Museum of Natural Sciences And the Witch Doctor he told me what to do

Outfit!(No flower headband)

Blair had ridden her motorcycle to the museum, arriving a little early as she had learned that was the best way to make an impression on someone. She would pop off her helmet and smooth out her hair which she only had braided at the bottom to keep it from flying everything and pinned out of her face. She made herself look a bit nicer than normal but nothing crazy for her, just nice.

The young woman would then make her way inside and looked around, walking over to an exhibit by the entrance and starting to read the description while having her phone out just in case he wasn't able to find or see her right away.

outfit but with more beard and this cane.

Of all places to meet, Odysseus would take somewhere like this over a Starbucks any day. That was not to imply he had some special investment in visiting a museum. He could appreciate history and natural sciences as much as the next man, but it was not something he considered to be among his interests. All that interested him was, of course, the depths of human emotion. Nevertheless, it was leaps and bounds less mundane, and sure to feed his pond with streams of contemplation and curiosity.

This particular meeting would go smoothly, and easily. The girl was young, and the solutions to her problems were simple. It was not a challenge he considered very taxing. Perhaps the only challenge would be whatever this white hair business was.

It did make her easy to spot. Almost immediately as he shambled in, he settled his gaze on the young woman admiring an exhibit nearby the door. White hair, indeed. Screwing a smile into his lips, he lead with his cane toward the young woman, "Blair, I presume? Forgive me if I'm wrong." He said in greeting as he sidled up beside her.
Blair was quietly reading for a moment, normally art exhibits were where she enjoyed going because it aligned with what she enjoyed doing but something different like this was also very welcome because it was different. As she was a little focused on the description of the museum, she almost missed the sound of a cane clacking against the floor before stopping next to her and the somewhat familiar voice catching her attention.

Straightening, Blair would look up and give a little smile, her silvery eyes looking up at the man as she would then hold out a hand, "Odysseus then I presume? " she said warmly. She felt a bit more comfortable out here than on the phone from the looks.

"It's nice to meet you in person, how are you? " she asked curiously, wanting to just get a little feel for the man first.
Really, it was hard to tell how old the young woman is. She looked about like a teenager, but was the size of someone even younger. But the way she spoke had implied she was above the age of eighteen, and that was the criteria for his line of work. He took her slender hand in his large, rough one and shook it as he would shake anyone's hand. Letting it go with a nod, he looked down; a foot and some change; into her young little face. "Well, thank you for meetin' me. I'm just fine, pleased to meet you as well." He drawled, eyes moving up beneath lifted brows to peer about, "I hope I didn't have you waitin' long."
Blair was able to give a good handshake in return, showing she was a little bit stronger than she overall appeared to him. "I'm glad to hear and this is a really fun place to meet honestly, they have a lot of different exhibits, " she told him with a bit of a relaxed smile. Her head would then shake as she rested her hands against her bag, "Not at all, I only arrived maybe ten minutes ago? So yea, not too long, " she told him with a smile. Her fingers would play with the strap of her bag some before holding out her hand some in a motion to walk, "Would you like to start exploring and talking? " she asked curiously, her silvery eyes looking up at him.
Chatty, but not annoyingly so. She assured him she'd kept herself occupied as she waited, but was eager to get moving. Odysseus maintained an easy smile, and nodded to her invitation. "Waste no time, shall we?" He agreed, and started up a casual pace, cane moving in steady time with the rest of him. Today, his hip wasn't giving him much hell, which he was thankful for. "How long have you lived here in Ridgefield County, Blair?"
Blair would then start to walk with him, her arms holding onto her bag in a relaxed manner as she would smile a bit at that, "Well we have a lot to explore so we have to start somewhere, " she told him with a little chuckle. She thought of that question for a moment, "A few weeks...I am currently moving from the local motel to an apartment in Starling this week...took a while to save up for that, " she said with a sighing laugh, "It's a nice place though, I work at the Cove and then in my free time I sell my art. " Blair would tell him, giving him a bit more insight into what she does. "How did you get into helping people like this? " She would ask, since she felt a little odd just going on about herself.
Nearly immediately, Odysseus could tell the girl enjoyed talking about herself. He'd asked a single question, but she was abundant in the information she offered him. She was new, living in a motel but moving soon. He did not know what the Cove was, but she had a steady job there. She was also an artist, it seemed, and stood to make some money from it. Interesting things, indeed.

She also knew to ask about those she was speaking with. Odysseus smiled to her, head nodding in a doddling pattern. "Started out givin' dating and relationship advice to friends. Turned out I was pretty good at it." An easy lie. "What is it you do at this Cove? I'm afraid I don't know it."
Now that made her chuckle a bit but she understood that everyone found what they were good at in the strangest ways sometimes. "I mean I'm pretty sure everyone is looking for some sort of advice in that so I think you'll have a steady job, " Blair said with a smile, her tone rather light at the conversation.

"Oh the Cove is like a mash of swim club kind of place with a bar, it's fun there's fish and it's got this underwater/sunken ship type feel to it, " she explained to him, giving him a bit of a general description of the place, "And I'm basically maintenance. I clean, keep the fish happy, and just overall make sure the place looks nice for the owner and the people that come, nothing glamorous but I like it, " Blair said with a smile. Not to mention that Asha helped her out a couple of tight spots.
Good lord.

She had commentary first on the state of his job. Odysseus was in agreement there, and he may have said as much were it not for her going on in expansive detail about the place she worked, what she did for it. He did ask her, to be fair, but he hadn't entirely expected a novel here. He listened for the sake of not being rude, but his smile became less genuine as they walked. What he parsed from it all could have been said in a few words.

"Interestin'. Tell me, cher, do you get to talk to people a whole lot?"
Oh no, she was nervous talking wasn't she? "Eh I mostly talk to the dead, " she told him, her tone joking as she gave him a smile but man if he only knew the truth behind that joke. She would clear her throat and shake her head some, "No and I'm a nervous talker sometimes...sorry. I only recently have been attempting to be social, " she would inform him. Most of the time she had been avoiding people like the plague but she couldn't live like that forever, she needed to actually be around the living more than the dead.
She mostly talked to the dead. The statement was seemingly a joke, but it was also source less. Nothing in her job description seemed to be befitting of a comment like that, and so he had to assume her hobbies revolved around that sort of thing. Odysseus slowed some as she explained away her nervous speaking, brow stitched a hair. "Now, that's an interestin' pass time. What do you mean, talk to the dead, cher?"
Blair hadn't actually thought he'd think much on that comment, it had popped out and now she was a little flustered at how to answer that- tell the truth or half truth? Maybe half was better and less weird.

She would reach into her bag and pull out a sketchbook of hers that she brought to the cemeteries and opened it up, "Meaning I go and do art sketches for those that passed away so that they can have a portrait to be remembered by, it involves a bit of research on my part but I like to do this little thing, " she explained as on it was the image she last sketched- a saloon woman sitting on a bar counter. It was the closest she could get to telling him she literally spoke to the dead, "It's odd I know but I do a lot of sketches of many things and this makes me have to go off of written descriptions of someone, so it's a whole new challenge that I like, " she said with a smile. Mentally she hoped he didn't take notice of the lifelikeness- that would be even harder to fib away.
An artist! Of the dead. That was certainly... a unique practice. But whatever made someone happy, he figured he ought not to try and get in the way of that. "That's interestin'. Do you give these portraits to family?" He questioned. Was there someone he would like to see again? The individual that came to mind was... well. He didn't think he'd like to see her face again.
Blair nodded, "Yea or I give them to the records office to have. Just something I do to maybe help people- I've even done some commissions for it for grieving families, " now that thankfully was the truth though she hadn't done that recently. "I hope that doesn't weird you out too much, I don't often talk about the death side of my art to keep from weirding out people, " she told him, a little blush on her face as she carefully closed the book and tucked it away. Phew good save Blair for not outing yourself...again.
He could imagine that many families would appreciate that. There was a great deal of sentimentality when it came to losing loved ones. Up ahead, there was a map of the museum that directed them onto two different paths. One would take them through the history of local Colorado, and the other would take them along the path to the prolific exhibition on human anatomy. Odysseus guided them toward the latter, intrigued by the reviews he'd read of the place. As she apologized, he shook his head, "I have seen plenty things, Blair. Somethin' like that don't bother me, much. And I can assure you, the right sort of person for you would be interested in it." The weirdos, they did tend to stick together.
Hearing that did help her feel less odd and strange, she smiled and laughed a little, "Know any then by chance? The list of guys I know is very...small, " she told him with a laugh. It was, she knew a lot more women but she was not attracted to them- though she did think about that for a time but nothing came of that other than she'd rather be friends with them than date them. Blair did though feel a bit proud of herself for not giving herself away and being able to cover it up, it made her feel a lot more comfortable and a smidge more confident.
He chuckled there. "Not of the top of my head, no. But I'm less a matchmaker, and more an advisor in your endeavors to meet these men you're seekin'. If you choose to go forward with me, I can help you create a profile on the app of your choice, and advise you on where's best to visit so that you could meet someone with similar interest." He explained as the room opened up into a large, expansive network of displays. He moseyed toward the nearest, an exhibit on early human anatomy. "And once you've found 'im, I'll coach you through the enigma that is a first date gone well."
Blair gave a smile at that as she listened, "I would greatly appreciate the help in making one of those- though what app would be the best to use? " she'd ask him curiously. She had her good and bad things about dating apps so maybe he knew one that was less finicky and not filled with creeps. Once they made it to the display, her head tilted to the side some, looking it over. The human body was always strange in a way, no two were the same and that did make her smile some. "So then the first step is the dating app profile, I assume age, gender, location, and picture but uhm...what else? " she asked him.
People usually had their preferences. Odysseus admittedly was not used to being the first step in someone's relationship-seeking. "Tinder would be just fine." He said.

Ideally, this would not be the place to delve into the details, but he supposed the girl must be nervous to get started. "Then, some small bit about yourself. Usually, men like somethin' that seems... unique. Somethin' quirky, somethin' that could catch 'em off guard." It was a simple formula. Boys her age were always lulled into some self-righteous idea that they were meant to find some unique little creature to spend time with. They forgot, often, that women could be just as complex as they could. Perhaps even more complex.

"'My name is Blair, and I draw dead people.'" He suggested. "Then, of course, some of your other interests."
Blair would give a nod to that as she got closer to the body on display. Her artist brain telling her to draw something but she forced herself to look away and up at him as he explained some of the basics.

She then raised a brow thinking about it for a moment as she gave a nod to his suggestion, "Catch them off guard... " and that as she stood there next to him she continued to hear him as if he was talking to her but the tone wasn't and her face went a little red as she looked away for a moment and made it seem like she was pulling her phone from her bag to type out a few quick notes so that she wouldn't forget.

"Other than that, my interests aren't too crazy...you could say I was a bit sheltered in growing up so I'm trying to now experience what I didn't before. Guess that also makes me a little worried since I don't want my inexperience to land me in a hot spot that I can't get out of, " she would tell him, biting her lip some as she wrote down a small list that he could easily see if he wanted that was; art, animals(cats and ferrets), hiking,...
Such a nervous girl. He nearly wanted to shut the stream of her emotions out entirely. They bugged him.

"Not to worry, dear. Men like to feel like they're introducing their lady friends to somethin' new, exciting. You could keep it simple, put in that you're lookin' to explore. New experiences, and the like. You'll get someone wanting to take you to all the places around that he thinks are interestin'." He assured her, and kept them moving at a leisurely pace. "Course, you'll have me, too. I can advise you on nice places to go, once you've got a man interested." He added.
Her attention was pulled back to him, looking up and listening to what he was telling her. So guys liked to do that, it sounded cute honestly to hear about what guys liked to do with girls and it made her smile and nod, "I know I'll be glad for your help with it and how to go about it, " she told him with a smile. It was nice, to just have someone in that corner for her when things- or if they took off. It all depended on if she could catch the interest of someone, she was rather hoping she did though the more they spoke.

Then she had a little curiosity, "So do you...have someone? " she asked a little curiously, her pale brow raised as she looked up at him.
Now, that was what he liked to hear. Happy clients meant a happy life, no? He might of said as much, but she went to prying. His smile fell some, and he shook his head. A natural question to ask. He used to get angry at it, used to wonder why people thought they had a right to know. But he learned that people just liked being able to relate. "I'm a widower. But I find company when I feel I need it." He answered.
And now she felt like a heel, shrinking some but then it faded some as she reached out and if he let her, she gently touched his arm, "I'm sorry. I know people tend to say that but I think she was lucky to have you while she did, your a kind man, " Blair told him rather confidently. Heck, he was helping her rather lack of confidence self gain some to actually go and find a date, so in her window of view, he was a kind man.

Giving a little smile than to get off of that topic, "Are there any...warning signs I should lookout for a guy- an obvious one I mean that I should avoid? " Blair asked, trying to switch topics for him.
Oh, dear. Clair was a kind girl. So kind, but so very innocent. He chuckled softly to her words, head bowing some in thanks. A good thing, that there was no way she could know the truth of the matter. It was all very ugly, very dark. Nothing she ought to ever learn. As for herself, there were a number of things to look out for, but, "I think you'll be alright trusting your gut. And again, cher, you will always have me to ask for a second opinion." He assured. If she listened to him, he was certain she would find some success in her delicate endeavors.