Graupel Canyon Florence Nighting Wail

Liam's Home in the Hills & Evening/Exploration Attire

A sweet, sweet dream, inhabited by a pair of blonde jocks, named Chase and Caleb, who were romping about, nearly naked in the fir-filled woods, tempting Liam with their athletically-toned backsides, which they shook and flexed in an alarmingly hypnotic manner as they went. Dancing about, without a care in the world, in the pale moonlight that made the snowy landscape glow and their smooth, sweaty skin shine bright, the twin temptations called out to him...

Meow.

Stopping dead in his tracks, with a sudden look of confusion he could feel tugging at the corner of his eyes and lips, even dreamscape Liam knew that this wasn't right. Shaking his head, to clear it of the misplaced noise, it came again...

Meow.

And then again.

Meow.

And then again.

Tossing and turning his body in full, as the now incessant noise worked to wake him from his deep sleep, it finally achieved its goal, causing the real Liam to bolt up straight in his bed!

Calling for the lights to come on, in a semi-raspy voice, it took the slightly confused psychic a good ten seconds to register that the cat call in his dreams was actually a legitimate one coming from somewhere just beyond the walls of his home. Tossing the sheets aside with a huff, his long legs were soon under him, as he stepped away from the cozy confines of his bed and into a pair of slippers. A half-minute more and he was standing before the floor-to-ceiling, sliding doors that gave him full access to the patio that sat just off of his master suite.

It was cold out, as it often was in Colorado, in the middle of winter, in the dead of night, so there was no way in hell that he was heading outside without bundling up. There was also this growing need for him to arm himself, since the feline wail that was filling his backyard sounded a bit more ferocious than your typical feral cat.

Maybe I should just leave well enough alone, he now thought, as he worked a long, cashmere scarf around his neck. It'll probably just go away on its own, he tried to convince himself, even as the cries became more persistent and far more pronounced.
Goki was lost. What else was new? He was lost, somewhere that felt almost rural. House lights glimmered through the trees, enough that the neighborhood didn’t feel like it was totally remote, but it was a bit of a walk between each property.

A little black cat trotted along a winding road, wondering if he’d be curling up in a cave when daylight came. He still wished he’d been granted a bird form sometimes—maybe he’d be able to make out the way home from the air. Or maybe he’d get swept away in a freak nor’easter and never make it back for years.

That happened once. Maybe for about a year or two. Good thing Rushi’s inn didn’t move.

In any case, if he got his bearings, he’d be able to beat the sun back to town. Which meant either finding wi-fi, a high ground for signal, or... asking someone.

Being a cat made it easier to wander, inspect houses. He avoided family homes—he knew by the multiple cars in the driveway, the toys scattered in the yard—he needed someone solitary, someone like... Ah. Perfect.

He scrambled into the backyard, over the fence and picked his way through the snow to the back door. And now for a show.

A long warbling cry wheedled its way out of his mouth, high pitched in a way that could vibrate eardrums. It was a drawn out lament. A feline wail-song. He kept it up until his sensitive ears picked up movement and then—Ah, very good! Groggy humans were easy humans.

He pressed himself against the door, paws patting at the screen. The invisible barrier of magic kept him from pushing too hard but a little black cat out in the cold could win an invitation, he was sure.
Expecting to see a mountain lion or lynx, given the intensity of the yowling, Liam raised a curious eyebrow when he looked down and saw nothing more than an innocent-looking, domestic-size cat - a big, all-black boy, but a housecat just the same - rubbing itself all over the other side of the door.

"Go away," he called through the glass panel, even going as far as to tap at it with the tip of his slipper. "Move along," he would continue to tell it, even as the feline essentially ignored him, repeatedly rubbing and mewing as it did.

Letting slip a long sigh, mostly because he was not a fan of unwanted animals showing up in the middle of the night - or, to be perfectly honest, anytime of the day - the sleepy author actually took a minute to ponder his next move.

Should he just return to bed and ignore it? That seemed like the logical thing to do, but he was fairly certain that it would just continue to keep him up all night with its incessant crying. What on earth was it so upset about anyway? Was it in heat or was it just hungry? Was that the problem?

Well, that brought him to his next option.

He could go rummage around in his gourmet pantry with the hopes of finding something suitable enough for a stray - like a can of outdated sardines or mackerel - but then he'd have to worry about it coming back for more or, worst still, never leaving in the first place. He didn't want a pet and he certainly didn't want a cat. If he was going to end up with a four-legged companion, it was going to be some handsome, purebred dog, not some pussy with an attitude.

"Go away," he called once more, before emitting another sigh. "We don't serve your kind here," he joked, as he raked a hand through his curly, bed-head hair.

!YAWA OG he then wrote, low on the glass, after fogging it up with his breath, content with the fact that his G was written wrong. This means you, he thought, as he added a cartoon cat head inside of a circle, only to draw a line through it.
The cat didn't leave. He wouldn't. He simply wouldn't, and as the delightful human grew more and more insistent, Goki grew more and more stubborn. And frankly, the drawing? It was funny as hell. Now he had to get inside if for no other reason than causing mischief.

Pacing around behind the glass, he lifted one tiny cute little paw and pressed it against the little cat drawing. "Mreooooowwww." He asked, plaintive and pathetic. Please, oh please? Oh God, look at him, he looked so sad and so cold.

If that didn't work, he had even more fun up his sleeve.

Liam's Master Suite & Gourmet Kitchen

"Go away," a sleepy Liam repeated, a bit more meekly, as he now sat cross-legged on the floor before the tall, glass door, mildly enjoying the extended show that the feline was now putting on just for him. He had to give the critter credit, it was certainly working hard to win him over. Never in his life had he seen something so pathetically endearing.

"Fine! Enough already! You win!" he announced, with a deep sigh of utter resignation tacked on, as he scrambled to his feet. "Over there. Go," he then instructed the stray, as he jabbed at the air in the general direction of the kitchen, which was basically the next room over, connected to the master suite by a short hallway inside and the snow-covered, slate patio on the outside.

Padding into the gourmet space, which he rarely used, Liam made his way inside the fully stocked pantry that sat at the rear of the room, just beyond the oven. Why he kept so many tasty provisions handy when he typically dined out was beyond his scope of truly caring. His left such tedious tasks up to his housekeeper, who took excellent care of him.

"You better not be a picky eater," he called out, as he surfaced, a few minutes later, with a can of imported crab meat and a shiny, glass bowl. "Also," he began to announce, rather loudly, as he opened the tin and dumped the flaky contents into the dish, "this is not an open invitation, this is a one off. We won't be making a habit of this."

"Do you understand?" he then questioned, as he came to crouch before a similar set of sliding doors. "A one off, mate," he repeated, as he slid the door open, only after setting the fish-filled dish down.
It took a little more beautiful kitty cat insistence and then! And then!!! That was enough to drop the barrier.

The little cat skittered in past Liam's beautiful couture slippers and into the kitchen, tail high and whiskers quivering as he scented around the place. Human, seemed like, which was fine, he wasn't necessarily here to feed anyway.

If he could've, he would've laughed at the picky eater line. In fact, he did. Jumping up onto the counter like the awfully rude cat he was, he noted, in a deep human voice, "I'm fairly picky, actually."
Sleeping. Liam was still sleeping and apparently dreaming about a talking cat. There was no other logical explanation.

Right?

However, as he now stood within the open doorway, with a crisp, pine-infused breeze caressing his exposed skin and the fresh scent of canned seafood still lingering in the air, the reality set in that, no, he was still very much awake and, he assumed, now playing host to another supernatural.

While his dreams and visions could certainly be vivid, sometimes painfully so, he rarely felt or, more specifically, smelled things as clearly as he was right now. No, this was real, and this was happening, and...

"Would you prefer a steak?" he playfully questioned his four-legged friend, as if this were an everyday occurrence, before turning to close the door. "Or are you a vegan?" he then inquired, as he crossed the short distance between doorway and counter, tempted to take a seat upon a stool, but deciding to stand instead.

Don't get too comfortable, he thought, as he casually crossed his broad arms over his built chest.

"I believe there's some tofu and asparagus leftover from the other night. I could probably manage a stir fry...or something," he offered, as he cautiously eyed up the five-burner stove, reasoning it couldn't be all that hard to figure out. Could it?
Oh my God, this guy was quick on his feet. Gokiburi had to laugh, charmed. Dropping himself to his belly, he rolled onto his back, stretching across the counter. It was tempting to simply say 'blood' for that extra drama factor, but honestly? Tonight he could play weird magic cat.

"I eat..." He thought a beat, and then he extended both little paws at him, little toe-beans stretched apart. "Wishes!"
Sleeping. Liam was once again back to his initial theory that he had to be safely tucked away in his cozy bed, having this playful dream that made zero sense, because a talking cat was one thing, but one that feasted on wishes was something else entirely.

What did that even mean?

"Uh, you lost me," he openly admitted, as he did finally decide it was safe enough to take a seat on one of the stools at the counter, just a foot or so away from the frolicking feline. "Wishes?" he questioned, once seated. "I'm gonna need you to explain that one to me," he insisted, before letting slip a yawn.
Gokiburi laughed again, paws kneading at the air. Beckoning. "Wishes, dear man." He insisted without further explanation. "What do you expect a magical cat to eat?"

He seemed sleepy, which only made him that much better of a target for the vampire's mischief. A big breath and he determined- Human, but! He was not one to turn his nose up at a possible meal.
"Do you grant the wishes before you eat them or after?" Liam playfully asked, with a curious expression, before yawning again. "Is there a limit?" he then inquired, as he placed both of his elbows on the counter before him so he could rest his chin in the palms of his hands, which were now turned out, cupping his cheeks on each side. "I mean, it's usually three, isn't it?" he added, as he watched the feline knead a lump of invisible dough. "Or do we just go until you're full?"
Okay, listen. This human was funny. Whether or not he was wise to Goki's game didn't matter--the way he just dove into establishing the rules of this new arrangement got a laugh out of the little black cat.

"It's three." He'd just decided. Tongue curling along one side of his mouth as he yawned, he slowly rolled up to his feet. Then, wholly off-topic, he added, "So relaxed. One would think you've done this before."
"Chat with playful supes?" Liam mused, as he sat up straight in his seat and folded his long arms over his well-built chest. "I do this all the time," he continued to half tease, since, as of late, it did indeed seem like he was spending a lot more time with those of his kind. Although, most of them weren't nearly as frisky as this one!

"Hmm," he then openly pondered, as he brought a hand to his face so he could tap a thick finger upon his dimpled chin and lower lip. "Three wishes. Three, whole, wishes," he continued to consider, not truly believing any one of them would ever be granted, unless this feline was really a genie in disguise.

Anything was possible at this point.

"I already have my good health, as well as an overabundance of wealth, which keeps me more than a little comfortable," he openly reasoned. "If I wished it, I could probably garner myself a long life, albeit a sunless and rather bloody one at that, but I'm not sure I'm ready to go there just yet. Therefore..."

"I wish for more wisdom!" he suddenly blurted, with a bright smile, as the phrase about being healthy, wealthy, and wise suddenly came to mind. "Better judgement would've come in real handy these last few weeks," he explained, yet didn't, leaving his playful guest to wonder.

Or not.
Heheheh... Playful supes. Well, he was at least a little wise to what was going on. Wise enough to have a nickname for their kind. Which was... Interesting for a plain ol' human! Apparently he did this all the time.

But, more importantly, he was willing to game with him. "Three wishes." Goki sing-songed in agreement, tail flicking back and forth.

And then it wasn't health. It wasn't wealth. It wasn't... Oh my. A wish for vampirism! How... Coy. The cat tilted his head, a little purr taking root in his chest. But then he settled on wisdom! Again, the cat chuckled, "And why would that be? More playful supes?"
Where did Liam even begin?

In the last few weeks alone he'd been: drank from by a vampire, attacked by a were-otter, assaulted by not just one psychic, but two, and - even as recent as yesterday - cursed by someone thinking themselves a witch. Or something. He had also been on one really bad date - if you could even call it that - as well as robbed and left for dead in an alleyway. But as far as he knew, those last two encounters were with humans, so they technically didn't count.

So, uh, yeah.

Playful times with supes?

Not so much.

"Actually, upon further reflection, I wouldn't exactly say that my encounters with other supes had been a rollicking good time," he corrected himself, as he began to get up from his seat, leaning on the counter as he did. "More like...daunting?" he tossed out, as he made his way around the counter and towards the refrigerator.

"Are you sure I can't get you anything?" he then asked, as he ducked out from behind the open door of the appliance with a bottle of water in one hand and a bowl of grapes in the other. "Milk? Cream? The blood of a virgin?"

"Oh. Wait. I think I'm fresh out of plasma. Sorry," he joked, as he pretended to check the shelves before him. "Would some liver pate suffice?"
The cat would pace along the edge of the counter as Liam stood, laughing for his quick wit. He didn't quite give up the ghost on the strange encounters with supes, but they didn't sound like he'd been having a good time. Perhaps wisdom was in short supply- Unfortunately, it was unequivocally the same for Goki.

He also had no idea what liver pate was.

"Sad about the virgin blood." Goki chirruped. "I might've gone for that." Not that virgins were any tastier than non-virgins. "So wisdom first. And then?" Next wish, come on now.
"Hmm. How about something for somebody else?" Liam tossed out, before filling his mouth with a couple of seedless grapes, which were his favorite snack. "Ish dat awowed?" he then asked, with a half-full mouth, as he returned to his seat with the bottle of water in one hand and the bowl of fruit in the other.

"I have this best mate, from school," he explained, once his mouth was free from grapes, "but we haven't spoken in a number of years," he continued, as he placed the things in his hands upon the marble counter, not too far from his guest. "I would love to wish him well, wherever he is."

"I wouldn't mind seeing him again, too," he also noted, with a thoughtful expression, as he reached for the water. "But I'd much rather spend a wish on ensuring his wellness, than forcing him to come back to where he may not want to be."