Hollowstone Potato & Gourd Festival we'll sit in the flowers and we'll stay there
Of course, the festival would roll around when she wouldn't really have anyone specific to go with. Which made her look pretty fucking miserable at some points in her evening wandering through all the events!

Eventually she found her way to some sort of Punkin Chunkin event. They were down to their last few ones for the day. Probably not safe to be launching pumpkins in the dark, after all. She wondered if...maybe it would be fun to just see something being launched and smashed. Which it was indeed to watch. Except none of them felt like a big enough result. Made her wonder if she put some were strength into hauling over a big pumpkin, if they'd also chuck that too.

On her hunt of finding the biggest one she could pay to be launched, she wouldn't be looking much at where she had been walking. Bumped right into the back of someone with a slight gasp. One would think that she'd be a little more alert with an almost built in alarm system.
His alarm system was working just fine, but he was too slow to turn around on his stupid awful fuckin- okay, anyway. He was crippled, and that meant his reaction time were slow enough that he couldn't save himself from the Were he'd been turning to take precautionary stock of.

It was pretty sad, from an outside perspective. He stumbled forward on to his thankfully uninjured leg, but lost his grip on the smaller pumpkin he'd been precariously holding. He grunted, watching it thunk onto the ground at his feet and roll away.

"Whups." He grunted as he jammed the ends of the crutches into the ground to steady himself and twist to look over his shoulder with a slight grimace of a smile. Hello, cat.
She recognized him as much as one could. Dude had kind of been part of a highlight of an awful fucking ending to a good evening! Still apparently paying for it as well. God, that sucked a lot. Also put a lot of color in her face because she had bumped into a crippled person. There was literally nothing worse to bump into. Maybe a baby but those didn't tend to walk around on their own and something that close to the ground would have been in her sights!

"Oh my gosh!" She blurted when it seemed some sort of life was found in her brain again. "I'm so sorry, let me get that." Regardless of his answer she would already be on her way to cut in front of him and scoop up the roll away squash.
Ah, shit. She was obviously extremely embarrassed, which made Cliff feel pretty shitty about… well. Just existing in a way that made someone feel like they had to scramble to be super nice around him. Course, this cat could just be a nice person to begin with. But Cliff just wasn’t used to being helpless :(.

He stepped back, letting her do what she wanted to for the sake of not making it more awkward. He knew he’d struggle to some degree in picking up the pumpkin again, so. Instead, he opted to laugh lightly, head shaking, ”You’re totally good. Not all that at the top of my game right now.” He explained for himself. As if it wasn’t obvious!
Pumpkin acquired pretty easily!

It was very cute and a little small. A good pick for...decoration, really. It wouldn't have been her choice for launch and smash, but that was okay. Not her pumpkin anyway.

She had been inclined to maybe comment on his game regarding big fight but, uh, maybe don't Nika. She had kind of crushed enough people lately. "It's all good! I, um, definitely should have been paying attention." Roo roo too busy being mopey.

Cat suggested finishing what someone else had started and that just put more color in her face! All of this internal feeling was very awful!

"Were you going to launch this one?" Shyly asked as she held out the pumpkin. He could take it back or she could carry it for him. Didn't matter much either way to her.
He did take it back, shifting his weight around on the crutches to do so, and clutching it up near his chest. It wasn't all that easy, but he managed it. "You're all good. I was... thinking about it. But I doubt it'd make a good splat." He admitted. Really, it was the only one he could carry. Boo hoo bear :(.
Splat problems. ):

"I was going to find a big one for them to launch — biggest one they'll take maybe — if you wanna help me pick one?" A slight tilt of her head as she offered a little smile. "Could snag two. One for each of us."

In case watching one pumpkin splat would not be enough for him. She didn't really feel like it would be enough for her personally.
That was a good plan, and definitely what he'd have done if he could have. So. It was an easy answer. "Sure. I can just be... project manager." He said with a laugh, lifting the crutch under his good side up and giving it a useless wave. God, he was tempted to shift eighty times in a row just to speed things up.
"Good, otherwise this could be a total disaster of a project." Not really. Unless she shifted and cracked every pumpkin open with jaguar jaws. Messy. Satisfying.

"Nika, by the way." She offered with a very small smile. Would have extended a hand to him but...crutches.
He was pretty sure he'd be the one making it into a disaster if she hadn't taken over, but he chuckled in agreement nevertheless. "Cliff," He said with a lift of his chin and a friendly smile. "Which Prowl are you with?" He questioned. Jaguar smell was unmistakable.
"One in the city." A jut of her shoulder as if that might guide him there. "Cloud Cove." Pretty much the only prowl in her brain most days, but she knew it wasn't true. There was a whole other one that she was...mildly friendly with! Granted she hadn't talked to Severin in a while so did it really still count as actively friendly? Oops.

"Where do you hang out besides pumpkin patches?" He sort of gave her Maxine vibes. Except not exactly because she had sort of felt cuddly with Maxine despite being hit in the face by her. Animal wise, though? Close enough in the huffy cat's mind.
City one, Asha's. Wait Cloud Cove? He didn't know that was the name of it. It was... well, it was about as good as Pine Peak was. Hey, alliteration allies! Hah!

Nodding, he gestured loosely to the east, "Camp Baron." He answered, "Run the Sleuth out there. Pine Peak."
A sleuth was a hell of a name. Kinda cool, really. Pine Peak was also a very nice name in her mind. Conjured up the idea of a tree farm or just a big wooded area with stuff to climb. Easy to be charmed by the idea.

"What's it like out there? Much to do?" She had never really spent much time south of the city. This had obviously been an exception because it was a festival. Something she had hoped would work to distract her mind.
Well, what was it like out there? For him, it felt a lot like home. He wasn't used to much else, really. A quiet existence, where you spent most of your time with your fingers in the dirt and boots in the mud. He liked it like that. But for others, he knew it could be the definition of bumpkin damnation. "Depends on what you like doing." He admitted with a chuckle, moving at a steady enough pace with her as they searched the pumpkins. "Not a lot of shopping or clubs, but... well, I always find plenty to do."
"Don't do a lot of those so maybe I'd fit there." She didn't really feel like The Terrace or even Shipwrekt counted as clubs. One felt more like a weird second home in a way and the other was an attachment of where she worked and grouped.

"What do you do, though?" Asked with a quirk of one brow as she scanned the pumpkins up for grabs. Nothing that appealed to her just yet, but maybe he'd see something.
Look at him judging based on the cover of a book. She didn't seem offended, though. So he let it go. Maybe she would! It was a good place if you were into the kind of stuff.

As for what he did, he laughed and glanced down at himself, "Well, not as much as I used to currently." He admitted. "But there's a few places I go a lot. A barbecue placed called Prospectors, its probably the best I've found in years. There's also that farmers market, Valley Mercado. Used to sell stuff I made out there." He moved away from her for a moment, skirting a crate of mini pumpkins to move idly toward one large white one he spotted.

"I'm a carpenter." He added in explanation. Among other things, but he was carpenter at heart.
Sounded quaint and fun. Like a break from the city that always seemed to bustle with trouble. Maybe she could drag April or Asha down to a farmer's market sometime. She listened and watched him carefully. Slowly followed after, ready to scoop up any large pumpkins.

"Oh. What do you make?" She wouldn't have thought him one so that made two of them judging by covers!
"What can you think of?" He countered with a chuckle. An exaggeration, but only just. "I make a lot. Mostly furniture, but I sell smaller carvings and stuff at the market." Had thought about setting up shop here, but he had other things he was focusing his energy on lately.

He stopped at the pumpkin, gave it a jab with his crutch. Sounded thick. That was a weird way to put it. "Whaddya do?" He questioned as he considered the pumpkin. What a concept!
"Maybe I can swing by whenever you set up again." Could decorate her place with local stuff, feel good about it. She wondered what sort of furniture he made. Bed frames? Seats? Tables? Guess she could always figure it out when she managed to get a peek at his work.

"Lifeguard for work. Still hang by the pool in my free time." Offered with an easy enough smile. "Part time water cat." And tree cat. Also apex predator cat. Really she and the cat were a whole package deal of goodies.
"Do commissions, if you want a card." He offered. As for her occupation, he figured a jaguar lifeguard had to be one of the best lifeguards. "Strong swimmer I take it." He said with a small chuckle. Then, because the whole point of this whole ordeal was to pick a pumpkin, he said, "Think this guy'll do." About the white pumpkin. Soar high, big splat, please.
"Would love one." It would be much easier than an attempt to hunt him down at a farmer's market. Offered a bit of a coy smile at his comment on her swimming capabilities. She liked to think that maybe she was the best swimmer! Although that was a healthy mix of both her own ego and jaguar ego.

"Good pick." Huffed as she picked up the pumpkin. It was a pretty pumpkin, hopefully it would be a good splat pumpkin too. "Let's go watch it soar, yeah?"