Alder Heights the unlikely

outfit

Hiro never thought he'd get a date with a vampire, but... well, shit happens. He looked in the mirror, wondering if this could have been deemed acceptable. Thought he looked like a weird industrial vampire himself, so perfect, right?

The psychic sighed and checked on his plants. Then on the robots stored in the bedroom. Everything should be fine...

So he waited for Renji. Wondering how things would turn out tonight...

Outfit

To say that Renji was nervous would have been putting it lightly. He'd spent the night before deciding what he would wear so that he could have a quick shower and throw it on before bolting out of the door to meet the uber. An uber he'd arranged for the night prior as well. One that he trusted to be reliable and on time from past experiences with them. He didn't want to give himself enough time to build up anxieties that would make him second guess anything. He wasn't going to let that ruin this night. He wouldn't let anything ruin this night. don't feed in my territory still echoed in his mind as he thought about how annoying it had been to need permission to go to Hiro like this, but in the end he knew it would be worth the trouble. He wouldn't doubt that.

When the vehicle stopped infront of Hrio's house he would feel all the more embarrassed he had to use one to begin with. He still couldn't handle controlling any type of vehicle himself and he wasn't sure he'd ever get over that trauma. Still, he'd arrived just as he said that he would, and he would adjust his jacket before approaching the door. While he knew the invite had not yet been rescinded, he'd respected hiro enough not to just walk right into his home, instead he would knock on the door gently. "Hiro? It's Renji. " he called through the door.
Hiro froze at first. Woah, this dude was fast...!

"One moment!" he exclaimed, quickly fixing his hair in the mirror for the last time and ran up to the door. Quickly opened it, smiling softly. "Hey, come in..."

It was obvious that the psychic was a bit nervous... but good nervous.
Renji worried that maybe he'd arrived too soon, but after waiting at Hiro's request the door would open soon enough. This gave Renji a chance to look over Hiro and his choice of outfit. He could honestly say that he enjoyed Hiro's aesthetic, but more so he felt happier seeing Hiro in general. Renji would step inside after he was invited inside again. "Hiro, you look great, I am happy to see you again. " he informed him honestly as he stood just inside Hiro's home again. Fidgeting with his own jacket sleeve a bit. "Sorry if I arrived too early." he knew that he hadn't been that early given that he'd had to wait until the sun set himself, but he had to admit that he didn't want to wait a moment longer to see this man.
Hiro's smile widened, quite happy to see him as well.
"You don't look too bad yourself." he said, clasping hands behind his back. "And you're right on time, I just got... a bit distracted with my robots for a moment."

Small, embarrassed pause.
"Sorry for that..." he mumbled out. "Uhh... Let's... get going?"
Renji gave a nervous laugh. "I'm glad to hear that. I almost wore a suit, but then I decided that would probably be too formal." He wasn't sure why he'd just admitted that, but he shrugged it off. Renji grinned slightly over what Hiro had been distracted by. "Well, that's a good thing to be distracted by, perhaps you can show them to me sometime. If you want to that is. No pressure." he mentioned. Shaking his head a little. "No need to apologize. I like that you're passionate enough to be distracted by the things you enjoy." he told him before reaching a hand out to take hold of Hiro's own. "Yes, our first stop isn't far. I hope you're hungry." he spoke with a smirk as he lead Hiro out of his home. Though he'd wait for him to lock up if he desired to before leading him to the uber where he'd open the door for him. "The place we're going is supposedly one of the best of it's kinds. " he noted.
Hiro smiled happily and scratched the back of his neck.
"Ah, yeah, a suit would be a bit too excessive... We're on a... date, not a job interview..." he chuckled quietly.

Oh! He could definitely show him his robots and other electronic pets. But maybe later, as the Uber was waiting for them
"Ah, yeah... Actually I do am hungry." he said and then teased. "Haven't ate anything in preparation for that."
Renji chuckled a bit. "You're right. We are on a date. " which made him all the more nervous considering how poorly his last attempt at dating had gone. Renji was a bit excited at the idea of seeing what hiro had been working on, but that would have to wait until after their date was over. For now, they had a proper meal to get in Hiro's stomach and he couldn't wait to learn more about him truthfully. "Really? Well, if you'd like you could nibble on me until we get there. " he joked as he held the door open for for Hiro. A smirk lingering on his lips.
Hiro heard that remark as he was reaching for his coat. His face went blank for a moment... Was this guy always thinking with his dick or...?
"Perhaps not!" he then chuckled and put on his coat, zipped it up quickly. "I'm not the vampire here!"

Nice save? He hoped so.
Renji laughed lightly, "You're right, but I would still let you try if you wanted to. The nibbling thing I mean. It'd be entertaining to watch." He admitted. Though he didn't mean anything particularly lude about it this time. "I wouldn't recommend being a vampire. It's not as great as stories make it seem." he noted before giving him a smile. Offering his arm to him a bit in an old-fashioned manner. "your chariot awaits ~" he teased a little.
Hiro became a little bit pink when Renji offered him an arm. Oh, wow...! What a gentleman (sometimes)! The psychic accepted and smiled softly.
"I've already figured out as much..." he hummed, just being sympathetic. Hiro could easily imagine that being a vampire sucked in many ways...

Then he followed the other to the Uber, a little bit nervous.
Renji smiled, feeling all the more nervous once his arm was taken and he gently rested his hand against Hiro's own, guiding him along to the vehicle. "Of course, you've already been one step ahead of me since we met. Figuring things out so quickly. I admire that intellect." he noted. Renji walked with Hiro to the uber and opened the door for him. once he was inside he would join him as well. "You know the place." he told the driver who nodded and smirked. Though for now Renji wouldn't even notice the expression as his attention was right back on Hiro. "I've heard great things about the place we're going. The best at what they serve they say. So I hope that it'll both fill your stomach and make for a memorable meal for you." he told him as he fidgeted with his sleeve a bit. "I'm hoping that this date will help us get to know each other better. You seem like someone I could enjoy knowing. " he admitted. He wouldn't go too over the top about how he'd felt being embraced by him before or how foolishly giddy he'd been over the kiss on his cheek. He didn't want to seem even more pathetic than he already did after all.
Intellect, huh? Lately, Hiro wouldn't really call himself smart. If he was smart, he wouldn't be getting himself into these... dangerous situations. He decided not to talk about this.

Getting into the car, he tried to make himself more comfortable. Fastened his seatbelt and just quietly gazed at Renji as he spoke. This guy really seemed to be quite interested in him, huh? The psychic couldn't really tell why...

"T... Thank you..." he said meekly. Truth to be told, he really wanted to get to know Renji as well. But was still a bit shaken by the whole... thing. "I dunno, I'm not really that interesting, but... I hope to learn more about you as well."
Renji smiled to Hiro as he watched him fasten his seatbelt. He was kind of grateful that he had in truth. Renji didn't want to relieve past traumas after all. Not that he would mention anything about that right now.

Renji seemed worried for a moment with how meekly Hiro had spoken. He started to feel all the more nervous about this whole thing. What if he messed it up? What if Hiro realized the risk he was taking by just being around him? What if Hiro didn't find anything redeemable about him and started to think of him like a monster too? He was trying not to get too far ahead of himself even in his thoughts, but he couldn't help but to wonder how long it would be before Hiro decided that he was too much of a risk to be around too.

He supposed he would enjoy his company while it lasted. "I don't think that's very true. You're very interesting to me. " he told him as they rode down the street toward their destination. It wouldn't take them that long to get there by vehicle, but until then he tried to make things less awkward. "Well, I'm willing to answer any questions that may come up so hopefully you will. " he noted with a chuckle. Seemingly fidgeting with the seat belt buckle of his own seatbelt nervously. "How long have you lived in alder heights?" he wondered then. Trying to start with very basic questions to keep himself from getting too flustered already.
Hiro kept his soft gaze on Renji and smiled. Well...

"Not too long... It will be two months now." he said, fiddling with his own fingers. "A lot of things happened, huh...?"

Indeed, quite a lot... Maybe too much. The reason why he was so withdrawn was mostly because he was tired. But hell, he was out tonight to have fun, right?
"Two months? A---I worry for you if you're only two months in and already have so much trouble following you." he mused with a slight smirk. "Yeah it seems so, but don't worry. I'll keep you safe if you need me to. So call me if you're ever in trouble." he reassured him. Even if it meant risking getting that trouble on himself instead. Better that than someone as kind as hiro having to deal with it. Renji didn't even seem to realize how exhausting this all might have been for Hiro. At least not yet. It didn't even dawn on him that what was the beginning of his own day was supposed to be nearing the end of Hiro's own.
It felt oddly reassuring. Though he didn't wanted Renji to get in trouble either. Sighing, he allowed himself to lean a bit against the vampire. So cold... But it didn't felt bad at all.

"I will... But remember to take care of yourself too, okay?" he whispered. "It can't be easy for you either..."

Remained cryptic about what he meant, mindful of the Uber driver most likely hearing what they were talking about.
Did he just die again? Yep, he was sure of it. Feeling Hiro lean on him had him grateful that he couldn't blush like he did when he was alive. It felt ...well...maybe he shouldn't have thought something so innocent was so amazing, but how else could he describe that feeling? It put happiness in his life. That small act seemed like a show of trust to Renji given what he was, but it wasn't all he focused on. Hiro was warm, he felt good against him even in such an innocent way, and he wondered if wrapping an arm around him might be too much. Still, he would nervously shift a bit to try to wrap an arm around Hiro's shoulder.

"Don't worry...I will. I can't very well protect you if I don' t protect myself." he told him just as quietly. Smiling to him a bit. "Nothing worthwhile is ever easy. " he reassured him with this belief of his. While he might not have known what Hiro meant exactly with his cryptic speech, the statement seemed blanket enough to voice his opinions over it, and he certainly wouldn't act like he was afraid of anything. Even with the knowledge that another vampire knew he was in the area.

"How late are you okay with staying out, by the way? I know you're not the night owl that I am. " he mused.
Hiro didn't flinched nor commented really as he Renji wrapped an arm around him. He actually leaned into his touch a little bit. The psychic was slowly coming out of his shell, it seemed.

How late was he willing to stay? Well, he was off the next day, so...

"I've made sure I could stay all night." he said with a small smile.
Feeling Hiro lean into him was something he didn't expect to happen, but he wasn't about to waste a moment wondering why he had. Instead he was just going to enjoy that he did. He was so warm, he smelled so good, and part of Renji worried he might be imagining this all up as he was in a dead sleep waiting for this date to happen.

A small sound escaped at first. All night? Had Hiro slept before hand to prepare for being out with him? Fuck. If he was sure if he'd been human again his face would have given away every bit of hints of how flustered that thought made him feel.

[b]"Jeeze. Who knew something as simple as that could make me feel this happy about it." he mentioned aloud with a chuckle. Holding Hiro near and trying his best not to ruin the moment while he did. He didn't care what the driver thought of them like this. This felt right to him and he wanted that feeling to last. However, they were fast approaching the restaurant labeled with it's own means as 'joe's place'. Which didn't sound all that upscale really, but from what he'd heard it was one of the better places to eat. He really wanted Hiro to enjoy his meal. "I will make sure that it was worth staying out all night for." he reassured him.
Huh, that wasn't a kind of place Hiro expected and he was glad he wasn't too overdressed. He was also glad it wasn't too fancy, though. Never felt too comfortable in fancy places.

He was glad Renji was feeling happy. The psychic gently held and squeezes his hand for a moment before leaving the car.
"Sometimes the best places don't look like much, so I trust you." he said.
Renji hoped that Hiro was okay with something like this. He knew it wasn't high brow or anything of the sort that would have had a lot of expectations, but it was supposed to taste good. He wished he could taste food to make sure, but he had to go with what others had told him.

Renji squeezed Hiro's hand in return and followed him out of the uber. "You're right. That could be said about people too. " he joked about himself though he would place a hand on Hiro's shoulder before he moved to guide him into the place. It didn't take very long for them to get taken to a seat. A table near the back where the lighting was a little dimmer than the rest of the place, but not overly so.

Renji would step ahead to pull Hiro's seat out for him and only when he sat would he move to his own. All the while he spoke with a smile on his lips and reflected in his tone. "I'm glad you trust me, so trust me to know you can eat whatever you want, and as much as you like. " he reassured him. "I think it's mostly italian though if that's okay with you."
Oh wow, such gentleman! Hiro smiled happily as he shed his jacket and let is hang from the chair, then sat down. Cozy...

"Well, I don't eat that much, so don't worry about the bill too much..." he chuckled quietly. "And it's lucky, because I was in the mood for Italian..."

And the evening they've spent was rather wonderful. Hiro hoped they would meet again soon, but he didn't know it was never meant to be. Such is life, though...