deep meaning about plants
He had decided he wanted to get Jaya something.

A gift, of sorts. Fresh herbs that could be tended to and grown over time. Maybe it was some sort of subconscious statement. Growing together, a cozy plant that would provide. Too bad he did not think so hard on it.

But he had heard of this place, without a doubt, which made it the easiest option to venture into. Only he had like. Just realized he didn't actually know what plant to get. What would she actually get the most use out of?

Quickly he looked around for somebody who worked here — or somebody who unfortunately looked like they worked here.
Fung something. Sway? He didn't fucking know. His daughter had talked about it years back before she left, and since he was apparently in the business of walking down memory lane lately, he ended up here.

A plant would bring 'atmosphere' and 'get rid of lonely thoughts' or some dumb hippie garbage. Who fucking knew. Maybe this guy who was looking at him already.

"Hey, what's a good plant?"
Him?

Know what a good plant was.

"Uhh," He suddenly felt compelled to give an answer. As if he fucking knew anything about plants. "For...what purpose? Cooking? House plant?"

Those were the only two plants he knew!
“Yeah I guess like a house plant. I think?”

What the actual fuck was it called. Fang Shwah? It was ridiculous that he couldn’t remember, he’d just just fucking looked it up.

At least he remembered the purpose.

“Something to like, make my time at home feel better. A better atmosphere or some shit.”
Oliver's job was not this.

It was actually so far from this! But somehow he was here and leaving suddenly felt worse than giving dogshit answers.

"Are you familiar with succulents?"

He knew nothing beyond trendy pictures he had seen on the internet.
Saul's brain went to strange places when he heard the word succulents. A lot of very wet imagery.

So to answer Oliver's question;

"No, I don't know what the hell that even means."