Ridgefield Like a mouse *CRASH*
The cover of night gave the shadows an extra boost as they stretched on. Lingering within the darkness Carlyle stood, watching the little shop. During the day he had seen the various shiny knick-nacks ripe for the picking. The shop wasn't a home or anyone's dwelling so getting in shouldn't be a disaster. This was the perfect place to do some supernatural thievery.

Carlyle was wearing the usual sketchy crap; black gloves, an empty backpack, dark clothing, and a beanie. Picking the lock to the back door was easy enough and he slipped inside. There was a small electronic safe below the back counter. Crouching down he held his hand out, focusing on the small metal box to try and open it. The world began it's usual blur and then the tilting started. As if someone was moving a camera too fast on a TV screen.

Gritting his teeth he stumbled up and backwards as the vertigo hit him full force. His back met with a lamp that tipped. With his current state he couldn't use his reflexes to catch it. It crashed into a vase sending it hurtling to the floor.

SMASH

The sound was loud and jarring, making his eyes widen. Oh shit.

Failed on the technokinesis attempt to open the safe.

Looks/Fit

Indie had been shopping for some cookie cutters to use on her cheeses to make shaped baked cheese bites in fun shapes and the only places that had the fun cookie cutters was around here. So, she spent a decent amount of time shopping until she was well and done.

A little hum left her as she pulled out some chips that she was munching on, not overly knowing the paths hear ended up taking a back ally path where she saw some stray cats bolt off. Though it wasn't from her, it was from a rather jarring crashing sound. Sticking the chip into her mouth, she stuffed the bag of chips into her purse as she pulled out her cellphone and turned on the light.

Indie saw an open door and approached, sticking her head in, "Hello? Are you okay? "
The sound made Carlyle's head ring. It felt a thousand times louder than it was. Which is usually the case when you're doing something you ought not to be doing. Taking slow deep breaths he straightened up.

A voice and the sudden light caught him off guard, his shoulders tensing up. The world still hadnt stopped tilting but he tried to look in the direction of the feminine voice. "Err..yeah..slipped." he lied, hoping it sounded somewhat convincing.
Indigo; who didn't think twice since no alarms were going on, about the voice who called back and so she was going in with the light until she found the person flat out on the floor.

"Oh! You alright? Here, let me help you up! " she told him as she held a hand out. Must be the owner locking up for evening; poor guy must have slipped on the floor or just over his two left feet!
Carlyle tried to keep the startled look off his face as he reached for the woman's hand. Accepting the help he got to his feet unsteadily, the vertigo slowly ebbing away. "Yeah...I'm fine. Just lost my footing."
India helped to steady him up on his feet, holding his arm and hand while he regained his balance, "Ouch, you going to be alright? Need me to call someone for you? " like an ambulance or something?
His eyes widened at the question and he shook his head. Trying not to appear too panicky or startled by the offer. "No! Ah...no I'm alright. I get..dizzy spells.. thats all."

Carlyle tried to deftly maneuver the situation, but getting caught wasn't something that occurred often.
Dizzy spells? Shoot did he have blood sugar issues? "Come on then, let me look at your head then. I know some basic first aid, " she offered to the poor owner. Poor fella was probably trying to close and went BOOMF on the floor. What a night!
"Of course..of course. Let's just step away from this mess. Wouldn't want anyone getting hurt." He mumbled and walked past her into the alleyway. The flickering lamp outside provided some better light. "What brings you out this late?"
Indy followed him outside of the mess and then motioned to a crate that was just chilling in the ally, "Oh, I was just having a night out, then got side tracked by my music when I realized I took a wrong turn then bing bang bong, I'm here, " she said with a laugh and wave of her hand at that, "Now, let me see your head, please. "
Settling down upon the crate, he swore under his breath at the situation he was in. Keeping himself calm and appearing not jumpy was key for this situation. Carlyle rubbed one hand over his eyes, things were better with his sight but he hated the aftereffects of his ability. "You know it's not exactly safe to wander around at night right? Especially when you can't hear your surroundings."
Indi was a slight be clueless as to what he could mean, the city was relatively safe in general so what on earth could happen? "Nothing bad has happened to me; even at night if I'm wearing headphones...also if I hadn't been distracted I'd have not heard you and been able to help so not all bad, " she told him with an optimistic tone.
Carlyle had to bite back a laugh, her optimism was quite refreshing and mildly amusing. "Alright, I see your point there. What were you doing out here anyway? It gets pretty quiet at night, at least around here." he was fully focused on keeping her as unsuspecting as possible.
"Oh uhm I needed cookie cutters; I own a cheese shop and I wanted to make some fun shapes and I realized I lacked a lot of shapes, " she told him with a little laugh and shrug, "I got a bit distracted in the store so it's why I ended up out here so late, " she told him with a shrug of her shoulders.
Carlyle looked perplexed, head tilting slightly. "You can cookie cut cheese into shapes? I'd never of thought that was a thing." he blinked. He quietly wondered if the cheese would sell better that way. "Do you make themed cheese boards too then?"
Nodding, "Yes! So long as it isn't like a very soft cheese like brie that easily will melt into a pile, " she said with a laugh, "I do, yes! Its the main reason I got the cookie cutters so that when the seasons change or holidays come up, I can make specialty cheese boards for people who might like that sort of thing, " she told him with a proud little smile. It was simple but people loved shaped cheese! Also string cheese too come to think of it!
"Huh..I haven't had cheese in.." he froze catching himself from slipping up. "Quite a long time. I'm not much of a snacker." Chuckling he rubbed the back of his neck. "How long have you been in the cheese business?"
"Well, if you ever want to try some, I have my shop in Valencia if you wanted to stop by, " she offered to him as she tilted her head back for a moment thinking, "Goodness...twelve years? I've been interested in cheeses and how they're made since I was thirteen though...so it's been a life long build up, " she told him a bit proudly because she was! She'd worked and studied and was very happy to be surrounded by cheese serotonin.
"Twelve years? That's..wow..that's impressive. If I ever get a taste for cheese I'll come your way." he chuckled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck. Casting a fleeting glance at the shop he stood up, being slow on purpose. "I should let you get back to your jog and get myself home. Thank you for your help. I truly appreciate it." Offering a grateful smile he stepped towards the alleyway, eager to make his escape.