Yellow Pages Wave
It had been, approximately, three weeks since that fucker's ghost had visited her. And it had rattled her enough to turn around, start heading back.

But then she stopped again. Leaving in drama, returning in drama. That hadn't been the fucking point of any of it. Giving up the prowl seemed like the worst fucking idea now, because in its immediate wake she hadn't been able to feel even a moment of relief. Things just went bad and then worse, and then worse again.

No, she was meant to take time away, so she fucking did. Turned around once more, and when Omar failed to show up again, she took it as a sign that she was for once doing literally anything right with what shambles remained of her.

She went to California.

It was around midday for them both, even with the time difference, and she was on Venice Beach, living her dumb Hollywood California beach walking daydreams from her 20s. But most of it was remembering their honeymoon on the opposite coast, and kinda wishing she could teleport Abraham out here for a walk together. Would Grace be able to do that? Heh. Stop. Time alone was necessary, and so far better than it had been in the shadow cast by her parents' traditional guilting.

But there was something!

I just found out my butterfly is totally gone :(
Asha

It wasn't dramatic to be a little surprise sad.
Abraham had fallen into a place of quiet routine. It was easy enough for him to pass days. There was an undercurrent of loneliness, pangs of his own and Asha's.

But he settled into a place of soft and easy denial. Fending off anxiety by telling himself it was all temporary until proven otherwise.

The text struck him as confusing at first, brows furrowing. Did she have butterfly jewelry or something? He typed and deleted, nearly about to question when it hit him.

What?? :(

They were talking about her tattoo, right?
pictureoflowerback.jpg
it's literally gone :"(
Asha

She didn't even know why he was confused except that it was very sad and confusing. The fading over the last five or whatever years had been so gradual, but she hadn't realized it was actually like.

Disappearing.
Huh.

Huh. Abraham frowned, briefly considered reaching for his own back, as if he'd A. find a tattoo to check on there or B. find Asha's fluttering around and C. somehow be able to feel that with his hands.

I guess shifting makes it go away? :(
You should get it redone
Was that it? But it didn't seem as fast as piercings. Although, well. Maybe as a human that was kind of similar. People's piercings could close faster than a tattoo fade.

Whoa.

Still learning shit even this many years later. She looked down at the second message, and huffed.

Hmmm
Same or different butterfly

She'd have to get it redone every... what, five years apparently? Maybe a more intense look would last longer.
He considered the most... husbandly way to answer. Because however they were doing, he wasn't looking to make an ass of himself here.

Is there a jaguar butterfly?

Probably not, Abraham.
[Image: splattered-butterfly-wings-jaguar-patter...594440.png]
thanks google
Asha
He had half a second to admire her quick response before realizing what exactly it was. Abraham laughed, squinting at the abomination.

The more I look the less I understand what I'm seeing. You'll just need it to cover your whole back.
And give you a bigger target???
Asha

She giggled too, deepening the good vibes on their bond. It was good to feel his humor; helped her feel less dismay at having lost her beloved twelve year tat.
Gross.

But very quickly after:

Yes
Snrk.

I'll look into artists and see what I can do

She thought about telling him about the ghost thing. But last time it wasn't like he'd... experienced the same. She had to assume if he ever did, then she'd hear about it, and then maybe they could really get into the topic. And to be fair, Omar really only appeared just long enough to stir up some insecurity in her. It was hard to feel deep in it still three weeks later, with time and actual breathing room on her side. Probably.

Hope you and Barley are good
Asha
"Are we good, Barley?"

Said in an elevated voice to a cat who was quietly lapping water from his bowl.

There was a pause in the noise, then a return to soft splishing.

We're getting hydrogen
Hydrated

Followed by a truly cat dad quality photo of a distant, loafy cat still drinking.
Heartwarming.

Asha shook her head, missing them fiercer for it.

Such good boys
I'll come back soon. Love you both
Asha
He wondered if she would. He was smart enough not to wonder out loud.

We love you too. Travel safe