Lauderhill Fool Me Once

Outfit

She'd known what had happened before even entering the building the thoughts of others swarming her mind the moment that she'd pulled into the parking lot. A very normal occurrence, and one that she'd typically block out when faced with large events such as this, only something wasn't quite right here. Usually, Sigfrid wouldn't be able to decipher much of anything when faced with so many different voices, and no set target, like standing in a crowded room as everyone spoke. There would be a few words, maybe a phrase that she'd catch, but nothing she could hold onto.

Tonight, however, there was a single thought that screamed quite loudly in many of the guest's minds, occupying the room and allowing Sigfrid to hear all that she needed to know. This was no charity event, and she, like the many guests within, had been made a fool of.

If Sigfrid had not had over a thousand years of experience under her belt, she might of bloodlusted right then and there, the power of the new moon quickly escalating her anger for the situation. Instead, she would settle with gritted teeth and a crushing of her wheel beneath fisted hands, plastic whining noisily as she made to leave only to catch sight of a familiar face. It seemed that she had not been the only one fooled tonight.

Exiting her car, Sigfrid would make her way towards the other, calling out as she neared. "I wouldn't bother going in there." Irritation clear in both her face and voice as her hands came to cross along her chest.

outfit

An outing on the New Moon was not ideal, but he had made a donation and so, therefore, felt it necessary to attend. It had been on the behalf of a client of his, whom had had a child pass away from the disease. It was approaching the anniversary, and she had expressed that she was interested in the charity event.

He intended to find her at some point tonight, and hope not to encounter another angry Russian, as he had the last time he attended a charity event. Preparing to enter, he was slowed by the sluggish mob of people, some of which was pouring back out onto the streetside. Curious. Edvin was preparing to swoop inside overhead when his Sire materialized from the crowd. Always, it was a surprise and a pleasure to see her.

Edvin quickly noted her demeanor, the tenseness that wired her delicate features. Oh, dear, what had happened?

"Was the music selection that horrid?" He questioned with an uneven smile that was a touch wicked. The drama of something going wrong!
Despite her annoyance, there would a soft rising at the corners of her lips for Edvin's words, leave it to him to find some joke or another out of this situation. Though, she supposed, he wasn't completely aware of the rug that had been pulled out from beneath them both.

"It depends," she hummed in response. "Do you enjoy the local stations?" Because that was all you were going to get from a cheap radio like the one she'd seen within some of the minds filtering around within.
"I suppose there are a few I like," He answered easily, "Though I doubt they'll be playing anything classical." He added with a small laugh, and approached his Sire in full to take her hand. If she allowed it, he would offer a simple kiss to her knuckles, then gestured to the dispersing party, "That can't be what has this devolving so quickly, could it?"
Sigfrid would allow him to take her hand, offering a squeeze to his before allowing her arm to drop back down to her side, a glance back towards the warehouse. "Unfortunately, it is not." She sighed, gaze returning back towards her dear friend, a slight raise of her brow.

"It seems that this whole event was a scam."
A scam! Well, that did explain it. Edvin, despite his sensibilities and awareness of the levity of the situation, did find himself laughing sharply. Only once, of course. More so out of disbelief that someone had managed to pull it off! Look at the crowd it had gathered. How unfortunate that it had been done in the name of such a miserable disease. And for children. Positively diabolical.

Though, he did suspect most people in attendance would be sour over the loss of their money, and not the fundamental morality of using childhood cancer as a scapegoat. Edvin had not donated a gross amount. Something substantial, certainly, but nothing that would cripple him. How much had Sigfrid donated?

"Heavens. I came here for a client of mine. I suspect this will take many sessions for her to cope with." He concluded, frowning then. He wondered where she was. In hysterics somewhere, most likely. Oh, perhaps it would be easier to suggest this night from her mind. His eyes roved the crowd for a moment, but they settled on his sire. "Don't tell me you donated all of the proceeds of your next novel to this." He pleaded melodramatically.
She very much doubted that Edvin truly cared about the state of his client. If he did not suggest the night away, then he would certainly be making up for the money that he'd lost here through the many sessions that she'd offer him. It was just a question of whether or not Edvin wanted to deal with the aftermath or not, which was hardly any concern for Sigfrid.

"Unfortunate," she offered unsympathetically for the client. "A very good thing that she has such a capable therapist to get her through it, yes?" A click of her tongue for the following statement.

"Hardly, but it is not the loss of money that irritates me." It was just not very common for her to be made a fool of, and for it to happen through a charity only made it sting all that much worse.

Her only saving grace was that it had been done through the name of Lauren rather than herself.
A good thing indeed.

He smiled pityingly at his Sire. Hurt pride, was it? "The children?" He prompted falsely, sadly scandalized. Perhaps it would irritate her to be so playful, but he found it better than moping. He took comfort in knowing he was not the only one played for a fool tonight.
If she hadn't spent so long with Edvin before, the joking might have garnered a different reaction. A snide comment, or a disengaging of the conversation entirely, but as it were, Sigfrid had come to tolerate Edvin's teasing.

Sometimes, rarely, it was appreciated.

"You know I have a soft spot for the children." She sighed, a wave of her hand. "They are the future after all." And all of that nonsense.
Well, not the children that would have benefitted from these donations.

It was an uncouth enough observation that he would not speak it aloud, though it hardly mattered in the presence of a telepath. Smirking innocently, Edvin gestured to the dispersing crowd, "What will you do with the rest of your evening? How ravishing you look; surely you will not let it go to waste."
Sigfrid hadn't really given much thought to the rest of the evening, her anger driving her to head straight home rather than hang around the time. In meeting Edvin, however, some of that anger had dissipated and she could see herself moving past this embarrassment.

"I'm not sure yet." Sigfrid answered, a soft smile forming at her lips. "I don't imagine you would you be willing to entertain an old friend? "
"I have been known to be rather entertaining on occasion." Edvin smiled with a concessional dip of his head. Then, he looked to the evening sky, gesturing to the clouds above. "Perhaps we stretch our wings, and see where the evening takes us?"