Camp Baron Friendsgiving Episode Four: Kara

outfit , plus nose thing and this time it is pierced for real

Fluttering away from Abraham with the goal to become silly and drunk, Asha wandered her way to a... really pretty-looking chick! Who was a something. She couldn't place it.

"What aaaare you!" she asked cheerfully as a greeting, adjusting her dupatta and feeling it flutter a little behind her. Like butterfly wings, but just one.

Outfit

Someone she’d seen meandering in passing with her boyfriend maybe apparently had chosen her as their next victim. The face brought back memories of Fight Night, some kinda big cat, but exacts hadn’t exactly stuck. Kara eyed the nice clothes, power somehow wrapped all neatly under them, a smirk coming to life at the question because how could it not.

”What’re you willing to pay to find out,” she asked over the lip of the beer Maxine had gotten her not too long ago.
Hey, universe, Asha liked smirking ladies. It was one of her ultimate weaknesses. Kryptonites. Plz.

But she'd been flirted with and then rejected by another chick who was also at this party and she didn't wanna EMBARRASS herself again in case she was misreading signals, so she started to answer "a lapdance" and then abruptly cut herself off. The self-harm in this act was immense.

"A lap- dinner at the Terrace," she went with instead, pouting a little.

Life was hard when Asha couldn't be herself.
A brow hiked up at the mishmash of words, a chuckle escaping, wondering just where that first idea had been going down. Kara hadn’t expected it to be taken seriously, sincerely just pulling her leg to give a hard time, but hey if a free meal was up for grabs, who was she to turn it down? ”I’ll take it.” As if the offer was a coupon, it’d be stowed away, kept in a back pocket to be used on a day needing a bit of a pick me up.

”I’m a painted dog,” she explained matter-of-factly, tapping the side of her head, said animal sniffing at the giant mass of spots and orange that couldn’t be seen entirely well.
A painted... dog.

Her head tilted a little bit, and then it clicked in her brain. "Wait wait wait! Like those wild dogs?" she asked with excitement.

The cat was less than excited. Dogs >:(
There was a beat of thinking form the woman and she was about to add more info to help when clearly something had clicked. Clarification using another descriptor was given and Kara smiled, seemed she’d hit the nail on the head.

”Yeah! Those ones from Africa with the big ears and cool tri-coloring.” The ones with the million and one names.
"Ohhhh my godddddd," she grinned excitedly. "That's so cute! You- you got a pack or something??"

Maybe lady dog got all big ears with a friend! She imagined this in Hollowstone for some reason.
Being called cute for it was a new one and she honestly didn’t know how to react other than just getting whooshed up in the general excitement about her own form. Cute was basically cool so that worked.

”Nah, it's just me, but maybe someday, who knows.” Frankly, just one other painted dog out here would be nice. As much as Kara loved the bears, it was hard to have that same level of connection she had gotten used to in dog land. ”I bet a were like you’s got one though,” Kara gestured with her hand at the general whole power thing she had going on.
Wow she was a cool loner. Hey Abraham would like her, probably? Could Asha set them up and then like, spy?

Creep.

"Me??" she pressed her hand to her chest in surprise and fake modesty. "Naaaaaah. I'm a totallllyyy alone... kitten."

:3
The draw out of that was easy enough to decipher, yes there was a group, but the pause and addition had Kara tilting her head partly, trying her best to keep in a smile that threatened to let out a laugh. Kitten? Pup? They came from the same pipeline of teasing, total disregard of actual ages front and center usually. Honestly, it had her remembering her mentor back in Maine.

”Well whatever workout routine you got going on its working out for you on that animal plane,” she said, playing along with the thread the woman had set up.
"You think so?" she flexed an arm innocently, looking at whatever muscle bunched up beneath the fabric of her sleeve in excitement. Heheheh. "We could always test it out some time. Little fun throwdown."

:3333
She really was ripped and a low whistle of appreciation escaped. ”That sounds like a challenge,” Kara grinned, all too eager to see where it went. ”I’m in.” Because even if she got the snot beat out of her at least it’d be fun.

”Kara,” she offered, hand coming out to shake if it’d be taken.
Hell yeah. Beating up a dog. (Asha would later go on to get beat up by a tiger child. Circle of life.)

"Asha," she shook her hand, unsure if Kara... knew about her shit! Maybe?? "How'd you meet Cliff?"
Shaking it, she’d commit the name to memory with the person in front of her. Should be easy enough.

Letting go, her gaze couldn’t help finding the big bear in question as he was doing something or other across the room. ”He helped me out of a garbage bin.” Looking back to Asha, she leaned against the wall, unable to not add to that and give Cliff a hard time even when he couldn’t hear her exactly. ”Brought me home and convinced mom to keep me.” She gestured to the second in question with an incline of her chin. ”I knew Natasha way before that, though.”
Aaww. Wait. Who was mom.

Oh! Wait was this an adoption joke. She offered a little laugh because she wasn't sure. But she did move on to Natasha! Who Asha had thought about just before!

"Whaaaa. When did you meet her?"
”Almost a year ago,” she informed her. ”At that cave with the glow worms in it.”
OH! "Been there. With uhhh Maxine," she said with a proud nod. "That's cool though. I met Natasha at an IKEA."
Maxine had a lil’ cave date too, seemed like a popular place. ”Nice.”

She’d met Natasha at an Ikea of all places which didn’t seem entirely surprising considering how big the place was, but also it was due to that. ”Did you guys bond over their meatballs or something,” Kara asked, trying to figure out exactly how they’d bumped into each other.
That made her burst into a laugh. "Yeah, actually! She was really nice and got me some after I helped her pick out a table or something."

A coffee table. Same difference, when the latter was all you could fit in your cozy apartment.
The laugh pulled a true smile out of her. Funny how she’d landed on that exactly, but it was what they were known for in their food court so.

Asha’s retelling sounded just like Natasha, she was consistent. ”That was nice of her. I don’t think I’ve heard anyone say anything bad about Natasha, honestly. The bears’re lucky to have her.” Was there some tiny nugget that wished her friend was a dog, absolutely, but Kara could love her as a giant big bear too, she guessed.
"Yeahhh," she sighed, gleaming. "Well— I'm gonna go steal some bacon off the stuffing. Nice meeting you," she grinned. They'd probably bump into each other again, so it wasn't a goodbye.
That kinda thing she could get behind.

"You too. Have fun."