Twin Sisters’ Drive-In Inconceivable!

Outfit

Valentine’s, for all it was a gimmicky commercialized nonsense, did make for a cute excuse for fun events like this. A theater showing of The Princess Bride drive-in movie style had all the potential for a fun time so hell yeah she’d jotted her name down. Better doing something than being bored at home.

Making herself at home in the red Pontiac Catalina, Kara had to wonder who’d be joining her in the other seat soon. Hopefully, it’d be someone with a similar brand of humor or at least chill with this becoming a quote along because how could it not turn into one of those?

As someone approaching caught her attention in the rear view mirror, Kara made to roll down the passenger side window. Leaning over so she could get a better view of their face as they appeared, she smiled. ”Ey, need a ride?”

@Bryony

Outfit

When she'd heard about this it was hard not to want to rise to the challenge. Chris liked to think she was a pretty adaptive person. Get along with anyone, vibe, converse. Sitting in silence was the hard part. And movies kind of dictated that. Except this whole thing felt like it was set up in a blind date scenario (which it was), so talking would be OK. The point was, she was totally here for this and signed up without a second thought. Who would be her "date"?

She looked at the plate number on the text and scanned the cars as she wound around them. Most of them already had people in them, though some just had one person, so she'd double check. How many folks would get stood up here? At least you got a movie out of it.

Eventually, she found the plate number, but her date found her first. Chris leaned as she rolled up along side of the car. Her date: definitely cute. Good first impression. She grabbed the handle and slid into the car. "You're the first person that stopped." She chuffed.
Girl looked on down and actually went through the window of all things to fall into a seat with a playful bout right back. Well, how ‘bout that? That was the type of energy she could easily meet. A laugh escaped her, wide grin and all.

”Talk about a first impression. Kara,” she offered, giving out a hand to be shaken firmly in hello.
"Chris. Mas. But, just Chris is fine. Good to meet you." Not typically how she'd share that sort of thing, but since they were on a date and all, she would sacrifice herself for some opening conversation if that was needed.

She adjusted herself in the old seat and looked at the screen. It was getting dark. They'd be in for a treat soon.
A brow went up at the name. Wait like, Christmas? Was she pulling her leg or fully serious? It was hard to exactly tell.

Taking her hand back, she grinned. ”You too. You ever been to one of these before,” Kara asked, jutting her chin in a gesture towards the screen.
"Must've been here once when I was a kid. Grew up around here." She couldn't remember all the old cars, but...Maybe. It felt familiar, but sort of like most childhood memories you wish had happened felt.

"You?" Were they both drive-in newbies? Chris was going to pretend that she was just to forget the potentially-fabricated memory she'd already started to fuck with.
So Chris was a local and in some way that added an extra sort of layer to her that came with having some roots in a place. Trying to imagine a mini-Chrismas bouncing around all over the cars didn’t take much effort to be honest.

”Eh, nah. I’m a transplant and never exactly made it to one of these till now. It’s neat with all the cars already here though.” A whole different model than she was used to with these kinda joints.
"Yeah, I wonder how many people try to buy them." She eyed the interior. These older cars always seemed so sleek. Luxurious. Like an art form. "Not much of a car person though. I can appreciate them, but I couldn't tell you shit about them."

Was cursing OK? The dangers of blind dates were that if your date hated cursing, it was all over.
Now that was a thought. Kara looked over the car they were in now with more of an appraisal sort of eye. Maybe, people did.

Smile quirking up at the commentary, she gave a nod of understanding. ”Ain’t everyone’s sorta thing. I’ve got the old muscles down, but anything new? Nah,” she shrugged, settling into the seat better.
"You're into cars?" Chris asked, figuring muscles was muscle cars. Which was another thing she didn't get. "Why are they called muscle cars?"

Also, neither of them had grabbed snacks. That would have to be rectified soon.
Leaning back, the seat gave a low squeak. ”Sorta,” she explained, hand rotating in the air to show so so.

As for question, a side smile snuck out. ”It’s all ‘bout the engine. They gotta lot of power in ‘em.”
Chris smirked. That was kinda hot, not gonna lie. She wasn't even about the flashy parts but the tough mechanical stuff.

"You wanna grab some snacks? I gotta lot more questions, so I'm gonna need to drink something."
That grabbed a laugh out of her.

”Sure! What’s your poison? I’ll go get ‘em.”
"Buncha Crunch, Sprite." Chris flicked up a smile of thanks, half-wondering what her snack choices would be interpreted as. Did people think about that sorta shit? When Kara came back, would she look at the snacks and silently judge her date on them?

Wait and find out, I guess.
Heh. ”You got it, boss.”

Opening the door, she’d get out, give a knock to the top with her fingers before going off to retrieve their snacks.

It wouldn’t be long before she was touting bowl of popcorn with a pack of twizzlers and buncha crunch among kernels while holding a coke and sprite. Soda on top of car, she opened the door to offer out the bucket to be taken with a wiggle. ”Wanna give a hand?” Once taken, she’d grab the sodas again before plopping right back on down into the car and then placing them in their holders.

”So, movie should start soon,” she said, taking a straw and ripping off the paper encasing on one side.
Chris grabbed the popcorn as Kara leaned in, then took her drink and candy. She tried to balance the bucket of popped corn on the panel between them before taking a sip of the sprite. God that was zesty.

"I can't believe this shit is free." She commented idly, popping a kernal in her mouth.

Eyes lifted to the big screen where a pre-show video was coming to an end, some dancing consessions singing a song that she couldn't quite hear as the radio wasn't turned up too high. "Guess I should curb my car questions for now."
”Yeeep.” Drive-ins with snacks for free sounded almost too good to be true, didn’t it?

Rolling the paper in her hand, she plinked it towards Christmas’ direction at the comment. ”Didya mean that pun?”
Chris picked a piece of popcorn and flicked it back at Kara.

"Shiiiit. I didn't." She flatted her palm on her forehead and laughed, going a little red. "It was pretty good." It was a little bit of a question. Were you impressed?
A heh escaped at the ball coming back her way, fully falling into a real laugh at Chris’ reaction. How had she not?

”It was. What is it they say? Even if you didn’t, your subconscious did,” she questioned, looking up towards the screen before back to her movie going buddy.
A good feeling. Making someone laugh. Like she'd done her job. She could leave this car happy. Though she was hoping she could leave it happier.

"Yeah, she really knows what's going on." Chris joked and turned her eyes on the screen for a second. She couldn't keep her mouth closed for long. "Can I get your number? Or you can have mine."
Humming, she’d find her attention back to the screen, opening credits soon beginning. Why did old movies used to do this? Literally ten minutes of names before ever starting.

The question though had her blinking over, leaning an arm against the doorframe. Uh huh. ”Sure.” Slipping out her phone, she’d start a new message. ”Tell me your number, I’ll text ya.”
Chris rattled off her number, a crooked smile slowly spreading. But, right, the movie. She felt pretty good about that and took a long slurp of her drink as the credits ticked by on the screen.