Yellow Pages Phshing the competition
Renji, after seeing an ad for a repair service felt worried that his opportunities to find a job were going to be swiped right out from under him, even if he was a little more than IT those jobs were still ones he could have done himself. When he didn't know the market of the area this seemed extremely worrisome for his finances. So what would he do? Well, to begin with, he needed to find out how good this person was at their job. The ad said their name was Hiro and even gave the number for him to contact. So he did:

Hello. May I speak with Hiro please?
556-0001
Aha! A customer! Someone who'd stop his eternal boredom!

Ah yeah, Hiro Ishikawa, at your service. How can I help you?
Hiro
Oh good, he got ahold of him fast without jumping through loops of people first.

Oh great! Hello, Mr. Ishikawa. My name's Renji Holbrook. I'm calling in regards to your ad as I currently have a desktop computer that suddenly isn't turning on. I tried moving outlets and it still will not turn on. Your ad said you could repair computers, right? Do you think this is something you could help me with?
Renji
That sounded like a problem that could be either very easy to fix or very expensive to fix.

Uh-huh. Is it completely dead or do you hear a fan powering up at least?
Hiro

Just straight to business.
Renji responded rather quickly to the question.

I don't hear anything at all. It's like it suddenly decided to rebrand itself as a paperweight. I need it fixed as soon as possible I have deadlines to meet with work and at this rate my boss is going to have my head. I really don't want that smoke.
Renji

Renji had to play his cards right with this plan.
So it was dead. Could be either the power source or motherboard...

I got you. I'd need to see the machine to figure out what's going on. Might be the power source, I have a bunch these at home, so I can bring them and see if they would fit. If that's the problem, I can get you up an running even this evening. If it's something different, I'd need to see the computer to figure out what's going on.
Hiro
It was most definitely the motherboard, but he wasn't about to tell the man that he'd put one in that was fried on purpose to test him.

Fantastic ! I think my heart is going to survive after hearing that. Thank you for being so quick with it too! I can pay you for your services as you arrive or have the payment sent to you another way. Would you be okay with coming to me or should I bring it to you? I don't know how this all works, but I'm so relieved you could possibly fix it so fast.
Renji

If this man could truly fix it that quickly and fix it well then there was going to be some real competition in this town he'd have to deal with.
If it's time sensitive, it would be better if you brought it to me. My ride is still in repairs, sorry for that.
Hiro

Still haven't fixed his bicycle.
It is and isn't. It is in the sense that I need it fixed as soon as possible, but not so sensitive that I couldn't wait for you to get here if you needed time to get here. Still, it's no big deal, I can get an uber ride wherever. So where am I bringing it exactly?
Renji
Hiro just gave him his address.

I'm home entire time. I'll get my work bench ready.
Hiro
Okay. Oh man, it may take me a little while to get there. Is it okay for me to arrive around 7?? Or is that too late?
Renji
No worries, no worries. I'll see you, then!
Hiro

Hiro wasn't an early sleeper at all. But he opened a can of Monster, just in case.
Okay great! I'll see you soon then! Take care until then.
Renji

After he was certain it was a good time to hang up he would do so. Looking at the time on his phone before preparing what he would need to take with him. Then he'd call for an uber lift to arrive when it was time.