Silver Falls Snap crackle pop!

Outfit+tote purse

Blair had driven all the way out to the Fringes, needing a rather secluded place that she could do this and not get in trouble with the law or noise ordinance. She didn't mind the little climb up to the falls and traveled along the river that fed into it so that she could find a nice pile of rocks.

She would pick one up, tossing it up and down in her hand before she tossed it straight up into the air and with a single thought made the rock shatter and explode with an angry popping sound that filled the air. It made her smile with that control as she would toss another up, make it pop and explode, sending rock bits raining down everywhere before she then started to toss them into the forest to practice difficult aiming, she would continue.

Occasionally she would miss the rock and make a hunk of tree explode in a rain of woody splinters, that made her wince as she mentally apologized to the tree before she continued her explosion practice in what she believed an empty area.
Ah, Silver Falls. What a beautiful, placid, calm place. Even if Reina had decided to join back up with society at large, that didn't mean she had lost her tiger-borne affinity for relaxing in the wilderness. And on a day like today? Sun shining high in the air, a gentle breeze playing upon the tips of the grasses as they swayed in dance to an unseen song? Some unseen agent launching fireworks out in the distance, celebrating the joys of a simple summer? It was seriously the perfect day for a mid-afternoon catnap.

And so here Reina was! Leaning up against a tree, snoozing with her arms tucked back behind her head. She stared up at the boughs of the tree above her...

Just in time to see them fucking explode into a swirling vortex of splintered natural shrapnel.

Reina swore noisily, rolling over to shield her face and eyes from the raining wooden dagger-chips. Her tiger roared in protest from within her. Was someone playing with fucking grenades or something? Had she decided to take a nap in the middle of a military testing ground?

She stayed stock still until it seemed like everything had calmed down. Then she stood up, spitting mad as she searched for the culprit with bright violet eyes.

"Who the fuck is blowing up trees?!"
Blair was focused on practicing and her aim sort of sucked in that way that things did when you couldn't see your target but she kept trying and aiming and then jumping a mile out of her skin.

Quickly the explosions stopped as her hands covered her mouth and then she made her way to the voice, " I'm sorry I didn't know anyone else was out here! " Blair quickly apologized- looks like twice in one week she was going to be outted but she might have accidentally hurt the person with rock and wood shrapnel. Was nowhere safe to practice? It really was starting to look that way as she could now at least hear mental swearing which was rather colorful.
There she was. Reina stalked across the grassy, damp floor of the riverbank that led into the falls, clawed fingers flexing as her feline lips pulled up into a snarl. "What the hell difference does that make?!" she shouted. "You have to be more careful. What on earth do you think you're-- "

This woman's eyes were bright purple -- albeit a slightly deeper color than Reina's own. She was a psychic! Reina froze, brow furrowed as her hands flew up in a gesture of surrender. "You don't know what you're doing," she observed quietly. "So, what, you make things explode? That's your thing?"

It was her. It was her past, all over again, laid bare before her. This girl was one bad day away from a building full of victims, burning to death because of her lack of care.
Blair suddenly was on the defensive, a rock still in her hand but she moved it behind her back as her heart pounded in her chest as she stared at the woman who was yelling at her, "I thought I was being careful, I saw no signs of anyone here so I thought it was safe. "Blair snapped right back. She had no clue someone was chilling in the woods- like who did that comfortably?

That's when she saw it too, purple eyes, it was like staring right back at herself almost with the eye color. Was she a psychic too? Or a were? "I believe I know what I'm doing, there isn't a handbook for psychic powers, " she told her, her fingers gripping the rock as she gave a nod, "One of them...and you? " Blair asked since it was obvious both of them were nowhere near just regular people.

With her powers just up and going she didn't even think to stop herself from reading her mind and it made her flinch, "I'd never do that to someone- or people...I practice because I don't wan't to lose control. " she told her, slightly arguing with the woman thoughts for a moment but she was rather amped up and didn't think that it was a thought and not verbal.
Reina was too hot under the collar to make the connection between annoying words and thought-reading. "If you knew what you were doing you'd have gone somewhere without so much cover," she responded, her whiskers twitching in agitation as her cleft lip inched upwards in a sign of annoyance. She licked at her chops, her fangs glinting in the sunlight.

She wasn't going to answer the other question, either; it was patronizing. If Blair didn't know what Reina was just by looking at her then it wasn't worth a debate.

Still, yelling was getting her nowhere. She took a deep breath, hands on her hips. "Focusing on small objects isn't a good way to build control," she said. "You need to focus on the scale, not the pinpoint accuracy. Try making smaller and smaller explosions -- until it's just a little spark."
"There are not many options- every place I've tried to practice It's gone south, " she said almost laughing. First the crazy raccoon girl and now this one. Blair was mostly fixed on those eyes to really take in her features but when she did, she felt like a dunce and wouldn't bring that up- opse.

Blair was quiet, they both were startled and a little upset- ok maybe Blair was worried she was going to tick off another wear and scare them like she had before and something told her that the woman was no raccoon that could fit in her motorcycle bag.

Dropping the rock, she would take a visible breath and rub her temples to just get things back in control and just calm down, "Oh...the smaller ones I can do, those were the only ones I could even think to practice on indoors, " she said with a slight smile, "It's the aiming I'm working on. I was using this type of set up to try and help me focus on my aim- goal blow up the rocks and not the trees," she would explain to her.
Reina shook her head. "That’s your problem," she responded. Images of her past life surged through her head. The incident in Albuquerque; the time she had basically blown Wallace halfway to hell and earned her own personal tiger for her troubles. "You shouldn’t be learning to use it as a weapon. You should be learning not to use it at all. Fire isn’t worth messing with. Nothing good will form of it."

It was a hard lesson to swallow. Lord knew Reina hadn’t learned it until it was too late.
"Well it's not like I can get rid of it, I tried and it didn't work so I might as well stop being a sitting duck for the next vampire that thinks they can bite me, " she told her, shaking her head some at what she was being told, "If I don't learn how to use it and understand it better, then I won't have control over it to keep from stupid accidents happening. " she sad shaking her head.

"I can't use fire anyways...it's just explosions- not any better but I'm not trying to destroy anything, " she told her, her head throbbing some. How would she even understand? She barely knew any psychics and even less weres.
Not fire, just explosions. Reina shrugged her shoulders. "Six of one, half dozen of the other," she responded with a sneer. It wasn't meant to be a derisive look -- her face just did that sometimes, she swore. "And I know you're not trying to destroy anything. I--" she grimaced, pressing a frustrated hand to a throbbing temple. This woman was doing her best to give her a headache.

"I was the same way, once. Way back when." She nodded. "But mine was fire. I didn't respect it, and it quite literally blew up in my face."
Blair didn't think too much on the look and her continuing and then rubbing her temples made her feel a bit bad. So, she reached into her bag to pull out some Excedrin for tension headaches and took the risk to walk over to hold it out, "Head ache? " she asked, wondering f the noise did that or if she got bonked in the head.

She would blink though in surprise, "You were a psychic? " she asked- or said really, it was more a surprise but she would nod, "I'm sorry that happened to you...It's why I'm trying to keep a good handle on this one. I know that if I get to wound up and if my emotions are involved, crap starts exploding and it sucks- so I have to do this to keep it in check, " she explained to her, her voice a lot calmer then it had been a short bit ago.

"The one who...uhm infected you, did they do it to help you after your accident? You-you don't have to answer if you don't want either I'm just...just curious, " Blair stammered out a little nervously for a moment.
Reina honestly couldn't resist a quiet laugh at Wallace's expense on that one. "Yes," she confirmed with a nod. "I was psychic. A pyrotechnic, to be specific. And no, my sire didn't infect me as a mercy. He infected me by accident -- a consequence of tearing half of my limbs off with his teeth." It all seemed so absurd in retrospect, that the massive tiger that had tried to eat her was now her Xbox Live gaming buddy. But that was how the were world worked; you worked within the frameworks and friendships you were given, and you tried to ignore the more gruesome bits.

"I know it's hard," she responded, a genuine note of empathy carrying in her trilling catlike voice. "You just need to make sure you're more careful. Especially out here -- this spot plays host to a lot of big, nasty, sleepy creatures that could get mad and try to eat you."
And now she cringed a bit, "Thats...I don't think ow is a strong enough word for that, is it? " she asked, a little wincy still but yea, "But I didn't know were infection allowed for limbs to regrow- kind of makes me think of Deadpool, " she told her, unable to help but make that reference connection.

Now she smiled and looked down a bit sheepishly, "I didn't know, I'll be sure to be more careful next time...honestly you wouldn't be the first that I've made mad. I met a wereraccoon chick once...scared her into shifting, " she admitted, her cheeks going a little red as she rubbed the back of her neck some, "It was hard to be scared of something so chunky and adorable though but you...i'm pretty sure would scare me straight from doing this again, " she told her with a little bit of a laugh but she was mildly freaked out at what sort of feline that she could turn into- no thank you, she didn't have any catnip on her today.
"Aw, you're scared. Good." Reina bared her fangs at Blair, lips pulling up to reveal those thickened, vorpal incisors for added effect. "Shifters are dangerous. More dangerous than any psychic, if you ask me -- but only because there's really no controlling the beast within. It's just a matter of appeasing it until it gets bored again." She crossed her arms, watching the girl as she told her tales. The poor thing was far too young and far too fresh to be burdened with such a destructive power.

"...I'm sorry," she added a few moments later. "For startling you. I should have been more courteous."
Blair held her fingers apart about an inch to show a little. On the outside she seemed pretty calm, on the inside she was mentally begging the cat-girl to not eat her for bugging her during a catnap. The teeth though made her eyes go wide and not want to mess with her a bit more, "I imagine so...I've seen one veery large were cat and aside from my normal curiosity, I'd rather not upset something that looks like they could eat half of me in one chomp...but I'd have to agree with you, weres and vampires are both stronger then a psychic " she told her in agreement. She had a destructive ability sure but she felt rather outclassed by the other two.

She would then give a smile at her and shake her head, "We scared each other, so I think we're even. I really am just glad that I didn't pop one off on you though, " Blair told her with a bit of a smile, "I'm Blair by the way. "
Reina snorted, though the sound turned into more of a catlike sneeze than anything resembling a human emote. "Reina," she responded with a nod, offering the pale girl a claw-tipped thumbs up. "Here's to you, kid."

She turned back out towards their surroundings, smiling mischievously out at the treeline. "...Kinda wanna see what you can do now, though," she said, wandering over to the woman's side and gesturing towards a faraway tree. "Think you can make pencil shavings out of that one?"
Now that had her relaxing more and just able to breathe and chill, she liked that and didn't feel like she was about to get eaten by Catwoman, "Good to meet yah, " she told her- even if it was mildly unconventional but hey, whatever worked.

Watching her though, a little playful glint rose to her silvery-grey eyes, a brow-raising as she moved next to her and pointed to a tree. "The birds won't like me but yes, let me see," she said as she looked for a spot to focus in on at that tree she pointed at. Stationary objects were honestly cake and with a zeroed-in focus, her eyes flashed their tell-tale pale violet color as she made a chunky branch explode from the inside like someone shoved a small explosive inside it.

The branch itself exploded and made a cracking noise and pieces flew everywhere and the hunk broke off and crashed down to the forest floor. Blair gave a little smile at it, "Unless you meant the whole tree like...in the middle-ish somewhere? " she asked curiously.
Reina winced away from the sound. The tiger didn't like it, even if Reina had asked for it. Still, once she saw the results, she couldn't help but loose a low, satisfied, chuffing rumble of contentment. "Damn," she laughed, reaching over to pat the girl on the shoulder with a clawed left hand. "That's some firepower you've got there. I can understand wanting to practice it and get it under control."

She crossed her arms over her chest, staring out over the forest horizon. "Not gonna say it doesn't suck. It's gonna suck for a long time, honestly. But you do learn to live with it. things do get better." Not that this girl had asked Reina for her advice. Still! She felt somewhat obligated to offer it.
Blair felt a little proud at the moment, someone who wasn't quick to just hate on what she could do but seemed rather impressed a bit. Though she wasn't aiming to impress, just to show she had developed a rather strong control over it.. "Thanks and yea...when I didn't have control...any stressful or over emotional situation I was in, things exploded. I can't tell you how many lightbulbs have died because of me but this...it helps keep it in check. " Blair explained, even if it did make her head pound.

The pat to her shoulder and advice made her smile, "I imagine it's the same for weres, it gets better with time, even if at first it sucks? " she asked, a bit of a smile on her face. No, she didn't mind the advice at all and it was nice to hear from someone who once was what she was, "Do....you feel like you have more control now than before when you were a psychic? " she asked her curiously.
Reina furrowed her brow. "Honestly? Being a shifter is far harder," she responded. "Maybe it's just me. But at least when I had my abilities, they were still mine. This, though?" She gestured to her face, grimacing at the mere thought. "The tiger has its own priorities. It doesn't matter how badly I want something. If it goes against the tiger's whims too extremely, then the tiger is going to win."

She gazed out into the forests beyond their perch, arms crossed as her claws picked anxiously at the skin on her left elbow. "But... You learn to live with it. You learn to make do, and you rely on the people you trust to get there. That's the same, psychic or shifter."
Blair listened, wholly listened to that and her brows furrowed some, "Thats a point...I didn't think about the fact that weres have to try and learn and live with a whole beast- I hope that's not a crude term its the first one that popped in my head, that dictates a lot of things, " she said as she understood a bit and looked at her own hands a bit at that, "I don't envy that though I would love a warning when powers are changing, " she told her, a little smile on her face at that.

"One of my rather few friends once said, us weird o's need to stick together, " she told her, a little playfulness in her tone, "So...I have a stupid question, coming from just a piddly psychic human...does cat nip work on you too? " she asked, her tone a little joking and playful at the moment- she was a little bit of a goof at times and it felt ok to be like that for a moment with her. She didn't feel in danger anymore and so she was able to relax with Reina.
Reina blinked, her cleft lip twitching as her whiskers caught a subtle change in the humidity on the air. She turned her violet gaze onto the girl, clearly taken aback by the question.

"I have no idea," she responded, dumbfounded. Catnip! What a thought. "But I imagine that even if it did, I'd need, like. A truckload of the stuff. The cat's pretty big." Like, 'oh fuck that thing could wrestle a tank' big. She didn't need to go into details, though.
The idea didn't seem to be a bad one to the other woman and it had her almost chuckling but instead, she just smiled and then her imagination wondered how big was a weretiger.

"That is a bit of a funny thought, massively large feline turned into a high cat by a simple little plant, " she told her with a bit of a smile, "Like me when I have a good cup of cocoa, kryptonite right there, " she told her with a chuckle to her tone.