Twin Sisters’ Drive-In devil may car

car
outfit
The movie is Love Actually

Mountain Guy. That was his date for the evening! Gokiburi could ascertain two things from it. This was either a gentleman (from the mountains) or this was someone being hilariously ironic. In any case, he was ready. Ready to win a gift card primarily, but hey, maybe he'd meet someone fun and new.

The vampire was sprawled in the passenger side seat already. Vintage didn't mean much to him, as it were, so his feet were up on the dash and he was cradling popcorn in his lap. He wasn't eating it, but he was inspecting one of the kernels in the washed out light from the movie screen. At least his sneakers were clean.
Nord was nervous about the whole thing. He had intially signed up because he was bored and thought it would be fun. Not because he actually expected a romatic encouter. So he had spent some time contemplating what to wear. Should he really make an effort and dress up nicely in order to impress his dater whoever it may be? it could possibly be a real chance.
But when he tried one of Liams shirts on, he felt really out of place so he finally opted for simple jeans and a white t-shirt and then a thick woolen sweater over top.
He tied his hair back after washing it. In this damp state it had a tendency to curl up so he kept it tied back.
Finally he found the car, tomatoe red and braced himself for whom he might find inside. He looked in the passenger side window where he spotted someone, then walked around the side and opened the driver door to poke his head in. Inside he found a guy in a bright suit. Was he wrong?
"Hiro?"
There he was! Mountain Guy! Goki-- Or, well. 'Hiro' tonight-- sat up, and then offered a winning grin. This vampire had just found the scent of psychic!

"S'me!" He chuckled, all sorts of inviting. "Mountain Guy. You got a name or?"
Nord didn't hesitate too long to get into the driver seat of the car when the guy asked for his name.
"My friends call me Mounty." He said which was at least half true. Some people called him that but not his real friends. He didn't really want anyone to know his real name, though, because it was so rare that he'd be very easy to identify. And Nord didn't really want word to get around that he was taking part in some dating event with a guy. The only person who would find out about this was Liam who was in one of the other cars at the drive in theater with one heck of a lucky guy.
Fun!
"Nice to meet you. What are we going to watch...do you know?"
"Aight, Mounty." Goki said amiably. The smell wafted into the car as he opened the door and he realized he was about to spend the next hour and change hotboxing himself with a psychic.

What were the goddamn odds?? Ridgefield was absolutely filthy with them, wasn't it?

Well, steady as she goes. Picking up a piece of paper that was tucked into the center console he read aloud, "Love Actually. Nine intertwined stories examine the complexities of the one emotion that connects us all: love." Offering it over to Mounty to read the rest, he picked up a bit of popcorn and flicked it over at him, grinning playfully. "Appropriate, hah?"
Nord took the flyer to look at it but it was hard because the classic car only had one very small light that was turned on above their heads. Suddenly some pieces of pop corn hit his face and hair. He thought that was a but odd but offered the guy a smile anyway.
"Yeah, I guess it's Valentines day. They're not going to show Transformers."
He got an odd vibe from the guy in the passenger seat but couldn't Put his finger on it. Maybe it had been a bad idea to sign up for this, especially with the chance of being matched with another man. A risk, that he had knowingly taken to gather a bit more experience in that 'field'. To figure out whether he really enjoyed guys as much as girls or perhaps more.
"What do you do when you don't meet strangers in drive ins?"
True! Goki laughed, even if he might’ve preferred Transformers. That said, Mounty went in on the small talk and he took to it happily.

"I’m a martial artist." He rumbled, truthful enough. "How about you? Mountain stuff?"
"Yeah. I work in the mountains. I look for injured animals...lost hikers...that kind of thing." He thought about the martial artist a bit. "Does that mean you do arts or fight and put me in a headlock if I don't do what you want me to?" There was a joking tone in his voice as he grinned cheekily.
Not that anyone could put him in a headlock that easily. After all Nord had been doing enough hand to hand combat training with the military.
He reached over into the pop corn bag.
"May I?"
"Headlock!" Goki answered with a swift grin. At Mounty's interest, he held out the popcorn readily. He wasn't going to eat it, after all. "Yeah, 'course. Don't actually like popcorn all that much." An easy lie, he thought.

Ahead of them, the screen went momentarily dark as the movie began, the beginning credits starting to play over the stereo. "What kinda animals you finding up in the mountains? Wolves?" He grinned a little in the movie-light, thinking of Max terrorizing this poor man. He'd been a very big wolf. He wondered what other weres liked to hang out in the mountains around here.
Oh...headlock. Should he believe in stereotypes and think all Asian men excelled in martial arts? Better be careful.
"Good to know. But maybe I enjoy a little roll on the mat."

When he was offered the popcorn, he thanked the other man and took it. "Did you just order it that you can throw it at your date."
'Your date'. Here he was. On a date with another man. How weird. This wasn't something he did a lot. So Nord felt quite insecure about the expectations but told himself to relax.Not every blind date had to lead anywhere.
"Yeah. We've got some pretty nice grey wolves, deer, a few brown bears, wild boars, grouse, eagles....everything a forest has to offer."
He looked at the guys outfit whoch didn't look like an outdoor lover.
"Do you go out into nature? Oh...the movies starting. Have you seen this?"
Maybe he enjoys a little roll on the mat, huh? Goki hitched a little laugh, that breath enough to draw in the smell of psychic. And then he laughed again at the accusation—he might’ve gotten it to throw it at his date, yeah. What was it good for besides?

Settling in for the answer to his previous question, Goki watched the title screen roll past.

"Nah, I don’t uh- I don’t usually do romantic films. But this seemed fun. Get to meet new people." he grinned over at Mounty. "But um- no, I used to go out into nature a lot- lots of hiking." Because there were no cars back when he was alive. "Then my job kind of kept me as a bit of a night owl so that made it a bit tougher to see the sights."

No lies, just twisted truths.
"That's too bad. I couldn't do that. I need to get out in the sun and air." Nord said, oblivious that he was talking to someone who simply could not do the same thing.
"This is my first time on a blind date." He confessed, shoving some more popcorn in his mouth.
"with a guy, I mean."
Nord had been on enough dates with girls but barely any with men. This was exciting.
He briefly watched the film come on, so he wouldn't completely miss it but he was more interested in his company.