Yellow Pages Pry-vet
I just found your business card in my laundry

Asha was having a busy day.
A text about a business card could only be directed at his business phone number, but he had a moment wondering if he had some personal ones tucked away somewhere because the casual somewhat inconsequential text didn't match with anyone wanting anything investigated.

Still, Theo was a good sport even when getting odd texts about laundry.

I must be lucky that it survived the wash, then.
Can I help you?
not right now but what kind of stuff do you invest age
Investigate
Then why did this stranger text him? Feeling chatty while stuck doing their laundry? Still, networking opportunity perhaps, so he indulged the stranger in their question.

It can vary based on who my client is. The needs of a business is different from that of an individual.
To give you a summary, I can work on anything from infidelity suspicions, family law cases, background checks, to locating missing persons. I also offer counter surveillance services.
Oooh. Infidelity.

That reminded her she needed to ask ABRAHAM about what he wanted from their relationship going forward on that account. Soon. Maybe on the drive.

Also,

what's counter surveillance? You spy on other spies?
If a client believes they're being tracked, bugged, stalked, or victim of any other form of surveillance, I come in to track down and eliminate any listening or tracking devices, place my own, or follow the client around to identify any stalkers, among other things. It's a blend of electronic means of countering spying and practical means of identifying any suspicious persons showing too much interest in the client.
Oh snalp
What do you charge for that
Asha
Depending on the nature of the case, the hourly rates range between $40 to $100 depending on what sort of equipment needed or if it's in the field. For something like that you'd come in for a consultation and the cost would be discussed. For some cases it's possible to settle on a flat rate, background check packages and license plate checks, for example. I do free consultations for clients who are looking to find out what kind of help they need.
So if I wanted to check if my phone was bugged for some reason, where would that run me

Right now she was not feeling paranoid. But this was good information to have in case someday she did.
If you want a smartphone checked I'd refer you to a cybersecurity firm. If you want a 'dumb' phone checked that runs $150 per phone. A check of your landline would be included in a general bug sweep, which usually runs at a $60 hourly rate.
Phew! Expensive shit.

Hot
Thanks, all this is good to know :D
Asha
You're welcome.

Still had no idea who this person was, but it felt rude to ask them where they'd found the business card. Especially if he'd been the one to hand it over.