to be in the safe side in case she was worried about him, "I’m alright. It’s nothing serious."
"Good," Mahnaz replied quietly as she pulled out an alcohol swab to clean the wound first.

"Is it okay if I clean it first?"

She asked as she sat on the coffee table in front of him.
Ezra nodded. "Do what you feel is necessary."
"Okay."

She took the swab to his face, dabbing the wound gently to clean it as her other hand rested on his cheek.
Ezra sat still, eyes on her face as she worked.