Ridgefield Fancy Pants

Looks+Outfit

Kalypso had gone all out for this, why? Because her father was rich and he was paying for what he'd done and how he'd turned her life upside down and such. She was still hurting mentally over it and really needed to get the umph too talk to both her sisters but she had no idea how that would go at all.

Taking a breath though, she would let the uber drop her off, getting out of it, she'd adjust her coat and head on to the entrance where she'd check it in before adjusting her purse. Inside she would head to the front to check in for a party of two; if she had beaten Tom here.

Insisting on waiting though, she'd step off to the side and pull out her phone and look through it while also taking a discrete selfie of herself because she felt stunning right now and hoped that Tom would approve of the whole look she went for.

The Tux Not the pose

Tom was still somewhat surprised to find himself en route to a fancy restaurant, in a tuxedo of all things. He hoped a tuxedo was appropriate attire but when he'd looked up the restaurant Kaly found it seemed fancy and old-fashioned enough to certainly appreciate the effort that went into a bowtie. Not that Tom had tied his own, he wouldn't know where to start, Rory had seen to making it perfect.

Rory had seen to everything, talking Tom through what to expect and how to behave. Everything a guardian ought to do. Filling in the gaps in Tom's knowledge having spent most of his teenage and adult life far too poor to visit restaurants. Never mind the sort of palace this place was. Tom was still not entirely sure he knew what was going to face him there but he was confident, for now at least, that he could get by without embarrassing himself or Kaly.

He'd slipped in shortly after her and stood looking bewildered at a light fitting that Tom suspected was worth more than his life. He thought Rory's house was fancy but he had nothing as glittery as the chandeliers he could see. Then again Rory didn't seem to go in for overly showy pieces. He liked simple things albeit of undeniable quality. with his coat checked in he nervously approached the Maitre-de and gave his name.

Then he spotted Kaly and she looked as radiant as the chandelier. Tom was glad of that, he'd hate to have overdressed.

He approached her with a wide smile and whispered excitedly "This place is so fancy" Then with his smile turning into a smirk he straightened up and attempted to sound proper "I believe our table is ready Ms. Amur"
Kaly would soon then spot her date; it was a friend date after all so she would just walk the little distance to him as he approached as she smiled at him. "Look at you Tom! You look...wow, amazing, " she complimented him with a smile as she would reach and hook her arm around his when he said that.

"I do believe it is Mr.Moore, shall we? " she would ask him curiously with a bit of a cheeky smile as she would let the server lead them up to their private table. It was beautifully laid out on a champagne-colored table cloth. The view they had was over the city and seeing what all was going on out there, a smile on her face at the sight before she would set her purse down to the side of the table before smoothing her skirt so that she could sit as the waiter pulled her chair out.

"Thank you, can we have the wine menu please? " Kaly would ask as the waiter gave a brusque nod before heading off to get that while she looked at Tom, "How was your week? " she'd ask curiously, unrolling the silverware from the napkin and then carefully spreading it out over her lap.
Tom smiled broadly as Kaly moved over to close the distance with him. "So do you, that dress is very nice, you look like a million dollars" he smiled "Rory helped me get scrubbed up" He replied as he took Kaly's arm "We seem to fit right in ... which I will admit is a surprise in my case, I've never been somewhere so fancy"

"We shall" he smiled as they walked back over to the maitre-de to take up their table. What a table it was looking out over the city. light reflecting in crystal glass forming a beacon of champagne cloth. He waited patiently as Kaly sat herself down before he too settled. tucking himself in and taking in the view. This was such a surreal world, Tom could probably pay his rent the whole year with just the silverware on the table. Tom needed something to pay his rent pretty sharpish.

Tonight though was about having a night off from worry and stress and pretending that he was a wealthy carefree playboy.

"Wine is a good call" He smiled "Erm sorry I mean, Wine will present a fitting accompaniment to our dinner" He corrected with a grin. "My week was pretty good, had a little summoning accident but Rory looked after me" he smiled "Rory is looking after me alot which is nice with Nate missing in action" he replied "Any improvement for you ?" he asked as he spread his own napkin out.

When the wine list arrived Tom would express a preference for white wine.
Kaly was all smiles with him, he cleaned up handsomely and from what he was telling her Rory had done a smashing job at gussing him up to the nines. "Rory did a very good job and that look, you look natural like that, " she complimented as she would smooth out her skirt a little again as it felt rather short.

She took a moment to just get settled and smoothed out as Tom took in the scene from here, it was perfect. She would love to take someone here as a real date one day, that would be amazing in her book.

It was very hard to bite back a laugh as he corrected himself, "Indeed it does sound splendid for this evening, does it not? " she added on, playing into it more as really it was just fun to do so. The summoning accident had a worried look crossing her face, "I'm glad you're ok. You know if he can't get to you fast enough, you can always call me Tom; alright? " she promised him. It didn't matter what she was doing, she'd happily help him.

Kaly would order herself a glass of rose' while taking the appetizer menu and Tom also getting one, "Not much...I figure you should know something about me as well...I'm not a psychic like you but I am not human either, " she told him as she would order shrimp and lobster civiche'.
Kaly's smiling disposition was always such a fine foil to the sheltered shy way Tom usually dealt with the world. Even he could not help but be boosted by the glow of her grinning. There was probably some science in it brain chemicals or something but Tom liked to think it was more soul-based. That he and Kaly were just meant to be a team. A platonic connection of souls. Like modern historians wished the ancient greeks had been.

Tom glanced into the mirror ... no, no fancier the looking glass as Kaly declared him a natural in a tux. He stared for what felt like forever, he didn't often linger in the mirror anymore. A sort of enforced carelessness, not that it stopped him being fussy, after all his years in the ordered regime of his foster parents. "I do, don't I?" he mumbled in surprise. He shouldn't be surprised because Rory was a genius but ... Tom didn't think he belonged in such nice clothing. Clearly as with many things tom was wrong "Rory is showing me whole new worlds ... you are too, It's been a little crazy this past year ... I mean it has been hectic"

God Tom speak in fancy words. they are going to throw you out for not owning a thesaurus

"It does, it does" he smiled back settling into enjoyment at playing the part of a posh gentleman "The only snag is that we must decide between so many fine vintages ... that's the benefit of juices and sodas, All the versions of one type taste the same ... pretty much" He was smiling but of course as talk moved to describe, in brief, his accident he frowned at the concern he'd caused "It was okay, I just couldn't see. It got me a very tender cuddle from Rory and lots of TLC though so I can't complain too much but Thank you, I will remember that the same goes for you of course ... though I can't promise I won't make things worse by adding fire into the mix"

They were required to order then ... troubling. Tom didn't know most of these dishes. He was just glad the menu wasn't in french. Added to that of course was the explanation Kaly was giving him about not being human. It was a cold heavy panic that set in thankfully leaving no fire in its wake. He nodded nervously at Kaly then mumbled the beginnings of his order Rosé like Kaly. He liked Rosé best and Pâté to start. He knew what that was at least.
It took a fair amount for her to just be this positive but her friends and her living environment played a big part of that with her. If she didn't have those people that she surrounded herself with, she was positive things wouldn't be as positive as they were now for her.

The sudden claim that Tom made had her beaming, she wasn't sure he would have complimented himself like that weeks ago but the fact that he did was incredible, "You do, like a handsome present wrapped in a suit, " she told him with a smile. A little blush rose to her cheeks at him saying how even she had helped him as Rory had been, that was so sweet of him! Really, he just wanted to be that friend where he could trust and know that nothing he did would freak her out; I mean come on, she turned into a furball regularly, hard to freak her out. " I agree with that...it's been a heck of a year, hasn't it?" she said in agreement as she would cross an ankle behind the other.

It was hard to not giggle at that, nodding in agreement, "Or the fine roast of coffee or the well brewed cup of tea...this is a whole different world, " she told him in agreement. Still she frowned at how hard he had it with being a psychic, the downside sounded horrible. "I think the worst I'd call for is asking for a ride i I woke up in a random place in the woods, " she told him with a bit of a joking laugh. The fire part still didn't bother her really.

The look on his face was a bit of enough of a tell for her to know that he was probably worried about what she might say. Once the waiter left with their appetizers, she would play with the spoon, "I'm a shifter Tom...I have been since we met. It's part of the chaotic year I've had myself, I went on vacation and a rascal of a snow leopard bite me, " she told him with an annoyed frown at that one. She was mostly annoyed at the cheek of that leopard now because really, she couldn't imagine herself as anything but a were now.
A heck of a year indeed. But one which Tom himself could admit had not been all bad. Parts had been horrible but then others had been wonderful, meeting Kaly and Rory being clear highlights in amongst the hell of the vampire attack and of course Nate going missing. Tom didn't use words like heck even when he was not pretending to be a trust fund baby but he did smile and nod. "Not all bad but definitely eventful" He replied. He felt like he was turning corners though and making his way out of the shadows. Things felt mostly good right now despite everything.

Tom finally felt deserving of the praise he had given himself. He had the validation of knowing people other than his brother thought he had worth.

OOH, Tea. Tom bet they had great tea at a fancy place like this. He almost wanted to skip the whole meal just for that ... but then of course he'd miss the wine and that would be a shame indeed. They did not dwell on nice things like tea and wine though, Kaly had been understandably curious about the accident "The Skin flare-ups from the fire are worse" he sighed noting her smile "Thankfully I know how to minimize the impact the side effects have on me now" he'd been dealing with them for years. It was his turn to frown when Kaly replied to tell him what the worst she could ask of him was.

He had two reasons to frown. The first confusion as to why Kaly would find herself waking up in a random place in the woods, did she sleepwalk? I suppose Tom would find out she did, in a manner speaking, in a few short moments. The second was regret, Tom couldn't drive so he couldn't really help her with a ride unless Rory was available.

The frown was only deepened by having to order and of course Kaly's bombshell. Tom was speechless for a moment. Fear gripped his stomach, shock too but not so badly. This was not reassuring news of course but Kaly was his best friend and he trusted her. There were no nasty fires or feelings of nausea though he did need a mouthful of wine. "A Shifter as in a werewolf ?" he asked before correcting himself "Were ... Snow leopard?"

That explained the forest thing.

Tom wasn't about to bolt and he was pretty sure he was safe he just had to process it in his head. If he wasn't supernatural himself he might well have assumed he was dreaming. It was a surreal revelation.

"Thank you for telling me" he added after because it seemed the right thing to do and he was sure it hadn't been easy for his friend. His hand reached across the table to Kaly's though he couldn't say it yet he wanted her to know it was all okay.
Kaly did give a smile to that and a nod, "Very eventful for sure, it hasn’t been a boring year I will say that " she said with a laugh as she would reach for the glass that was given to her and take a sip. Nodding at that, "I like this one, " she told the waiter. Basically, she would drink just this tonight along with water while she tried to not get drunk or anything- oh wait…she should be fine honestly. given her metabolism.

A small frown was on her face as she looked at him with concern over that, "That’s not good…does nothing help protect and ease it after? The cool clothes seemed to help but is there something better? " she’d ask him curiously. Mostly, she wanted to keep it on hand whenever she was around him so that it could be of use if he needed it. She hated that a part of him was also hurting him and it made her sad for him. "I’m glad you do, you’ve had it for a while then? This ability? " she asked curiously.

Now she waited for his reaction to her big bombshell news. She had never told another that wasn't a were or a vampire who smelt her out. It made her a little uncomfortable but she wasn’t going to out anyone, never would she do that but herself? She felt she could trust Tom to not go around talkin’ about it. "Yea, a were snow leopard. No wolf just a big fluffy and sometimes stupid cat, " she told him with a slight chuckle, "I promise your safe, she likes you, " she told him wanting to just assure him that he was in no danger from her in the slightest with Snowie.

A small smile was on her lips at his thanks, her head nodding a little bit.

"You trusted me with your secret, which I can’t imagine was easy and so I’m trusting you with something that I’ve had. I used to not like her at all but now…now It's better, " she’d assure him on that one. It was hard at first but now, now she was rather happy and felt safe with those she could lean on.
Tom Nodded his head to the waiter "I do too" he said softly it was a nice wine and if he and Kaly were drinking the same it was just easier for everyone. Tom had something of an odd relationship with alcohol at times. Perhaps even a problematic relationship. He'd never drunk himself into a stupor well ... not more than once, so he wouldn't call himself a binge drinker and though there were times when he drank a few times a week there were also times when he could go a whole year without drinking. So he wouldn't call himself an alcoholic. Maybe he used alcohol as too big of a crutch though.

Tom shook his head slightly "Not really it sorts itself out, sometimes fast sometimes not" He explained "When my skin is raw I normally put burn cream on it which soothes it a bit, Rory makes his own aloe cream though and that really helps especially when he rubs it in for me ... then it's extra relaxing which helps clear it up faster it seems" He explained Rory was very good at calming him down and making him feel calm and relaxed. "The cool clothes helped too" He agreed Mostly it's just a case of waiting it out when it happens.

"I got the fire when I was ten" he replied "So thirteen years" he added after working it out "Then the summoning came when I was thirteen so that one has been there for ten years" He explained "The summoning is less horrible to me, even when it goes wrong"

"She likes me ?" Tom replied back carefully following the bombshell. He didn't know if Kaly was talking over herself in the third person. If so he was glad she liked him. she was his best friend. He didn't know what he'd do if she didn't like him. The other option was that to Kaly it was like she and her were-cat alter were separate people. Perhaps they were. It was a little much for Tom to fathom and he thought it best-left un probed for now. He had plenty to get his head around already.

He didn't feel unsafe, he trusted Kaly implicitly. It was just ... just a lot.

Tom nodded again at Kaly's further explanation. In truth, he hadn't been able to think of any way he could explain what had happened that night without just telling the truth. It felt insensitive to say that though. It would imply to Kaly that he didn't really want her to know. He was glad she knew. He was glad he knew about her alter too. "I'm glad you told me" he smiled "I'm glad we both know each other this well ..." he hesitated over how to phrase the next part "Is there ... erm ... anything I need to ... be careful of?" he asked. It sounded blunt and insensitive as if Kaly was some walking hazard but he could think of no other way to ask what he meant.
The waiter would nod for them and then leave to get their appetizers which were promptly brought out for them to enjoy. It would be then Kalypso would order their surf n turf array with a mix of lobster and tiger prawns and two different cuts of steak and veg. She was hungry thinking about it but the appetizer was perfect for the moment as she would then take a bite from it before sipping her wine.

Listening, she would give a nod to him as she took a bite and also another mental note on how he took care of his burns that he would get from his ability. It sounded horribly annoying to deal with but he sounded as if he had a good system in place to help counter what went on with it and so that was a comfort, "I'm really glad he helps you and is able to make that for you as well; I might have to ask for a jar of it from him so that I can keep it on hand as a just in case when were together and for myself...kitchens, " she said with a little laugh as she took another bite.

Nodding a little at that, "Wow...that's a long time, " she told him, her eyes wide in surprise to how he was able to deal with it for so long. It was incredible, she felt even happier that she had the chance to meet him now since that struggle through the years couldn't have been easy.

"Yes. See...she's always there, she's her own self who lives inside me to put it simply and I can tell what she feels. Most times were in tune for that- more so lately, " she told him as she took another bite as he asked his question and she would give a nod.

"Uhm...no silver. It'll hurt me but really that's it. You've seen how I eat and that's thanks to her...it takes a lot to be able to deal with being this; calorie wise at least, " she told him with a slight laugh as she took another bite, "What about you? Anything else I should be warier of for you or things that might hurt you? "
"Thank you" Tom replied so quietly his words were practically mouthed. The waiter's bowties and proper composure made them intimidating. They were so poised and sure of themselves. He debated just ordering what Kaly had but there was no way he had the appetite to match her. Instead, he ordered a considerably smaller meal of rump steak, 8oz, and some fries. He could manage that. It was quite decadent enough without seafood. All that ordering he needed a little wine to recover.

With that done he settled back into talking with Kaly and started on his appetizer. Eating Pate reminded him of his foster family's dinner parties. This was nicer than those had been though. He'd had no friends at the dinner parties and the food was less nice when his foster parents cooked it. Plus he didn't have a Rory to discuss with a friend then. Even if they were discussing Rory helping him with something horrid he still felt warm to have him on his mind "I'm sure he'll be happy to share the recipe with you" he smiled. He was a tad confused about the 'kitchens' statement but he figured that Kaly meant for when she burned herself in the kitchen.

"It is" He smiled "One would've hoped all that time would make me better with the fire but it still scares me and resists letting me control it" He chuckled self-deprecatingly. It had been a struggle but things were looking up now.

Tom listened with a slight tilt of his head as Kaly explained her relationship with Snowie. It sounded like quite a lot to handle. Tom was glad he didn't have a wild beast cohabiting his body. He could not see that going well for him. At least they were in sync. "I'm glad you can live together harmoniously"

"Oh silver, I'll have to be careful of that then," he said, he'd have to remember that if Rory bought him jewelry. Rory bought him a lot of things. "There's nothing I need to be careful of that a human doesn't" he replied "Sometimes things set on fire when I get spooked or overwhelmed ..." He had a mouthful of Pate and thought of something he thought might amuse Kaly "Rory tickled me and I nearly set something on fire on valentines day so erm ... don't tickle me"
Kalypso would take small bites of her appetizer and then sips of her wine. She wasn’t at all intimidated by others around them, she was growing more confident and realized more and more that she was ok with having sisters but really, she wasn’t ok with what her father had done. That was unforgivable and she knew that she’d need to talk to both her sisters soon.

A smile rose to her lips at that, nodding happily as he said that, "I’ll be happy to have it around, you never know when that could come in handy really, " she told him with a little smile at that. She would take another bite, her mind drifting to what this Rory was like though, he sounded perfect really. Perfectly kind and amazing and she only hoped it wasn’t fake and that was her true nature and it would never change. She just wanted Tom to be happy.

Her shoulders would shrug at that, "Control though takes time; years even. Heck, I’m pretty sure you have more control than I do over Snowie. I’d bet that with you in a heartbeat. The more you grow comfortable and confident with it, the better I think, you’ll be a master at it in no time, " she told him with a little smile at that. She was positive and hopeful for him; just as she was for herself with her own animal.

"She’s a big baby…but she’s given me a new sense of confidence I didn’t have before so I guess I kinda love her now, " she told him with a little laugh. Snowie though would just purr happily and she could feel the affection from the feline growing inside her now. It felt so good really, to not be at odds with her.

"Thanks…I’ve not yet touched it but I was warned pretty early on that it could cause a lot of damage so I’ve avoided it as best as I could, " she told him with a slight groaning sound. She would be taking another bite before her eyes went wide and she had to cover her mouth, "Oh no! You need a shirt that says’ tickle me at your own risk’ I’m just saying, " she told him with a laughing smile, "Mm you know, if you actually manage to scare me, it can pop me right into a shift, it’s bad but kind of funny at the same time, " she told him with a little smile, "Would you ever want to meet Snowie? I can promise you’d be safe, " she told him as she would take another bite.
Tom kept his attention fixed on the food and especially the wine. Hoping that it might provide some insulation to him. He if he focused on the fancy liquid and the stupifying effect it would have on him soon enough he could ignore the crowds around them. Turn the background chatter of the restaurant into white noise.

"That is very true ... especially now that we are hanging out" He chuckled. Trying to mask his insecurity with levity. The lotion Rory made really was very good. Perhaps the magic he poured into his plants made his aloe even more potent. Then again it could all be a placebo effect and the lotion just felt better than it was to Tom because it came from Rory.

Kaly was very positive and optimistic about Tom's ability to get to grips with the fire. Tom did not share her enthusiasm and he was not sure whether Kaly really did have less control over Snowie than he did over the fire. So far only one of them had accidentally let their supernatural part show and it had not been Kaly. Still, he wasn't going to argue. Mainly because he did not know for sure how much control Kaly had and two because debating things was stressful. Confrontation even at it's lowest and most friendly level made Tom feel icky.

'No' might be a letter shorter than 'Yes' but those two letters had a colossal weight to them.

His uncomfortable silence soon broke back into a smile though as Kaly discussed her newfound confidence "That is good" he beamed chuckling slightly "I'm glad you are finding the benefits of the situation" Tom wondered what Kaly had been like before Snowie, from the first time they had met she hadn't seemed shy. Then again everyone who left the house and said more than 5 words felt more confident than him.

Tom shook his head with a chuckle at the talk of him getting a T-Shirt warning people not to tickle him "Don't say that around Rory, you'll give him ideas" he urged silently making a mental note not to alarm or surprise Kaly. Not that he would do so on purpose anyway. shocks were not fun experiences. The question of meeting Snowie had him pondering for a moment. Meeting a were .... cat. Sounded scary but then the Cat was Kaly and he believed her when she said he'd be safe "Sure if she wants to meet me and it's safe" he smiled "Erm ... I mean it would be my pleasure to accept the invitation".

As he turned his attention to his cutlery Tom had a scary thought. They were in a fancy restaurant, fancy places normally used silver cutlery. Silver could hurt Kaly. Flinching he reached across the Table "Kaly the cutlery" he gasped hoping he warned her in time. He did not want her getting hurt.
Sipping from her glass, she would relax at the little bit of warmth that came from it so she would take frequent little sips from her cup between bites. It was good so far, the wine being the best quality and the ceviche being so fresh and zesty!

"Mmhmm! " she told him with an agreeing nod as she would try and get ahold of Rory soon then. She wanted to make sure that Tom felt safe in all situations and if something were to happen, then she’d be able to help him better than Snowie just saying ‘lick the wound’. That wouldn’t help and was totally unsanitary.

Telling him about the benefits was a lot better than talking about the downsides. The pain that came with shifting, the disorientation of surprise shifts or the danger of shifting in random areas on accident. The odd metal allergy or even her intense appetite that demanded she eats more than a pregnant woman. She wouldn’t fully go into those so as to keep him from worrying over her.

"I think if I didn’t, I would have gone nuts, " she said with a small laugh, "You met me right as I was starting to understand everything better. In the beginning of it all, I was way too in denial and stubborn about it but now…well it’s a part of me, and the most I accept it, the better. " she told him as she would take another bite.

An impish grin crossed her face at that, "Who says it’s a bad idea though? " she told him with a little chuckle as she took another bite as she waited now to see if he ever wanted to meet that other part of her or if he wasn’t wanting to.

Tom would go to surprise her and make her smile and nod, "She does and I promise, it’s pretty safe. I’ll give you some catnip to make extra sure but she’s never hurt anyone, " she would promise him. No, so far she had been a rather pacifist of a wild cat but Kaly knew that alone could change in the right situation but he didn’t need to know that. "She does, she’s almost popped out on a couple of occasions; namely, when you accidentally started the fire because she was worried and doesn’t really understand what happened, " as smart as Kaly was, Snowie was still an animal who was still learning about many things.

She would take a sip of her wine again before stopping at Tom reaching across the table before she even thought to touch the cutlery. Oh. She would look at it, her brows furrowed now as she would feel tension inside her as her hand trembled a little, "Shoot… " she whispered as she would reach down to pick up the wrapped silverware and hold it for a moment before taking a deep breath and closing her eyes tightly as she pressed the tip of her finger against the tongs of the fork and…nothing. Nothing happened.

Kalypso would open her eyes and stare down, her finger still against the fork tines, and then would look up at him, "Fake. Fake silver; why do I feel suddenly cheated? " she told him, perplexed but honestly grateful since she wasn’t about to burn her hands on a toxic metal.
Tom smiled at the knowledge he'd met Kaly as she got used to everything. "That's probably a good thing, I doubt all the talk of vampires we had that first meeting would have caused an accident of epic proportion when things were still volatile.

He could see the headlines in his mind 'Alder heights college car park consumed in a mass inferno of exploding cars', 'Rumours of singed leopard in college prank gone wrong ?'. Lucky for all that it hadn't happened.

Then they were on to the merits of the warning T-shirt. That topic made him laugh perhaps a little loud for the restaurant and he leant in. "I do" he chuckled "I'd be embarrassed"

Tom was glad of the added details about Snowie. "Sounds good, we can find a spot and I can meet her, catnip and all" he smiled, it would be good to meet a were in animal form. Might make the idea less scary. "I'm sorry about the fire, It's getting worse but someone I met is going to help me deal with it. Train me up a bit and hopefully make it safer to be around" He didn't want to roll the dice on hurting people and now it was becoming clear that might happen.

Worry was carved into Toms features as he watched Kaly pick up the fork and poke it. She seemed fine though ... No screams of pain or signs of injury. That was a relief. It had implications of course. Ones Kaly articulated first. They had been cheated. It was lucky but also appealing. Probably. Silver wasn't something Tom really cared about but well ... he thought he was getting it and he wasn't.

"We have" he smirked "Do you think we should complain?" He mused "Tell them you are a silver expert and I am a resturaunt critic? ... " was that fraud. Tom would never suggest something so audacious in real life but this place didn't feel real. They were playing a game and being snobs who pulled up tiny things seemed the next step.

"At least you can eat I suppose" He added calmly.
Oh she remembered that all too well, remembered how Snowie had wanted to get out and hunt down that vampire who had hurt him. It still made her angry, "I'm glad I had control then...when I was new to it I kept shifting in my bedroom and eating my bed, " she told him with a wince, "And I still want to find that vampire I hope you know... " she told him as she took another bite before sipping her drink.

A little giggle left her as he said that, a smile on her face as she nodded, "Alright, alright, no shirt then, " she told him, giving him a playfully dramatic sigh. The smile on her face hopefully gave away that she didn't mind at all and was only teasing him right now.

That would make her think for a moment, where was a good safe place for him to meet Snowie where he'd be safe and where she could roam without issues, "How about in Hawknell, near the Fringes close to the river? It's pretty safe there and you won't be too far from people and out in the woods with something that wants nothing more than to cuddle you to death, " she told him with a bit of a laugh. She would also make sure it wasn't at all close to a full moon, during that time she could make no promises to how her cat would be but away from it, she could do a little better of one thankfully.

The fact that her skin didn't burn and hurt actually made her frown, she had totally spaced about the silverware being actual silver and yet they cheaped out! They shouldn't with how much they charge for just a single appetizer, they could afford gold plated silverware at this rate. Looking at the spoon, she gave a little smile to Tom and nodded, "One sec, I have an idea, " she told him as she would flag down a waiter now and putting on her sweetest smile as she held the spoon up.

"Can you tell me why these aren't actual silver, please? "

The waiter, looking surprised, cleared his throat, "That is because they are stainless steel with the filigrees decorated in white gold...more hygienic than actual silver cutlery, Ma'am," he would reply with ease.

Kalypso would give a nod and smile at that, "Thank you for answering sir, " she told him before looking to Tom while biting her lip a little bit at that as he walked away, "Ok, at least they're a little fancy and yes...I won't burn my mouth, " she told him with a laugh as she would cover her mouth to keep from laughing too loudly but she wanted to.
"Hmm Beds the hottest diet trend for modern weres" Tom joked "What does bed taste like? and how many calories are they?" he asked with as serious an expression as could be maintained while asking such a ridiculous question. Then they were on the topic of the vampire and his expression was serious for real "I know" he said. He appreciated the sentiment but he didn't want to think of the terrifying girl in red. Or the lingering weeks of injury she'd caused.

Some more wine was drunk and talk was back on nice topics ... like Tom being reduced to a flammable ball of laughter. He nodded "I appreciate it" He smiled "Besides Socks would be the better place to put the warning ... definitely don't tell Rory that though" he laughed. He knew it was all only playful.

"Hawknell sounds good, it's not too far from home for me, and your right it's quiet" He agreed "You just let me know when Snowie has a gap in her calendar" he chuckled. Part of him was excited for his first meeting with a were, a little scared too but mostly excited. He trusted he'd be safe though. He knew Kaly would never put him in harm's way.

As Kaly called the waiter over Tom sat up so as to look proper. You had to look important while complaining. Or at least that's what he'd gathered from watching others. Tom lacked the self-confidence to complain. He didn't speak as the waiter came over and tried his best to keep his expression neutral and slightly haughty. Think like a rich person Tommie ... but like a snobby rich person, not a Rory rich person.

Kalypso would give a nod and smile at that, "Thank you for answering sir, " she told him before looking to Tom while biting her lip a little bit at that as he walked away, "Ok, at least they're a little fancy and yes...I won't burn my mouth, " she told him with a laugh as she would cover her mouth to keep from laughing too loudly but she wanted to.

The answer the waiter gave to Kaly's query made all that drop though. No reasonable person could complain about that. Even the haughtiest most stuck-up aristocrat. Plus actually acting out the opening of the complaint had knocked the wind out of Toms sails for it. He was not cut out for being a difficult customer.

Thankfully Kaly didn't press on with it and Tom thanked the waiter as he left "Yes I don't think we can reasonably complain, they do have white gold on them and hygiene is important" he replied "Plus they are were friendly ... or at least were safe" Tom leant across the table to refill both of their glasses then.

"I hope the portions here are big enough I know fancy places sometimes serve you next to no food"
"They are and there is a multitude of them, " she told him with a smile before she gave it some thought, "Well...it could be no more than fifty calories since there is no health values to it but it tastes...foamy? It definitely needs flavor, " she told him with an innocently straight face at that. She remembered how upset her stomach had been after that and oof it was unpleasant to deal with.

An impish smile rose to her lips then, "So a shirt is a no but...socks are a win then, " she told him with a little grin as she took another sip from her cup. "Oh he won't hear about it from me...he needs to find out about it himself, " she told him rather sweetly. A part of her hoped that Rory would figure it out yet she also worried that if he did something would be aflame. It was a catch fifty-two on that one.

Kaly would make a show of looking at her phone, middle of the month should be good and no new moons, "I'd say middle of the month, no full moons around and nice and safe for all involved. She seems to think that'll be great as well, " Snowie was purring and wanting out NOW to say hi but was, for the time, behaving and letting Kaly enjoy dinner with Tom right now.

With the explanation given, she would smile and make a mental note to give a bigger tip to the waiter who was kind enough to indulge in the curiosity that was had. She would take another bite as their meals were brought over and they were alright portions. Kalypso would let them take her appetizer away as she looked at her serf n turf. It was not going to be enough for a were appetite and she would just grin at Tom.

"Well...that solution is simple, " she said once she thanked the waiters, "We go into a fast food restaurant after this and order fries and burgers, " she told him with a little grin and a laugh as she would pick up the cutlery and set it on either side of her plate while it cooled for a moment. "They were friendly about it; it makes me wonder how many people would have been crass and rude about such a thing, " she told him, making a face at the idea of being actually rude to another person.
"You have to remember to season your bed before feeding it to a were ... Noted" He chuckled and pretended to jot it down in an air pad. He was sure that actually eating a bed would be a very unpleasant experience but making jokes about it seemed to make Kaly happy so he felt safe to tease alittle. That was his last comment though. Jokes of that sort could get tired and old very quickly.

Tom shook his head with a chuckle "No socks are not a win, it's just the more appropriate place to put the warning" wearing socks like that was practically an invitation to get his feet tickled. "He better not hear it from you" Tom teased "The longer I can go without him finding out my weakness the better" he added happily. Who knew what Rory would do with such damaging information?

Probably something nice but Tom wasn't taking the risk.

Tom got his own phone out too so he could note the date Kaly offered "Middle of the month sounds good" He agreed and made a note in his phone calendar 'Meet Snowie' "I'm excited, and I feel privileged that Snowie is letting me meet her" Better a meeting by arrangement than a surprise somewhere unfortunate.

"Well...that solution is simple, " she said once she thanked the waiters, "We go into a fast food restaurant after this and order fries and burgers, " she told him with a little grin and a laugh as she would pick up the cutlery and set it on either side of her plate while it cooled for a moment. "They were friendly about it; it makes me wonder how many people would have been crass and rude about such a thing, " she told him, making a face at the idea of being actually rude to another person.

Tom gasped, another meal! Tom did not think he could manage a second meal. The portions might not be enough for a were but they were fine for him. He was used to small meals anyway although he didn't need to worry about money for food as much now. Rory made sure he has looked after. "I don't think I'll have room for more food myself" he smiled "I'm not feeding two though" Lucky really because there had been a number of years that it was a struggle to feed one.

"Yeah I bet they get some very demanding customers in here but also maybe no one has noticed, we only noticed because you could touch it and we are practically experts" he chuckled referring to his earlier suggestion that they pretend to be specialists in silver. "I don't think I could be a waiter or work in a restaurant" he added as he started cutting up his dinner "Mainly because of all the people you have to talk to even when they are nice but I think if anyone was rude to me I'd get upset and probably start a fire and burst into tears"
Nodding at that, "Yep, I suggest a meaty seasoning and nothing mild to help it's lack of flavor, " she told him with a nod. She hoped he never licked a bed, it was terrible and the worst tasting thing in the world. She did have to laugh at herself for the dumb things that her cat often got into though.

"I don't know...sock's that say 'caution, HOT!' on the bottoms sound pretty good to me, " she told him with a playful smile as she would take a sip before holding up a hand, "Scouts honor he won't hear about it from me...he will have to find out on his own, " she told him with a little smile at that. She wondered if Tom would tell her if Rory found that secret spot, it made her just giggle a little at the thought.

Kalypso smiled at that, a little laugh leaving her, "Now I can kind of talk like that but it's a weird but before I shift back I'll let you know since I'll head home because I'm rather sure you don't want to see me in my birthday suit, " she told him with a little chuckle at that. Also Kaly didn't want him to see her in her birthday suit, it seemed strange to just be wholly nude in front of her best friend.

As the plate was settled in front of her, she would carefully cut a piece of lobster and dip it into the melty butter to take a bite as she grinned, "You make it sound like I'm pregnant, " she teased Tom on that one. She was so far from that she could be a nun at this rate but she liked boys too much to want to toss herself in a habit and a veil for the rest of her life.

She would eat as he spoke, taking small bites when she really just wanted to stab it all and eat it all a bit faster. Manners. Keep your manners girl. "I don't think I could either... one rude customer and I'd probably be claws and fangs at them because I don't tolerate rude people well, " she told him with a shake of her head, "And if anyone ever made you cry over something that was out of your control they'd be regretting that because you- anyone- does not deserve that treatment, " she said as she took another bite before smiling some, "You know we should go around like that, silver experts. With one touch I can tell them if it's fake or real; if it's real then they don't have to pay, if it's real they must, " she told him with a little chuckle. The idea alone was a jest, she would not willingly burn herself multiple times for money.
"Meaty seasoning," he said with a smile as if he were still taking notes "Spicy, spicy meat seasoning" He added with an even wider smile. If he ever published a novelty cookbook for weres this would be gold as a first recipe 'Bed South American Style'.

Of course, he could not taste test his own recipes and that went double for beds. Tom could say with 100% certainty that he had never licked or bitten his bed.

Tom laughed at the next suggestion Kaly had for socks. "That sounds less dangerous, it doesn't mention tickling me so it could just mean that I'm hot or the socks are super warm" He suggested "Maybe if Rory comes to the idea himself ... without any input from you given scouts honour, I'll edge him to that idea over the tickle warning one" he teased. He was fairly confident that it would be sometime before Rory even contemplated hunting for ticklish spots on Tom given how panicked Tom had gotten the first time.

He also didn't think Rory would resort to the gift of socks so early in their relationship. He gave very personal gifts.

Tom blushed when Kaly mentioned the logistics of the shifting. Namely the fact that she would be absent any clothing when she shifted back, which made sense. He'd seen werewolf movies and even then animals didn't do well in clothes so he doubted shifted weres did. "Erm no, I don't want to see you in the nude" he stammered. Tom didn't like seeing himself in the nude never mind other people ... well ... except Rory sometimes.

The matter of talking to Kaly while she was shifted was something he'd have to get used to. It was no stranger than setting things on fire when you got spooked.

Tom was digging into his steak as Kaly teased him "Oops sorry" he chuckled back. He'd realized almost right after the words came out how it sounded but thought it best to keep quiet. If Kaly hadn't noticed it would have done no favours to point it out.

She would eat as he spoke, taking small bites when she really just wanted to stab it all and eat it all a bit faster. Manners. Keep your manners girl. "I don't think I could either... one rude customer and I'd probably be claws and fangs at them because I don't tolerate rude people well, " she told him with a shake of her head, "And if anyone ever made you cry over something that was out of your control they'd be regretting that because you- anyone- does not deserve that treatment, " she said as she took another bite before smiling some, "You know we should go around like that, silver experts. With one touch I can tell them if it's fake or real; if it's real then they don't have to pay, if it's real they must, " she told him with a little chuckle. The idea alone was a jest, she would not willingly burn herself multiple times for money.

Tom was naturally a slow ish eater. Savouring every bite as a product of frequently having to skip meals. He nodded as he ate and Kaly spelled out what she would do to people who upset him. Tom was tempted to echo her but it would seem insincere. Tom was not a fighter they both knew that. He'd comfort her when she was upset but fighting for her was best left to someone else. "I appreciate it," he said instead. It was nice to have three people in his corner now that he was older. He vividly remembered the time before he returned to Nate where he had no one to defend him. The contrast to now made him smile happily. "That business idea sounds painful for you and I imagine quickly unprofitable. There can only be so many people who need their silver assessed for quality" he grinned "I'd stick to crime-fighting" He added before sipping at his wine again.

Should he have desert? he thought. Probably was his answer given his promise to Rory to get to a slightly healthier weight.
Kaly took another bite, taking her time as she cut and ate dinner with Tom. This felt fun, just going out when things were insane and wild. Something she wasn't sure she knew how to handle really but this, a fancy dinner, she could handle well.

"Hey I won't tell him but I never agreed to not give some subtle hints to the possibility that things could be funny, " she told him with a bit of a playful smile. She knew that once she got a significant other that Tom would probably repay the favor to her tenfold but it was going to be worth it; also she had no romantic interests knocking down her door so the poor guy was going to have to wait a good spell for that.

"I didn't think you did, so I'll spare your eyes at seeing more than what I'm showing now, " she told him with a bit of a laugh. Also, it was just weird that he'd see her like that, he wasn't a were. For other weres it was nothing to be ashamed about, it was normal but he wasn't and she hoped he never changed. She hoped he'd always be his amazing psychic self.

Her hand waved at his apology, it was a tease and it was fine, "Don't be it's fine, " she told him as she took another bite. She did have to eat for two, she had to compensate for Snowie who was often out so it was like she was. She could only imagine what would happen if she ever did get pregnant as a were; what would happen then? Shaking that away, Kaly didn't want to think about something like that right now.

She was easily working to clean her plate, even at her mild pace she was eating neatly and making sure that it was a clean plate before they got dessert. "Crime fighting it is...though my crime-fighting is going to be dragged out a bit...given things with what I am I need to take a small break from school but I'll return in the next semester, " she told him. Kalypso wasn't sure though if she was returning in the next semester but she needed time away from Alder and a part of her wished that she could protect Tom...maybe she could actually.
"Such cruelty" Tom grinned as Kaly declared that though she wouldn't explicitly tell Rory about tom's sensitive spot she would also be dropping hints. In truth, Tom agreed it would be funny and he also wanted Rory to found out. He wanted Rory to know everything about him and he wanted Rory to be able to do things to him that made him feel vulnerable but also nice. Plus he knew that Rory liked to tease him and make him laugh.

As to Kaly's own romantic life, or absence therein. Now that Tom had Rory to protect him on nights out in loud and daunting places he was ideally prepared to be a wingman. He and Kaly would need to organize a sleepover. Do each other's hair and plow through lots of trashy personality quizzes to determine Kaly's ideal partner. Then they could hit the bars and net her one. Hopefully one as perfect for Kaly as Rory was for him.

Tom easily kept pace with Kaly's progress through the meal. If only because he had ordered a smaller meal than hers. They were finished around the same time and Tom was debating whether he had room for dessert. He thought he probably did if it was small. The joking stopped as Kaly turned the conversation back to what had actually brought them together. The trouble Kaly was having. "It's important to take a break when you need it," Tom said softly. Not that he ever did ... well not before Rory got involved anyway. Now Rory frequently made sure Tom took time to relax. Tom did the same for him. "I'll be pestering you to get back to school next semester though, You can't let this stop you from achieving your dreams" He urged.
Kalypso would just chuckle and smile at that as she would continue to eat with Tom. Sure their sizes were different but that was fine, she didn't judge but when they were finished, she would look through the deserts and get something that was chocolate and caramel with some gold foil on it apparently. It was strange but gold as a food? Why not, she'd try it since it wasn't silver and shouldn't harm her in the slightest.

"Don't worry, I'll come back. I just need some time to get through some things and figure out if I am doing what I want to be doing or if I'm doing it because my parents put me on this path. I just need the time to figure out if this is wholly me, " she explained to him. It was her future and life ahead and she needed to be sure she was doing it right and doing the things that she wanted and not them.

She knew she still loved CSI and crime fighting and the forensics side of things but she wanted to be wholly sure it was for her and no one else.
Tom had pretty much filled up by the time the dessert menus were brought but the purpose of the night was to spend as much of Kaly's dad's money as they could so ... Tom ordered a small glass of dessert wine and a trio of Sorbet. Not too filling so he could finish it, he didn't want to waste anything after all. Though he was somewhat tempted by the gold and chocolate creation put before Kaly he knew if he'd ordered it he would never have finished it. He had made the right choice.

Tom well knew the pressures parents could put on. He nodded at Kaly's explanation "Ah I see, yes it's good to step back and check that you are doing college for you and not for them" He smiled. Part of Tom was only doing college for Nate. He didn't really believe in the need for artists to have degrees but he knew that Nate wanted him to get an education. The education Nate should have gotten if not for the fact that he took the fall for the events of yesteryear. Tom owed it to Nate to finish college.

"If you were to change degree, what would you do?" He asked bracing himself for even the most outrageous answer.
Kaly would take a bite and almost die from how tasty it was, it was delicious and worth the price it cost. Seeing that Tom didn't order, she would pick up a fork and hold it out to him, "Share with me? " she asked curiously. He wouldn't have to eat it all and even if he couldn't, her garbage disposal of a stomach would handle it all with no problem.

"Yep and so with this break I'll know for sure if its for me or for them- though I do still enjoy the topic I've been learning so that's a plus but I don't want to do something for the rest of my life that I won't enjoy, " she told him as she took another bite before reaching for her glass to take another sip.

Oh that was a question. She would tap the handle of the spoon against her lips as she thought for a moment, "Hm...I don't know...maybe I'd go in for music since I do play an instrument or carpentry... something different and I can use my hands," Kaly would muse out as she thought about that for a moment.
Tom shook his head, he was sure that Kaly needed the fuel of the chocolate treat and he was more than happy with his sorbet. Plus it meant there would be little risk of heartburn or anything of that like. "No thank you, I'm okay you enjoy it Sorbet is fine with me" Tom did not have a were's appetite after all. He could see how much Kaly was enjoying it which only added to the urge not to take even a single bite of her dessert.

"That seems sensible" Tom nodded as Kaly confirmed her plan to take some time out and firmly decide. "You can always keep dabbling in crime-solving as an amateur detective, you don't need a degree for that if you decide to take a new path career-wise" Even tom, a huge scardey cat, loved a bit of armchair detection.

Tom smiled to have gotten a briefly stumped reaction from Kaly. "You play an instrument? what do you play? " Tom asked before answering his own question "I'd probably study history or literature or something nice and calm and book heavy" He smiled. He wished he could say drama or something equally out there but ... Tom wasn't a very out-there person.
Kaly smiled and nodded, "Alright, " she told him as she would tuck into the chocolate delight in front of her. It was good, all of the food so far had been decently filling but she knew she'd hit that golden M on her way home. Who could resist those fries?

"You know I did meet a private investigator at the blind date movies thing back in February, " she told him, thinking about that a bit, "What would you think, having a PI as a friend? " she asked, a bit of a smile on her face. She could specialize in certain crimes and types; mostly supernatural and those that had lead to murder or something. It was up her ally and sort of sounded like a bit more enjoyable.

"I play the hurdy gurdy. It's like a violin with buttons and a crank...would you...ever want to hear me play?" she asked, for the first time a little nervous about something so different about herself. She hadn't played for others in so long.

"You could always do something literature related in your free time with school, get a minors or something in it if it's something you really like, " Kaly would suggest, "Only if it wouldn't overload you though, " she added on as she would pick up her wine and finished off her glass.
Tom tilted his head as he thought back to February. He remembered he and Rory had looked at the event to see if established couples could go but found that those nights were booked out solely for the competitors. They went on a none blind date night which was better for Tom too. Valentine's day had been spent in a far more intimate way which had also met Tom's approval. "I don't know would you be becoming a Pi?" he smiled "Or did the blind date go well and you might end up dating a PI?" He teased "Because if it's the latter I will need to reserve judgement till I've met them"

This was the night of Kaly secrets it seemed as she explained that she played an instrument called a hurdy-gurdy. Tom had no idea what one was or how it sounded but he certainly wanted to support his friend "I would like that ... maybe not the same night I meet snowie though unless she plays as well ... " That had been a joke he doubted that a leopard could play a string instrument. Did leopards have thumbs?

Tom nodded "I feel safest sticking with just the art," He said, kinder on the bank balance too. "I get plenty of literature to expose from Rory's house now he has a little library ..." God that made Rory sound posh. Well Rory was posh, wasn't he? certainly compared to Tom.

He finished his wine then sat up "We should get the check" he said, he could feel himself getting socially exhausted. Not so much of Kaly but of being in a room filled with background noise in a place that he felt like an intruder in. "we can text to set up a meeting place for me and Snowie" he added.
Kaly shrugged, "It would be interesting to learn how to be though, different but also have some things that are the same still, " she told him before a laugh left her as her head shook, "No he wasn't into me, I think I was a bit too young for his tastes and he just...I don't know, didn't give off the fun adventuring vibe, " she told him with a little shrug of her shoulders. He was still a nice guy though, someone she'd happily sit and drink coffee with.

"She'd eat it, " she told him with a laugh, her head shaking a little bit at that one. It was true, that darn cat was chewing or clawing things that she shouldn't most times. "Another time for sure for that though, " she told him with a smile at that. She did like playing alone in her room but for another it was always strange; at least mostly strange.

"Oh! So you're pretty set for both things, that's pretty damn awesome, " she praised. It was great that Tom was getting this exposure to all things and that Rory was such a support as he was to him and giving him more things. Tom deserved it and she couldn't be happier for him.

Hearing that, she would flag down the waiter for the check book, "Sure, let me pay and tip and send me a text for when you'd like to, " she told him with a smile as she would take the check book and pay the amount without even looking. And without a second thought gave a two hundred dollar tip before signing it and handing it off. Finishing the rest of her wine, she'd pick up her purse and take the card back before making a head motion to him, "Thank you for this, it was great, now to sleep it off, " she said with a little chuckle as their coats were brought to them so that they could leave for the evening.